Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I have seen some videos on FB, pretty rough!  You guys holding up alright?

Apparently Odyssey is experiencing movement issues too. I can't even feel Allure moving at all,  but it is cold outside.😏

• Like 3

I can’t get over how cold it’s been In Arkansas. I don’t remember it being this cold in Portland OR as it is here.

I have Southern California blood in my veins, still not used to this cold.

Wow another 25 degree night, really should have ordered a warmer blanket.

I originally was said when I moved my cruise from today till March, but my flight would have been delayed.

Also I have balance issues so rough seas would have me falling down and I can’t afford to break wrist again.

• Like 2

Goodness I've been away a few hours and had 7 pages to catch up on.

@DaniDanielleMarietta, I hope the seas have finally calmed down. 

@ReneeFLLHope by now your stomach has settled. I learned something new.  Green apples are good for sea sickness,

Glad to hear the snow stopped and those impacted did not lose electricity.

@Ocean BoyLooks like you made the right decision not to cancel your cruise.  In spite of meh food in the WJ, the lousy chairs, the snow at home, you were able to find your peace at sea.  So worth it.  Can't put a price on that inner contentment.  Have safe travels home.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Friday night, attended the NY Ranger game where they retired Henrik Lundquist #30. For those that do not know hockey, he was the Rangers goalie for 15 years & one of the best goalies in the NHL in recent years.  

Too bad they lost the game 3-2 but it was still a memorable night. 

Raising his #30, never to be worn by another Ranger

20220128_191943.jpg

20220128_190731.jpg

20220128_183115.jpg

First celebrity I ever met on a cruise was Phil Esposito in late 1970’s on a cruise out of. New York City, extremely cool guy hung out in the bar talking to everyone, there was a talent contest and his wife threw a pie in his face . 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Maitaivegas said:

I can’t get over how cold it’s been In Arkansas. I don’t remember it being this cold in Portland OR as it is here.

I have Southern California blood in my veins, still not used to this cold.

Wow another 25 degree night, really should have ordered a warmer blanket.

I originally was said when I moved my cruise from today till March, but my flight would have been delayed.

Also I have balance issues so rough seas would have me falling down and I can’t afford to break wrist again.

Looks like Arkansas will hit low 60’s from Sunday through Wednesday but the cold will roll back in Thursday.  But as you have probably learned about Arkansas weather,  what is forecast today will usually change tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

It looks like it took down part of another tree as well.  Lucky it didn’t injure anyone or damage any structures!  

A few weeks ago in another storm  another tree near it fell the other way onto a nearby house causing a lot of damage.

Graham.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

And I hope you and Mike did also. You both contributed to my enjoyment of this sailing. I hope you feel better quickly.

I'm glad we did as you did ours.

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I got the card from Christian, thanks!

👍

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I took a walk on deck. It is COLD outside. Now I'm back in the Champagne Bar with my two favorite bartenders working on a Cosmo.

20220129_231748.thumb.jpg.849191a81918442e63c3e65c42ac7205.jpg

That cosmo looks good. I need to try the expresso martini next time. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

And my final drink of the night and of this cruise... an Espresso with Baily's. These two bartenders at the Champagne Bar have been great and have taken good care of me. I will do my best to take care of them when I do my cruise evaluation.

20220129_233415.thumb.jpg.56fb85af6ecf82b45d3bb93257e9a6fb.jpg

Safe travels home today OB, glad that the decision to take the cruise was the right one and you've had a good time

Sue

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The lights of Ft. Lauderdale on this very chilly morning. First thing I did after getting out of bed was check my flight. It is still listed as on time. In a few hours I suspect this cold Florida morning will seem mild compared to what I'm returning to.

20220130_062733.thumb.jpg.357940388662086414908efc5e6267e9.jpg

• Like 11

5 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Looks like Arkansas will hit low 60’s from Sunday through Wednesday but the cold will roll back in Thursday.  But as you have probably learned about Arkansas weather,  what is forecast today will usually change tomorrow.

So low 60's is someone's idea of cold?🤔😯😇

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

50 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I think that I prefer it when the condo building that we all know and love is on the port side of the ship.😐

20220130_064131.thumb.jpg.4c25e2db088fc93e5103201bf2f3fa73.jpg

20220130_064227.thumb.jpg.8a115c398f776a5839c395e4a1abd24e.jpg

The saddest day of the cruise, unless someone is on B2B

Safe travels home to the cold and snow.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Sitting in the Windjammer having breakfast and was thinking... why is this place so civilized on the last morning? Then it hit me, this is the world of an O class ship with under 3500 passengers aboard. It has been really great to be able to experience that. No waiting for anything all week yet enough people so that the various venues seemed quite lively. 

• Like 19

9 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Apparently Odyssey is experiencing movement issues too. I can't even feel Allure moving at all,  but it is cold outside.😏

On the current cruise?
Last sailing was smooth as glass. The only "movement" I felt was when they were docking, and it was a fun kind of movement. Never felt it moving otherwise.

Today will be spent getting ready for our flight Friday, cruise Saturday 🙂. Exciting!!! The most complicated part will be writing up instructions for my mom, on what to do with our complicated dog…. When he needs to wear the donut (kinda like a cone but more comfortable), when to put the medical lotion on his paw,  when to force feed him his 3 “no food” pills (he’s too smart for us to hide them in anything), how to trick him into eating before his 2 “must be taken with food” pills, etc, etc.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

We tried something new tonight for dinner. Homemade pan pizza in a cast iron skillet. We used this recipe from America’s Test Kitchen. We overcooked it a bit but it was still very tasty. Highly recommended.  Plain cheese for Micheline and mushrooms for me.

We've been using this ATK recipe for about a year.  It's easy to make and very good.  We had one last night (pepperoni and sausage).  The cheddar you put around the crust edges makes the crust taste very good.

The last step where you brown the crust on a stove top burner is tricky...you can't walk away...you have to keep an eye on it.

At the beginning of the pandemic we bought an oven stone and a pizza peel.  We tried about half a dozen different recipes and methods.  The cast iron skillet method is the easiest and best!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Today will be spent getting ready for our flight Friday, cruise Saturday 🙂. Exciting!!! The most complicated part will be writing up instructions for my mom, on what to do with our complicated dog…. When he needs to wear the donut (kinda like a cone but more comfortable), when to put the medical lotion on his paw,  when to force feed him his 3 “no food” pills (he’s too smart for us to hide them in anything), how to trick him into eating before his 2 “must be taken with food” pills, etc, etc.

Ask your vet about the pills.  When we had a similar situation our vet had us crush the pills and put in a syringe (no needle, larger syringe).  A little water in the syringe, pump up and down a few times to dissolve and shoot down the dog's mouth.  

• Like 5

I hope everyone weathered the storms yesterday. I got behind as we were busy shopping and preparing dinner for us and daughter’s family. 

The grandkids love my baby back ribs, so I seasoned and slow cooked for 4 hours for our dinner.  They always ask for seconds on the ribs, and they didn’t disappoint.  I couldn’t believe ribs are more than double the price from the last time I made them, and they were hard to find. 

At least we had blue skies yesterday as the snow stayed east of us.  Today, however, it is 4° and snowing this morning.  

I don’t know how many of you use fitness trackers, but I just got an email from Fitbit with my 2021 year in review.  

76C6CD58-FE81-413B-9EC1-BAC84BCBDDAA.thumb.png.2e51c795fe5a188f3cce3b557ce4c52f.png

Now I have to figure what 2 days last year they say I didn’t get exercise. 😂. I always figure the more consistent I am with exercise, the better I feel. 

Now, healthy eating may be another thing!   Sometimes this happens. 

DAF24D26-9CD5-4A8A-B198-153FFD797890.thumb.jpeg.7856d5fed3ea640fa25c7c4388cc7925.jpeg

I have always wondered if it was against some rule to eat cheesecake out of a bowl for breakfast?

• Like 6
  • Haha 7

9 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

DAF24D26-9CD5-4A8A-B198-153FFD797890.thumb.jpeg.7856d5fed3ea640fa25c7c4388cc7925.jpeg

I have always wondered if it was against some rule to eat cheesecake out of a bowl for breakfast?

Hope you thought about it after you ate that delectable cheesecake 🤣

Haven't you heard?  No rules for cheesecake!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2