Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

12 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Unfortunately, I don't think posts can be edited or deleted after some time has passed.  Hopefully, I'm wrong.

Good morning.

Your question was answered so I edited my reply.

25°F and icy here with a couple of inches of lying snow in our close.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 7

12 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@Jimbo - it’s not about “big brother” - I will be going to a funeral very soon and that unintentional photo from HB4E is extremely distressing to me right now.  I was hoping you would read between the lines and understand without me having to spell it out….

I understand your sadness @aussielozzie18 and send our sincere condolences to the family and friends.

Love Graham and Pauline xx

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Apologies if this has already been discussed but I just watched the new Netflix documentary “Volcano, rescue from Whakaari”.  It centres on  the volcanic eruption on White Island in New Zealand in 2019 that occurred whilst two groups (including those from an Ovation of the seas shore tour) were on a guided tour of White Island.

The stunning scenery of the area features in the opening scenes.  Then on camera talks by many of those directly impacted on the day, survivors, those who immediately rushed to assist and families of loved ones.

A respectfully done, very moving documentary. 

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I've tried a new recipe of very low fat (5%) white cheese cake. Let's say that it looks better than it tastes....

In the making [and very promising] --

image.thumb.jpeg.fd3b98d17e28a50c9aab42a446eaf9fd.jpeg

... and after DH decided to make an artistic composition of it 😉

image.thumb.jpeg.a443721f9f369a849c91e6b9d1ae2026.jpeg

I think low-fat might be the problem Dani…,

• Like 1

It is 28°F this morning, and we have about an inch of snow on the ground.  

Today, we are driving to Erie, PA, to have a pre-Christmas get together with 3 of Susan’s sisters.  Then back to our house to start preparing for tomorrow’s early Christmas meal at our house with our daughter and her family. 

We will also be having an early 40th birthday celebration for our son-in-law. His actual birthday isn’t until Christmas Day. 

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

It is 28°F this morning, and we have about an inch of snow on the ground.  

Today, we are driving to Erie, PA, to have a pre-Christmas get together with 3 of Susan’s sisters.  Then back to our house to start preparing for tomorrow’s early Christmas meal at our house with our daughter and her family. 

We will also be having an early 40th birthday celebration for our son-in-law. His actual birthday isn’t until Christmas Day. 

Happy early 40th.birthday to your son in law .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

For sure... I've thought "low fat? let's give it a try"....☹️

Oh, well, back to cream cheese 25-30% fat 😉

Yeah.  We try to make something "healthier" to eat...low fat just doesn't "cut" it.  Sorry it didn't work out that way!😔

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I am so sorry, Sue.  My sincere condolences to you and your cousin.  Losing a child is the worst..my nephew died at the age of 32, and our best man lost his son at the age of 17 due to a horrific accident.  Our friends joined a group for grieving parents, which has helped some.  My sister, unfortunately, chose not to go that route.😢

Thank you. It was a beautiful but simple service.  

Sorry to hear about loss of young ones in your life too. It's so tragic when a full life hasn't been lived.

• Like 5

Before our four hour drive back home and after stopping for breakfast with family we stopped at our favourite fishing port of Mevagissey. Very quite this time of year without all the summer tourists. Had lunch and have now have hit the road for our drive back home. 

The outer harbour

20221217_114206.thumb.jpg.190235daecf1ce8482c6c003ec874772.jpg

inner harbour with the fishing fleet

20221217_114436.thumb.jpg.8fa1990872bf589ed19a0b25fe1c1b0b.jpg

View from our restaurant

IMG-20221217-WA0003.thumb.jpg.11d44c1c175620e4ab994f408e156cdd.jpg lunch

20221217_121018.thumb.jpg.f35fbe5aa1b9615857bd5aa432e62927.jpg

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 21

We're in our way to CT for our "Cousins Christmas".  Our daughters and family will all be there, with the exception of our oldest grandson Chris.  He has his last final Monday night at Villanova.  He will be missed..it changes every year.  Next year 3 of our grandchildren will be in College. Beautiful day for traveling.  Have a great day everyone!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

I've tried a new recipe of very low fat (5%) white cheese cake. Let's say that it looks better than it tastes....

In the making [and very promising] --

image.thumb.jpeg.fd3b98d17e28a50c9aab42a446eaf9fd.jpeg

... and after DH decided to make an artistic composition of it 😉

image.thumb.jpeg.a443721f9f369a849c91e6b9d1ae2026.jpeg

That does look real good and I don't eat cheese cake.  DH set that pic up great too.

• Thanks 1

Speaking of my Dad recently (relative to dementia), today 78 years ago he was captured in the village of Honsfeld during the 2nd day of the Bulge and spent the remainder of the war as prisoner. My Mom was expecting (with my older brother) at the time and had no idea if he was alive or killed. Can't imagine. May we continue to honor all still-living WWII vets and keep the memories alive of those no longer here. 

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 4