Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

11 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'm glad I decided to just post on this thread during the week as opposed to the main board. For some reason this time around I felt like keeping this more among us. Can't really explain why.

3 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Makes absolute sense to post here rather than the main boards. Still to many threads being hijacked by the usual cast of characters, getting up on their soap boxes and having the same old arguments for the past 2 years now.  And I'm not talking MDR dress codes or chair hogging either.😉

@HBE4

I was just reading and re-reading exactly those 3 short sentences above, and OB had me with "among us" .... Thank you, @Ocean Boy

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Sheal said:

My niece who will be taking care of our dogs next weekend tested positive on Monday.  I told her when she comes into the office on Monday that I will be wearing a mask.  I think I had Omnicom at Christmas but I'm not taking chances.  My husband was sick about two weeks ago on Thursday and then again yesterday.  Both times he tested negative with the rapid but will go tomorrow to have a pcr test done just to double check to see if he is sick or not.  Feels fine again today so who knows, could just be a sinus infection.  He is prone to them. 

My backup binax tests are supposed to arrive on Monday.  I am keeping my fingers crossed, ordered them Thursday and then read the thread were they were not being shipped out.  Yikes!  I still have not booked a hotel room.  I need to research that tonight or tomorrow. 

Fingers and toes crossed that your test kits arrive in time and that your Husband is okay and feels better soon.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We tried something new tonight for dinner. Homemade pan pizza in a cast iron skillet. We used this recipe from America’s Test Kitchen. We overcooked it a bit but it was still very tasty. Highly recommended.  Plain cheese for Micheline and mushrooms for me. 
E3807671-2B36-4F93-B25D-4FA376119E8B.thumb.jpeg.9522459949b67c2b7e9de81234cee16c.jpeg

0A868E58-B81F-4CD7-8A6A-583201275D40.thumb.jpeg.edea2308c60857bfda5fec55d490a4c1.jpeg

4926EE55-1896-4194-8053-3EC1D3D936D2.thumb.jpeg.2facbc3b7e8a24996f30ce60791f7858.jpeg

CB7AF805-8BCB-4062-B2F0-CC5F5306D51E.thumb.jpeg.fcb9faa15fa0ad4a4fa8e43ca5175771.jpeg

AF3440E4-E1F0-4FCF-B942-8D7228EF974A.thumb.jpeg.d2772cf5e0af811e85eb08da9a9a8ce7.jpeg

849D720F-DACD-4955-BC8D-046FACA0DAC0.thumb.jpeg.bc4ae985f7d4d8363bbe0bea12702730.jpeg

A5944307-E7B3-441B-8284-7E10F8BCA86D.thumb.jpeg.6c988685b44d0e7bb92d50ded4f07a22.jpeg

68591B82-F5AE-434D-8C60-F32CEA483A08.thumb.jpeg.f1e898de498f17ef4d83b4298ec48f6f.jpeg

7FCA70F0-E649-454B-95C4-8A5F5E262D78.jpeg

That looks great. I’ll have to try to make it this week.  Without the mushrooms of course.  With some thick cut pepperoni and salami, onions and peppers.  I could eat pizza every day.  

• Like 6

Friday night, attended the NY Ranger game where they retired Henrik Lundquist #30. For those that do not know hockey, he was the Rangers goalie for 15 years & one of the best goalies in the NHL in recent years.  

Too bad they lost the game 3-2 but it was still a memorable night. 

Raising his #30, never to be worn by another Ranger

20220128_191943.jpg

20220128_190731.jpg

20220128_183115.jpg

• Like 9

23 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Ok, back to cruising. I can now officially say that this Windjammer, where I am sitting, did NOTHING special all week...no seafood night, no special dessert night, no nothing. Just a lot of repetition of the same stuff night after night. I haven't gone hungry but this cruise will not be remembered because of food. Other than that I have had a really great week that I'll post more thoughts about once I get home... whenever that occurs.

I'm glad I decided to just post on this thread during the week as opposed to the main board. For some reason this time around I felt like keeping this more among us. Can't really explain why. Most importantly, I can say that even with the intrusion of the storm back home, I have once again found the sense of peace that I search for when I go to sea. Both the sea and the Caribbean are very special to me. They hold great memories that I will cherish always. I feel very good tonight.... tomorrow night I'll deal with the frostbite.

I truly enjoyed reading your posts.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HBE4 said:

Friday night, attended the NY Ranger game where they retired Henrik Lundquist #30. For those that do not know hockey, he was the Rangers goalie for 15 years & one of the best goalies in the NHL in recent years.  

Too bad they lost the game 3-2 but it was still a memorable night. 

Raising his #30, never to be worn by another Ranger

20220128_191943.jpg

20220128_190731.jpg

20220128_183115.jpg

I watched the first 15 minutes of the ceremonies.I told my grandkids that when I was their age I used to listen to Ranger games on radio and I was curious if any of the players I remembered from those days would attend the ceremonies.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Or when I'm safely tucked into bed in the Psychiatric hospital.

I know you are kidding about this but I majored in Psychology in college and in order to complete my education it was mandatory to spend time in a Psychiatric facility,not as an inpatient though.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I have heard many say as others on here have said that green apple with skin and saltines, if available, will definitely help.  Mike should be able to get at the WJ.

That never helped me.Somebody on a CC thread suggested Ginger Root.That did not help either.A friend of mine suggested candied Ginger and that did help.It fact I had some tonight because I was feeling a bit queasy.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Whenever flying, I usually park at an offsite, private parking lot, like The Parking Spot. When the shuttle picks you up from the terminal, they will have my car waiting for me, all warmed up and snow removed. I just step out of the shuttle & into the car and off I go, after tipping the appropriate people of course. Plus, I earn points towards free parking, usually X number of days.

Using my AAA discount, the price is really not that much more than regular, long-term airport parking. Well worth the convenience.

Interesting.We have only parked at the cruise line parking facility.

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Which ship are you headed to?

Mariner out of John's home port, Port Canaveral, 5 day.

53 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Whenever flying, I usually park at an offsite, private parking lot, like The Parking Spot. When the shuttle picks you up from the terminal, they will have my car waiting for me, all warmed up and snow removed. I just step out of the shuttle & into the car and off I go, after tipping the appropriate people of course. Plus, I earn points towards free parking, usually X number of days.

Using my AAA discount, the price is really not that much more than regular, long-term airport parking. Well worth the convenience.

When we were in NJ always did those and paid for the "valet" service during winter months for just that reason.  Flew from. Newark and Philly and had a nice warm cleared off car more than once.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

We saw him my local hometown, London Ontario maybe 4 years ago. It was like a home coming for him to perform in our 10 thousand person arena, as his partner is from here.  No opening act, just him and it was an amazing show. 

I bet that was fun.  Every time my daughter goes to a concert she calls us so we can hear.  She just called and they were playing Bennie and the Jets.

• Like 4

@Ocean Boy

First of all thanks for sharing your time in posting thoughts and pictures of your cruise.

Glad you were able to get back in the spirit of Cruising.

Also,

Just wanted to give you a heads up of an upcoming cruise.

I think you know by now your "fans" "cheerleaders" and just plain old and young CC friends are sailing together on the Oasis in March of 2023.  March 12 to be exact.

I think it would be awesome if all of us could overwhelm CC with a first of a kind group thread.

Yea it could be a first.  The more the merrier.

And besides there is only turmoil and grief on the main boards, kinda like many people thinking their opinion is the only one that matters.

I hope you will consider this sailing as a future getaway.  There are many famous CC thread posters currently on this specific cruise. Too many to mention here.   Then their are others like me

"the gambler". aka "the story teller".  But in addition to the Bella theme so graciously started by @John&LaLa I am in the process of preparing "souvenirs" lets just say  mementos, that wont make it to E Bay for a while

Now, I hope you do not look for an excuse, like it is Spring Break (kids)......Besides after a few "pain Killers" you wont even know the "crumb crunchers, aka ankle biters are even on the cruise."  We all can ignore them.  And with our numbers we could, well have a great time.

There are many activities planned, check out the thread.

It would be great if you can sail with us. 

So you do not have to hunt for the thread it is below.

Hope your journey home is safe and warm.

Take care..

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Thanks to the people of this thread I had my first ever “Dark N Stormy.” I found the Gosling Ginger Beer at my supermarket but did get their rum since I already had some Kraken dark spiced rum. I must say this is one nice tasty light and refreshing cocktail.

Cheers All !

• Like 8

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

At least your road is plowed. I hate it when I get my driveway done but I'm still trapped because of the road.

There is a guy who works for the city that lives at the end of the street, so we get pretty good service.  Not as good as when the School Committee Chairman lived on our street, but still better than some of the other side streets.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, reallyitsmema said:

There is a guy who works for the city that lives at the end of the street, so we get pretty good service.  Not as good as when the School Committee Chairman lived on our street, but still better than some of the other side streets.

There is a guy at my gym that works for National Grid who lives near my neighborhood. He knows I don't do well with power outages.☺

• Like 5

And my final drink of the night and of this cruise... an Espresso with Baily's. These two bartenders at the Champagne Bar have been great and have taken good care of me. I will do my best to take care of them when I do my cruise evaluation.

20220129_233415.thumb.jpg.56fb85af6ecf82b45d3bb93257e9a6fb.jpg

• Like 18

5 hours ago, Luckynana said:

We love the heated seats also!  Darned good invention!😉

That looks like an angry and very cold sea!!  I wonder how high the waves are...what deck are you and Charlie on?

Deck 11. The Diamond Lounge was unbelievable with the water hitting the windows!  Tim Hortons is on Victory and Richmond Avenue on the way to the Mall.  It has been there awhile.

• Like 4