Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Flight was cancelled 1hr. before boarding was to start. I have a headache.

I was afraid of that. Time for a painkiller. I wonder if an airport bartender would even know how to make one.

• Like 6

14 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

And my final drink of the night and of this cruise... an Espresso with Baily's. 

20220129_233415.thumb.jpg.56fb85af6ecf82b45d3bb93257e9a6fb.jpg

That sure looks delicious!  I've already written it on my drink list for the cruise!  Thank you.  I hope you will be in your warm home safe and sound sometime soon this afternoon.

14 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Deck 11. The Diamond Lounge was unbelievable with the water hitting the windows!  Tim Hortons is on Victory and Richmond Avenue on the way to the Mall.  It has been there awhile.

Was the picture of the waves taken from the Diamond Lounge...and if so, what deck is that on?

Thank you for the info on Tim Hortons location.  We're never in that area when on the Island, unless Jim has a FDNY luncheon at Nansen's Lodge.  I'll have to check it out when I drop him off at Nansen's.

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

AC is the worst.  I keep a sweater in my car in the summer for restaurants.

Not to mention the evenings onboard the ship!😉

1 hour ago, mets07 said:

Here are some photos....

This one is when a drinking glass in our bathroom went flying with a big ship roll...

20220129_190235.thumb.jpg.36dd625026772f51ed9d20339df623fc.jpg

During storm..

20220129_124107.thumb.jpg.81dc91dee78db9bf22fb766a05d3cffe.jpg

Sounds like you've had a wonderful cruise, but these pictures are telling of the rough seas you've been experiencing!  I hope it calms down for the remainder of your trip!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

How did you like Magen's Bay?

It was at least our third trip there so we do like it. Pretty spot. Beach bars. Of course it gets a lot of cruise passengers and other tourists. 

That is why we enjoyed the morning excursion to Smith Bay Park.  It was our first time there. A more "natural " spot. About 40 people on the excursion and a handful of others were there.  Not a beach bar type place.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

How has my day been so far ,you ask ?

I woke up at 7 this morning.It was very sunny out but the temperature was 10 degrees and very windy.We had 19 “ of snow.

I took a shower but in the shower my left leg and left foot were so numb that I had to scream the name of Nurse Toby to help me out.Afterward I had breakfast and washed my dishes.As I was washing a knife I cut one of my fingers and Nurse Toby once again came to the rescue.

I am confused.  How are you showering on your own or at the least, not using a shower chair?  You say you are in bed 23 hours a day due to your lack of mobility because of Parkinson's among other things, one would expect you to have a home health aid or a family member aiding you with bathing.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Paul from Maryland said:

I would have had to take the tank for refilling myself (like a gas BBQ grill) since there aren't any propane vendors in our area that will service an account that only uses propane for cooking.  The tank would have probably only needed filling once or twice a year, but still...too much hassle.  Plus having the gas lines run, permits, inspections.  Ugh.

I don’t think I would like that set up either.  What I don’t like when using a BBQ grille is running out of gas in the middle of cooking.  Our first house was on the edge of the city limits and we had a propane tank in the back yard.  A couple venders around.  We now have a Kitchen Aid.  The main reason we picked it was the double oven.  Comes in handy at Thanksgiving.  I love using the convection oven for Pizza too.  And with that said I will go put together my pizza and throw it in the oven before the football game starts!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

The only way home tomorrow is go from FLL over to MIA and fly Southwest. Does anyone know if MIA has a hotel on the grounds or very close?

When we were stranded in Miami after our flight being cancelled we stayed a the Hampton Inn and suites in Brickell.  It’s not at the airport but easy and very reasonable to use Lyft or Uber.  I think you would like it.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

The only way home tomorrow is go from FLL over to MIA and fly Southwest. Does anyone know if MIA has a hotel on the grounds or very close?

We are staying at a doubletree by the airport in a couple of weeks I know there is also a embassy suites by the airport. Most have shuttles I believe .

• Like 2

Right now googling it says it’s a 13 minute ride from the hotel to the airport. I know it was under 20 minutes when we did it.  Not only nice hotel.  Nice places to eat around it.  If you end up there let me know and I have some suggestions to add that you would enjoy while there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

Mike did get a green apple from the WJ and some ginger ale. It helped some, but I didn't sleep well. Ate a blueberry muffin this morning but that didn't help it one way or the other, but at least I wasn't so hungry. My stomach still feels like crap so I ordered some ginger snaps and candied ginger from Walmart and will pick them up soon.

I didn't know there was a Walmart on the Allure😁

Duh! I forgot it was turnaround day for you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, cruisingpeople said:

We ended up with between 6-10 inches of snow in the Hartford area. OB's area supposedly got between 18 & 24".

His ride home on the main roads shouldn't be a problem. Not sure how well the secondary roads near his home are.

We had 19” in Long Island

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

The snow seems to have stopped and winds died down some.  Andy is out doing a 2nd pass with the snowblower.  Local news says the town next to us got 20.5 inches. Hard to tell with the drifting.  I’m making spicy sausage & lentil soup, that should warm Andy up when he comes in shortly.  We’re all packed & ready to go.  It looks like we’ll be able to get out of here sometime tomorrow.  
@Ocean Boy hoping you get home easily tomorrow. 
@DaniDanielleI hope the seas calm down soon!

@ReneeFLL I have not seen Heather Tesch on TV on the Weather Channel but she did a brief report on their website today. It appeared to be virtual, not in the studio. 

Safe travels 😍

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

I love sausage and lentil soup!!!  Have a safe and uneventful trip down South.  It'll have warmed up by the time you get here, Deb and Andy!😉

I sure hope you're feeling better!  There are many nay-sayers out there, but the Sea bands have always worked for me, especially when we sailed during a hurricane with 20-foot waves.  I don't cruise without it!  Once I start feeling movement on a ship, I immediately put the bands on my wrists.  Works every time!

❤️

Welcome back from your cruise.  Glad it was a great one!  Jim and I drove from Naples up to Ft. Lauderdale years ago, and I couldn't get over the many, many changes from when I lived there, one block up from A1A and E Las Olas Blvd.

+1  We all sure are blessed to have found and shared with each other on Dani's thread.🌹

How great that you were there to enjoy this special evening!

Brrrr indeed!  I hope you and Eric are staying nice and warm inside.

Thanks Maryann.

Deb I would love to get that sausage and lentil soup recipe please, whenever you have some time to spare.

Yes, we are blessed. I am very thankful I have people to share with.

We are getting ready for our Princess cruise in Feb. Princess changed our cabin and emailed us. Upon further research I saw it was an upgrade to a balcony. Was on the phone with my rep asking about it and they further upgraded us to a deluxe balcony mid ship. Drinks, WIFI and gratuities covered. Well thank you, appreaciate it.

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Looks like you were rocking and rolling. I love that view in St. Kitts where you can see both the Atlantic and the Caribbean. How did you like Magen's Bay?

Glad you are ok and Toby was there.

We watched it and really want to experience it when we drive down to Galveston next October.

Beautiful.

Thanks,Greg

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, George C said:

We are staying at a doubletree by the airport in a couple of weeks I know there is also a embassy suites by the airport. Most have shuttles I believe .

Miami or FLL?

Embassey Suites airport Miami will require a car to go places. Embassey Suites FLL is very walkable to dining and shopping and Publix and total wine.😉
In the Miami airport area we have also enjoyed Hilton Blue Lagoon, Homewood suites and an excellent Cuban restaurant across the Hampton Inn in that area. We have walked, and I think H20skibum will love the walking too, but cannot say it is walkable for all.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I am confused.  How are you showering on your own or at the least, not using a shower chair?  You say you are in bed 23 hours a day due to your lack of mobility because of Parkinson's among other things, one would expect you to have a home health aid or a family member aiding you with bathing.  

I cannot sit on a chair because at times I have great difficulty getting up from a  chair.

I am in bed 21 hours a day

My wife is an RN and she helps me .

With Covid still around we are not bringing anyone into the house.

I am taking Parkinson Therapy 2 times a week.I started last month.

It has been helping.

• Like 7

For the Football fans on this thread.

I normally do not watch too many games but I just found out that I knew one of the Coaches on the Rams.

Lance Schulters who played for several pro teams and is now a Coach played for the high school where I lived most of my life.

The son of one of my friends was on the team and I went to most of the games to root for him and his friend Lance.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Miami or FLL?

Embassey Suites airport Miami will require a car to go places. Embassey Suites FLL is very walkable to dining and shopping and Publix and total wine.😉
In the Miami airport area we have also enjoyed Hilton Blue Lagoon, Homewood suites and an excellent Cuban restaurant across the Hampton Inn in that area. We have walked, and I think H20skibum will love the walking too, but cannot say it is walkable for all.

Miami , I actually tried to book Blue Lagoon for my precruise but that was sold out that night , we did a short Uber ride to a nice Italian restaurant a couple of years ago from embassy suites.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Thanks Maryann.

Deb I would love to get that sausage and lentil soup recipe please, whenever you have some time to spare.

Yes, we are blessed. I am very thankful I have people to share with.

We are getting ready for our Princess cruise in Feb. Princess changed our cabin and emailed us. Upon further research I saw it was an upgrade to a balcony. Was on the phone with my rep asking about it and they further upgraded us to a deluxe balcony mid ship. Drinks, WIFI and gratuities covered. Well thank you, appreaciate it.

Happy to share the recipe Arzeena, I just need someone to tell me how to post a link!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Flight was cancelled 1hr. before boarding was to start. I have a headache.

Well, the snow has more time to melt. 
I hope they’re getting you on something close to your canceled flight. 
☝️☝️Crossing my fingers hoping you won’t have too long a wait. 

• Like 3