Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Espresso Martini Night

2FFCD98F-3E29-453C-8AE0-7F45491780A8.thumb.jpeg.67d03fb5ae1ac56fe4546b8c142e3655.jpeg

So I heard about this great coffee liqueur called Mr. Black. It’s a coffee liqueur with Australian Vodka. 2oz of Mr. Black and 1 oz espresso or cold brew and you have a great espresso martini. This was really tasty. Next I will try with some cognac in it and also try with a little bit of Skinny Syrup’s Salted Dark Chocolate Espresso syrup.

• Like 8

37 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Espresso Martini Night

2FFCD98F-3E29-453C-8AE0-7F45491780A8.thumb.jpeg.67d03fb5ae1ac56fe4546b8c142e3655.jpeg

So I heard about this great coffee liqueur called Mr. Black. It’s a coffee liqueur with Australian Vodka. 2oz of Mr. Black and 1 oz espresso or cold brew and you have a great espresso martini. This was really tasty. Next I will try with some cognac in it and also try with a little bit of Skinny Syrup’s Salted Dark Chocolate Espresso syrup.

I always double the suggestion amount of liquor needed for a drink 😁😁, but 90 recent of what I drink is straight scotch, tequila, etc . 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, helen haywood said:

One of my favorite movie scenes is the barn raising one in Witness.

I thought the very same thing when I read in here about the Amish.  Wonderful movie.  I also loved the scene where young Samuel fingers the picture of a cop/murderer in a glass showcase.

When we lived in NY, we visited the Amish area in PA quite a few times.

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, George C said:

I always double the suggestion amount of liquor needed for a drink 😁😁, but 90 recent of what I drink is straight scotch, tequila, etc . 

yes I want to experiment with the recipe. The Mr. Black liqueur is 25% ALC/vol. I want to try it with cognac and also with some Godiva Dark Chocolate Liqueur.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Espresso Martini Night

Sounds delicious!   If I had one this late I would be up all night.   Is it OK to have one for breakfast?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

yes I want to experiment with the recipe. The Mr. Black liqueur is 25% ALC/vol. I want to try it with cognac and also with some Godiva Dark Chocolate Liqueur.

I am not religious but I consider mixing cognac with anything a sin .

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

On 5/8/2022 at 8:15 AM, Ocean Boy said:

What is the itinerary for the week? I have such an itch to find another week back on the ship. I guess that means the last one was a very good one. One day B2B cruises may become a reality.

Did you do anything in Curacao or Aruba? The port area of Curacao is so nice.  The colors remind me a bit of Bermuda. And I have yet to have the chance to climb the California lighthouse in Aruba. It has been closed when I have been there.

This weeks itinerary is Costa Maya, Cozumel and then Coco Cay. I didn’t do anything in Aruba or Curaçao. I have been often so I stayed on the ship. Mike and I were in Aruba and Curaçao recently and we have been many times before. Often we get off the ship and at least walk around but this time I didn’t.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

Omg! I just typed up a lot about my day and it disappeared. 🤬🤬🤬 Will do it again tomorrow.

I guess you do have a lot to share about your cruise. Sorry. :classic_sad:

2 minutes ago, Coralc said:

I guess you do have a lot to share about your cruise. Sorry. :classic_sad:

I’ll be doing my walk of covid shame tomorrow. Tested positive and will be moved to a covid room about 8:00 in the morning.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I’ll be doing my walk of covid shame tomorrow. Tested positive and will be moved to a covid room about 8:00 in the morning.

Don't say it like that. It's not your fault that it is so contagious. I'm just sorry you can't spend the cruise with Mike. And I hope it is not too boring in the cabin. It really would be nicer if you were already at home and feeling crappy. I feel very sorry for you. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

10 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Oh no!. I hope you are feeling okay.

9 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Don't say it like that. It's not your fault that it is so contagious. I'm just sorry you can't spend the cruise with Mike. And I hope it is not too boring in the cabin. It really would be nicer if you were already at home and feeling crappy. I feel very sorry for you. 

So sorry, Renee. Get well soon 😘

• Like 6

3 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Oh no. Very sorry to read this. How are you feeling? Does Mike know already?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'm just catching the episode of Below Deck from when I was on the cruise. Geeze Gabby is really toxic. 

There is one on each series of below deck right now. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

That sucks!  Sorry that this happened to you.  How long is quarantine now?  Rest of the cruise?  Is Mike with you?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

That sucks!  

Add me to the list of those that agree.  

I can attest personally, having it on land sucks.  At least my coffee is being served in a mug, not a paper soup bowl. (Those seeing the thread on the main boards will get that joke).

@ReneeFLL I hope you feel as good as possible while in this crappy situation.:classic_sad:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

So sorry.  I hope you get better fast.  Drink lots of fluids.

• Like 1