Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

24 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

I use a recipe from cook2eatwell

I saw the Carrabba one and I'm going to try that one next. This is such a good soup on a cold winter night.

I usually do a Google search for a recipe for something I want to make and decide which one to make by the picture posted.

I’ll be curious to hear what you think. It can be easily made less spicy using sweet Italian sausage and leaving out the red pepper flakes. I’ve also made it without the ham, just added a little more sausage.  

• Like 1

When my grandson was here for supper last night, I asked him if he knew what Tuesday was, since he is a big Bengals fan.

I told him it was Chinese New Year, the Year of the Tiger.  He said that is an Omen.

He is still jumping up and down after the Bengals win.

• Like 9

Just now, h20skibum said:

When my grandson was here for supper last night, I asked him if he knew what Tuesday was, since he is a big Bengals fan.

I told him it was Chinese New Year, the Year of the Tiger.  He said that is an Omen.

He is still jumping up and down after the Bengals win.

What a game, we listened to it on Sirius XM. Sorry @Sea Dog.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I’ll be curious to hear what you think. It can be easily made less spicy using sweet Italian sausage and leaving out the red pepper flakes. I’ve also made it without the ham, just added a little more sausage.  

We like it a little spicier so I use andouille sausage.

The best thing about soup is if you don't like something you don't have to put it in!

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

It was a great game.  I was getting a sense of Déjà vu at the coin toss in OT. 

On another Cincinnati note, Johnny Fever of WKRP fame passed away.  That was one of my favorite shows. 

One of my favorite shows too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jagsfan said:

F69DA64A-3DAC-42B8-8286-18EA0569228A.jpeg

Thank you. I reserved a room. I'm dead tired so finding someplace in Miami near things to do would have been worthless. The room is nothing special but it is clean and right now all I need is a bed and a shower. Thank you once again for putting the time and effort into helping me out.

Hopefully, at 7:05 tomorrow morning I'll be on my way. 

• Like 26

11 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Thank you. I reserved a room. I'm dead tired so finding someplace in Miami near things to do would have been worthless. The room is nothing special but it is clean and right now all I need is a bed and a shower. Thank you once again for putting the time and effort into helping me out.

🤞🙏

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Thankful you made it to the room.  I totally understand getting worn out having to deal with that.  Long day.  

• Like 4

5 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I hope you’re feeling at least 99.44% better!

My stomach is still a little off, but I think by tomorrow it should/hopefully be back to normal. 🤞🏻

40 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

What a pain in the rear. Glad to hear you are in a hotel and can get some sleep and things go better tomorrow.

6 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

u think u feel like c**p because of seasickness or something you have eaten? Me, I've tried all the "natural" remedies for seasickness, but only the "chemicals" worked wonders for me (Dramamine).

I was thinking it was sea sickness but I have been in that size of waves without much of a problem. I know they weren’t really big but when you feel sick they can seem huge. 😁 We had breakfast in the MDR and I had a veggie omelette. It tasted fine but you never know. At this point I think I can eat something and be ok. I need to go and hunt something up soon since I want to got to bed early.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

So sweet!     I am sure he or she misses you dearly.    I guess you are lucky like me and have a good neighbor to take care while away?

We have a cat sitter that comes in daily. I think we miss them more than they miss us. I’m glad Mike is home to be with them. Her name is Chloe and she’s about 14 years old.

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I hope you get a good night’s sleep and your flight leaves on time. 
Your own bed tomorrow night will be heavenly!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Luckynana said:

That sure looks delicious!  I've already written it on my drink list for the cruise!  Thank you.  I hope you will be in your warm home safe and sound sometime soon this afternoon.

They had two ways to make an Espresso martini. There is the usual and then there is the other where they put in some Bailey's. That one is amazing. That is not how they make it unless you specifically ask for. I didn't know until the bartender asked me if I'd like to try something a little different.

As I've said several times, they took really good care of me last week.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

They had two ways to make an Espresso martini. There is the usual and then there is the other where they put in some Bailey's. That one is amazing. That is not how they make it unless you specifically ask for. I didn't know until the bartender asked me if I'd like to try something a little different.

You deserve it!  Get home safe. Lucky for us we can walk home if we had to 🤪

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Thank OB.  So I will definitely ask them for the Baileys in the martini.  It really does look wonderful!

I hope you get a good nights sleep and that your flight takes off on time!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1