Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

19 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

That and the Kings Arms are our go to diners!

We had a group of 10 couples that we were friends with .In 2000 people began leaving because Canarsie was a very high crime area.Some moved to NJ,some to Westchester and everyone else to LI.

We got together once a year at the Dakota.Unfortunately many of the group passed away.We last were there in 2016.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Thank you. I reserved a room. I'm dead tired so finding someplace in Miami near things to do would have been worthless. The room is nothing special but it is clean and right now all I need is a bed and a shower. Thank you once again for putting the time and effort into helping me out.

Hopefully, at 7:05 tomorrow morning I'll be on my way. 

Hope you get a good nights sleep.  Sorry for the travel frustrations today.  I'm sure tomorrow will be a better day. 😍  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

They had two ways to make an Espresso martini. There is the usual and then there is the other where they put in some Bailey's. That one is amazing. That is not how they make it unless you specifically ask for. I didn't know until the bartender asked me if I'd like to try something a little different.

As I've said several times, they took really good care of me last week.

I definitely have to try with baileys.  Adding to my drink list too!

• Like 3

Playing catch up....

@Ocean Boy Thanks for all of the drink recommendations, and happy that you enjoyed your cruise.  I was on the Navigator last week ago and experienced the same issues in the WJ.  Seemed like the same food each day, served in a different 'style'.  MDR was great!

Love all the kitty pictures.  I lost my last one about six months ago, and still miss him.

If all goes well (i.e. negative test) I will board the Majestic Princess for three weeks this Saturday. 🎉🥂😁

To everyone, be healthy, stay safe.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

Playing catch up....

@Ocean Boy Thanks for all of the drink recommendations, and happy that you enjoyed your cruise.  I was on the Navigator last week ago and experienced the same issues in the WJ.  Seemed like the same food each day, served in a different 'style'.  MDR was great!

Love all the kitty pictures.  I lost my last one about six months ago, and still miss him.

If all goes well (i.e. negative test) I will board the Majestic Princess for three weeks this Saturday. 🎉🥂😁

To everyone, be healthy, stay safe.

That's too bad, and very sad, but at least you don't have to worry about him while you are gone. He is in a happy place. Have a wonderful cruise Pat, and Bon Voyage! :classic_biggrin: You are just sailing like crazy. :classic_smile:

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, Coralc said:

That's too bad, and very sad, but at least you don't have to worry about him while you are gone. He is in a happy place. Have a wonderful cruise Pat, and Bon Voyage! :classic_biggrin: You are just sailing like crazy. :classic_smile:

Thanks Patti.  Have I mentioned before how much I love retirement...🤣

Hope to see you on another cruise sometime soon.  

• Thanks 1

My flight this morning is listed as on time. You know what they say, fool me once....

I think I will be a little on edge until I'm back in my house. I received a notice that school is closed back home. Apparently they are still cleaning up from the storm.😯

• Like 10

14 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

My flight this morning is listed as on time. You know what they say, fool me once.....😯

Safe travels once again.  Hope your flight get off on time this morning.

Meanwhile, it looks like our weather forecaster is undecided on our high today. 
F16B3459-34F2-425F-832C-99FD2A457A65.thumb.jpeg.22bf8ee40fc0118d51efcb0bcc2f6242.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

We like it a little spicier so I use andouille sausage.

The best thing about soup is if you don't like something you don't have to put it in!

Our first cruise was on the Disney Wonder.  Our daughters were in the 7-10 year old range.  Our assistant waiter was awesome.  He kept our daughters so entertained.  My youngest told him that she didn't like soup.  He waved his hand, dismissed her concerns by saying "soup is just water with stuff in it", and brought her soup anyway.  For some reason, that has stuck in our family.  If we are eating together and anyone has soup, someone will invariably say, "soup is just water with stuff in it".

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

13 hours ago, h20skibum said:

When my grandson was here for supper last night, I asked him if he knew what Tuesday was, since he is a big Bengals fan.

I told him it was Chinese New Year, the Year of the Tiger.  He said that is an Omen.

He is still jumping up and down after the Bengals win.

Nice for the Bengals to go back to SB after so many years.

13 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

What a game, we listened to it on Sirius XM. Sorry @Sea Dog.  

Thanks Deb. It was a tough loss but all the credit goes to the Bengals.

13 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Congrats to the Bengals on their win and a trip to the Super Bowl!  Sorry Greg.  Now to see who the Bengals will play.

Thanks Bob. The Chiefs played one half of good football. When the Chiefs got stopped from a TD right before the half I knew the Chiefs would lose. Defense and Mahomes played horrible in the second half. Bengals remained poised and played their hearts out. They were the better team. Congratulations to the Bengals and their fans.

13 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Great game. Cincinnati turned it on that second half.

And the Chiefs blew it in the second half. Mahomes made some very bad decisions including throwing a deep ball to Tyrek in double coverage. Chiefs defense which had been bad all year proved they could not stop the Bengals.

13 hours ago, h20skibum said:

It was a great game.  I was getting a sense of Déjà vu at the coin toss in OT. 

On another Cincinnati note, Johnny Fever of WKRP fame passed away.  That was one of my favorite shows. 

Yes I knew it would be hard to repeat the win twice. Congrats to the Bengals.

• Like 3

OB - I am stalking you.  Hopefully you are in the air right now and headed to BWI.  I looked at Southwest flights from MIA to BDL and there were 2 leaving this morning.  The 6:05am flight has a 5 hour layover in Chicago and doesn't arrive until 4:20pm.  The 7:05am flight looks better with a 1 hour layover in BWI and arriving in Hartford at 12:10pm.  Hopefully you are on the 7:05 flight and are back in your house by 2:00pm. 🤞

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

If we are eating together and anyone has soup, someone will invariably say, "soup is just water with stuff in it".

It is funny that my son had just sent me this video of soup.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes I knew it would be hard to repeat the win twice. Congrats to the Bengals.

If the Bengals were to lose (and I was hoping that they wouldn't), I would have wanted to see the Chiefs score a TD on their first OT drive with the Bengals not getting a chance to touch the ball...just like they did against the Bills.  Seeing that happen in back to back weeks for two tight, important games might finally convince the NFL to change their OT rules.  Stupid that one team doesn't even get a chance on offense. I'm not a fan of the college OT rules, giving each team the ball already in FG range.  Make each team kick off so that special teams are involved also.

Maybe the Chiefs/Bills game will be enough to make the change.  There was a lot of negative publicity about the OT rules after the game, and not just from Bills fans.  The NFL is slow to change though and they make so much money that they will do whatever they want to do.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

If the Bengals were to lose (and I was hoping that they wouldn't), I would have wanted to see the Chiefs score a TD on their first OT drive with the Bengals not getting a chance to touch the ball...just like they did against the Bills.  Seeing that happen in back to back weeks for two tight, important games might finally convince the NFL to change their OT rules.  Stupid that one team doesn't even get a chance on offense. I'm not a fan of the college OT rules, giving each team the ball already in FG range.  Make each team kick off so that special teams are involved also.

Maybe the Chiefs/Bills game will be enough to make the change.  There was a lot of negative publicity about the OT rules after the game, and not just from Bills fans.  The NFL is slow to change though and they make so much money that they will do whatever they want to do.

Totally agree Bob. The college OT rules are not the answer either. Each time should get the ball. I don't think it adds that much extra time to the game.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Totally agree Bob. The college OT rules are not the answer either. Each time should get the ball. I don't think it adds that much extra time to the game.

Seems so easy to me.  Each team kicks off once, giving each team a chance to score on offense and a chance to defend against the other team scoring (plus one time each for their kicking and return teams).  If it's still tied after that, it becomes sudden death. 

Yes...I'm still bitter.  "13 Seconds" will become my new "wide right".  Woosah.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes this should be the rule. I hope they change it. For me the Chiefs/Bills game was the super bowl. They were the best two teams.  

We feel this way about the 2004 ALCS, Red Sox vs Yankees where the Sox came back from 0-3 to beat the Yankees and move on to win the World Series.  In fact we have a highlight disc that we watch every year before baseball season starts.  

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

They were the best two teams.  

For my part, I was just glad to see Brady get knocked out of the playoffs. Agree totally on changing the OT rules. Happy to see the Chiefs get beat also. I like seeing different teams have their shot in these playoffs and Super Bowl. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Thanks. I’ve tried several time. I’m definitely logged in. It just won’t paste. Maybe because I’m on my iPhone?  I’ll just tell her the website. 

@Arzeena it’s lifemadesimplebakes.com.  Look in the soup category, it’s called Carrabba’s Lentil Soup.  

Got it. Thanks Deb!

I also love Carrabba's Spicy chicken soup.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

OB - I am stalking you.  Hopefully you are in the air right now and headed to BWI.  I looked at Southwest flights from MIA to BDL and there were 2 leaving this morning.  The 6:05am flight has a 5 hour layover in Chicago and doesn't arrive until 4:20pm.  The 7:05am flight looks better with a 1 hour layover in BWI and arriving in Hartford at 12:10pm.  Hopefully you are on the 7:05 flight and are back in your house by 2:00pm. 🤞

Yes, the 7:05 was my flight. I'm sitting in Baltimore now. I'm getting closer! Plane is just commencing with boarding.

• Like 19