Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I think White Castle is one of those things you have to grow up with to appreciate. However, I didn’t so I don’t. As a teenager, some of my Bronx-born friends would always tell how much they missed White Castle when their families moved up to Rockland Co. and once they got their drivers licenses, would take the 1-hour one-way trip back to the Bronx just to get White Castle.  Eventually, one did open in my home county and I was very much looking forward to trying it. The lines were crazy long and I eagerly waited to get a “sack of sliders”. I love hamburgers & could eat one every day. But what I got instead was a bunch of slimy onions on a greasy roll with nary a hint of hamburger meat.

I’ll take Sorrento’s pizza over White Castle any day of the week.

The one thing they had in common is I never went to either while sober . But I would take White Castle over Sorrentos 😁.

• Like 3

On 9/18/2022 at 1:12 PM, George C said:

I have eaten in Sorrentos but never sober.

90% accurate for me. 

On 9/18/2022 at 7:59 PM, bobmacliberty said:

Add me to the list of “never again” people for the FLL Embassy Suites. Last time was terrible. 

We too stopped staying there years ago. Sliding doors that were not sound proof being the biggest factor. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Next up break up the tile floor and tear down the walls

20220919_095223.jpg

20220919_093250.jpg

20220919_095243.jpg

This whole wall is coming down to open it up to the living room to have one Great Room

20220919_101122.jpg

20220919_101440.jpg

Gas Range will go on this wall, also refrigerator will be set in that corner, that door where the ladder is will be taken out as is that wall to extend the countertop and fridge into that corner.

20220919_103947.jpg

Sink will be relocated into the 6'x 10' Island

20220919_105717.jpg

Can't wait until that pony wall is gone, we always hated that.

20220919_111417.jpg

Out with the Old and in with the New!!

20220919_111745.jpg

No plastic walls to keep the demolition dust out of the rest of the house?

• Like 3

10 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

The three of us recall eating ice cream and White Castle hamburgers

Growing up in Ohio I remember when visiting my Grandparents in Columbus, Grandpa would often get a big bag of White Castle hamburgers for us. Years later I would make sure I got some while visiting my sister in Cincinnati.   A couple of years ago,  while in Ohio, We stop so I could enjoy one for the memories.  After eating a couple bites I told Sharon to never let me do that again.... 😆 I guess our taste can change.

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

No plastic walls to keep the demolition dust out of the rest of the house?

Yes,once they started to have trouble getting the tiles up they then put up plastic walls and got like a hand held jack hammer type thing attached to a drill, then the tiles came up in pieces.

Then they also had a machine that sucks up the dust and has a hose that took it out through a window out of the house. The plastic went around the whole perimeter of the kitchen.

It's a short walk from kitchen right out the door through the garage to take all the debris.

20220919_145253.jpg

There is the hand held jack hammer type tool that took up the tiles good. 

20220919_143455.jpg

20220919_160807.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 7

On 9/16/2022 at 3:11 PM, TravelGirlinDallas said:

And Andrew is in military uniform this time. 

I was kind of surprised.

On 9/16/2022 at 5:20 PM, molly361 said:

@Coralc I would never buy hard sided luggage either 

Just curious, but why? I’ve been thinking about getting some.

On 9/16/2022 at 8:31 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

Good. I'm happy to hear he will be allowed to wear his uniform, as he should.  He did serve!

Totally agree. Still can’t believe what they did to him and Meghan.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have never been to Katz’ Deli .When I tell people that they find that strange.Growing up my parents had a friend who owned a DeliJoe’s South Shore and that was the only one we went to.

I've never been to Katz's.  Too large and touristy.  We had great neighborhood delis much closer to where we lived.

I never had White Castle burgers.

I remember WaWa discussion in here before.  I never ate in one.  I don't recall ever seeing one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

I was kind of surprised.

Just curious, but why? I’ve been thinking about getting some.

Totally agree. Still can’t believe what they did to him and Meghan.

Same here.  Harry and Meghan were excluded from the heads of state reception at Buckingham Palace . I suppose Prince Andrew was , also.  

We have Travel Pro soft side garment bags . They’ve traveled many miles . I’ve just bought a carryon  Samsonite hard sided bag. 

Today , I received my third Covid booster injection ( total of 5 Covid vaccinations ) and flu shot . No problems ! 

I like White Castle burgers .  I’m easy to please .  

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I never had White Castle burgers.

I've never eaten a hamburger. I'm not against meat, I just don't particularly like hamburger meat. And I definitely don't like any produce on any of my meat & cheese sandwiches. It was kind of a limiting factor to avoid McDonalds or other burger places growing up. 

I will put hamburger in spaghetti meat sauce and in macaroni and hamburger, but mostly I just eat the noodles. That's why I don't comment on a lot of your food posts, because I don't eat a wide variety of foods.  

And I like Olive Garden. You can't really mess up angel hair pasta with meat sauce, and that is all I ever order. LOL 😃😃

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, NHProud said:

Today , I received my third Covid booster injection ( total of 5 Covid vaccinations ) and flu shot . No problems ! 

We have to wait until October for our 5th and our flu shots. We received our second boosters in August of the old vaccine, because we are sailing at the end of the week, and I wasn't sure if the new boosters would be out in time. But they really rushed them right out, didn't they? 😃

I'm getting a little tired of all the royal family/Harry & Meghan speculative reporting. 😄

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Great Bills game today. They look scary good. I hope no serious injuries. I got to watch most of it on the big screen in the Two70 Lounge with Seattle in the background and a Kraken Dark n Stormy in my hand. Bliss. 
0C614F36-A87F-4BC6-AC80-056E22834332.thumb.jpeg.2facf0820b9989f654c0b4056a66ce1c.jpeg

Very happy you got a chance to see this great game , before the game they showed a kindergarten class and all the boys had Buffalo 17 jerseys and the little girls had cheerleaders costumes. I will have directtv installed tomorrow so we can watch all the bills games from home. 

• Like 1

I thought I would share this pic taken at our wedding, 36 years ago today.

Not sure where the years have gone. I feel bad as with everything going on this last week I forgot about it, but Hubby gave me a lovely card and a rose Bush 🌹 💕

We're looking after Isaac today so probably won't celebrate but will when we go to Cornwall tomorrow for a few days 

IMG-20220920-WA0000.thumb.jpg.8cd40f315ef42d46828647e097d2b564.jpg

• Like 36

5 hours ago, Coralc said:

I'm getting a little tired of all the royal family/Harry & Meghan speculative reporting. 😄

I am going to agree with you.

And we are not averse to Olive Garden either. Our resident Italian Royalty may not like it, but that's absolutely fine. 😁 Us paisanos are OK with it. Doesn't mean we will give it an award, but we will eat there. I like the Zoupa Toscana and Shrimp Scampi.

I find the passionate "food loves and hates" discussion very entertaining and respect everyone's choices.

I do like Sorrento's on the Anthem a lot. I find myself snacking there many times and I do not drink! Other ships so so. It was a blessing after a Wonderland dinner 😇. And I sould say IMHO, H being for humble.

I hate Kimmelweck...UGH. Disgusting piece of fat between a bun. (Many will hang me for saying that, but sorry, I really find it disgusting) I do like the bun though.😁

And hard top suitcases....no no for me. Someone asked why and my why is:  I find I can stuff more and much better in a soft one. I can sit on it and zip it, then stuff more. 😁.  Plus I can pack the SUV trunk better...every square inch of it....sideways and above.....doing that would break the hard top or dent it. I also love the outside zippered pockets and flaps and such, where I can pack on the go stuff and get to it without opening the whole suitcase and digging in.  And another reason is just preference.

• Like 6