Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

31 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

@Sea Dog Please just keep in mind renting a scooter for your cruise.  Even if you only use it a few times…that’s less pain and damage you’ll encounter.  And probably cause Linda less worry as well.  Best health wishes to you both.

I will consider it, Thank you Helen.

28 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Best wishes to Linda for a successful surgery with a speedy recovery.🙏

Thanks Debbie!

• Like 1

@Sea Dog Greg, I hope Linda has a good outcome, and that you get some relief for your knee until you have it replaced.  

I walked by this place yesterday, and thought of you. 

IMG_7954.thumb.jpeg.90551338e37767f334b790e0ea49f8f6.jpeg

It looked interesting inside, but I doubt I will get to try it out with the grandkids along. 

• Like 8

Just now, h20skibum said:

@Sea Dog Greg, I hope Linda has a good outcome, and that you get some relief for your knee until you have it replaced.  

I walked by this place yesterday, and thought of you. 

IMG_7954.thumb.jpeg.90551338e37767f334b790e0ea49f8f6.jpeg

It looked interesting inside, but I doubt I will get to try it out with the grandkids along. 

Looks like my kinda place.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Just an update (no need for well wishes or anything it's just part of life getting older) as Linda is now scheduled to have hand surgery Friday on her right thumb where she has no cartilage and severe arthritis. I guess they will cut a tendon in her arm and roll it up and use it as cartilage for her thumb. She will not be able to lift anything with that hand for 3 months. She should be ready to go for our October cruise. 

I meet with knee surgeon next week but I am very doubtful I can get a total knee replacement scheduled with enough time to rehab before our cruise. So I may have to get some more injections to tie me over until after. I'm in a lot of pain and it is tough walking now after the previous injections have worn off but hey I'm used to pain so I will grin and bear it.

Not looking for any sympathy or anything as I just like keeping my dear friends here updated on whats going on, since I will playing nurse to Linda. The only thing I am not looking forward to is that she has to be at the hospital at 5:30am this Friday. That will be no fun.

Cheers!

Greg, best wishes for Linda's successful hand surgery.  So sorry you're experiencing so much knee pain.  I hope the interim injections help before surgery and that you both can enjoy your Oct. cruise to the fullest.  I know it will be a blast!

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Just an update (no need for well wishes or anything it's just part of life getting older) as Linda is now scheduled to have hand surgery Friday on her right thumb where she has no cartilage and severe arthritis. I guess they will cut a tendon in her arm and roll it up and use it as cartilage for her thumb. She will not be able to lift anything with that hand for 3 months. She should be ready to go for our October cruise. 

I meet with knee surgeon next week but I am very doubtful I can get a total knee replacement scheduled with enough time to rehab before our cruise. So I may have to get some more injections to tie me over until after. I'm in a lot of pain and it is tough walking now after the previous injections have worn off but hey I'm used to pain so I will grin and bear it.

Not looking for any sympathy or anything as I just like keeping my dear friends here updated on whats going on, since I will playing nurse to Linda. The only thing I am not looking forward to is that she has to be at the hospital at 5:30am this Friday. That will be no fun.

Cheers!

Sending prayers 🙏 and good wishes for Linda's hand surgery on Friday and for your knee pain to ease Greg.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I don’t know how people, who live near the beach, can stand these views every morning. 

Believe me, it is difficult. However, we make the sacrifice so that the inlanders can have some space.

• Haha 19

Last night, we tried something we have never done.  We went to Medieval Times for our dinner and a show. 

IMG_7991.thumb.jpeg.a526352cc15c1b0223a32892b1ea83d4.jpeg

Of course, the kids were excited about being able to eat with their hands. 

IMG_8020.thumb.jpeg.8f793267d7bff96157ac6d154199299c.jpeg

They did have an entertaining show 

IMG_8009.thumb.jpeg.7b10fc2c76bbc88ed2ecc01ce7e7278c.jpeg

IMG_8004.thumb.jpeg.acbaf0850ccec58ee6b5171b09f8a503.jpeg

And granddaughter caught a rose

IMG_8023.thumb.jpeg.0736a32eeed2be1276b859c3d5103d0e.jpeg

tossed by this Knight

IMG_8028.thumb.jpeg.36311a0164c7cca977fd40e3843e67e2.jpeg

After watching jousting and sword fights, what is a good grandparent to do?   Why, buy them all swords and let them have their own sword fights. 

IMG_8049.thumb.jpeg.a4e118345d0d3d95e5d0979eee7cb4e7.jpeg

Sometimes, you even have to use your brother when there isn’t a horse available 

IMG_8033.thumb.jpeg.be391f401c14e75bcf0ceb7ff8c96e07.jpeg

They definitely had a great time, and the food was better than I expected. 

• Like 20
  • Haha 10

15 hours ago, jagsfan said:

meanwhile, a question:

if you park in the terminal at Pt Canaveral, do the porters take your luggage to your car?

They will. If you ask them and tip them good. That has been our experience.

Where is your next cruise?

15 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Last night, we tried something we have never done.  We went to Medieval Times for our dinner and a show. 

IMG_7991.thumb.jpeg.a526352cc15c1b0223a32892b1ea83d4.jpeg

Of course, the kids were excited about being able to eat with their hands. 

IMG_8020.thumb.jpeg.8f793267d7bff96157ac6d154199299c.jpeg

They did have an entertaining show 

IMG_8009.thumb.jpeg.7b10fc2c76bbc88ed2ecc01ce7e7278c.jpeg

IMG_8004.thumb.jpeg.acbaf0850ccec58ee6b5171b09f8a503.jpeg

And granddaughter caught a rose

IMG_8023.thumb.jpeg.0736a32eeed2be1276b859c3d5103d0e.jpeg

tossed by this Knight

IMG_8028.thumb.jpeg.36311a0164c7cca977fd40e3843e67e2.jpeg

After watching jousting and sword fights, what is a good grandparent to do?   Why, buy them all swords and let them have their own sword fights. 

IMG_8049.thumb.jpeg.a4e118345d0d3d95e5d0979eee7cb4e7.jpeg

Sometimes, you even have to use your brother when there isn’t a horse available 

IMG_8033.thumb.jpeg.be391f401c14e75bcf0ceb7ff8c96e07.jpeg

They definitely had a great time, and the food was better than I expected. 

We have been to Medieval Times many times, both in NJ and Florida. Didn't know they had one in Myrtle Beach.

It's always a great evening, some people don't know that the food is really good too. It's amazing just how many people they can feed all at once.

Edit: Just reread your post, you mentioned the food was good too. 🙂

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 6

14 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Cheers!

Wishing you and Linda the best.😀

You cannot say no need for best wishes....you will get the best wishes always! Especially from this online family.

• Like 9

9 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Greg, best wishes for Linda's successful hand surgery.  So sorry you're experiencing so much knee pain.  I hope the interim injections help before surgery and that you both can enjoy your Oct. cruise to the fullest.  I know it will be a blast!

Thanks Bonnie! 

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Sending prayers 🙏 and good wishes for Linda's hand surgery on Friday and for your knee pain to ease Greg.

Thank you Graham!

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

I don’t know how people, who live near the beach, can stand these views every morning. 

IMG_8048.thumb.jpeg.2a8e561d820121ba89055e0a957643f4.jpeg

I wouldn’t mind waking up to that every day.

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

As well from our home. 

Thanks Andrew!

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Greg - I hope that both you and Linda can get your bodies fixed.  Retirement should be a time of fun, not pain.

Totally agree. Pain is not fun.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Wishing you and Linda the best.😀

You cannot say no need for best wishes....you will get the best wishes always! Especially from this online family.

I do love my family here. Thank you.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

IMG_8048.thumb.jpeg.2a8e561d820121ba89055e0a957643f4.jpeg

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

We suffer through.  The hardest part is waking up early enough to see it.

This was going to be my response.  Will be there later today.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Not yet.

Pauline thinks they are cute.

It is raining and 60°F here this morning at 07.24am.

We don't have any bunnies around here...geckos, squirrels, frogs, snakes, turtles, gnats, mosquitos, etc...but no bunnies.  We did have bunnies in Ohio though and Micheline most definitely did NOT think they were cute.  Whatever flowers she planted would get mowed down within a week.  We trained our dog to chase them away, but they kept coming back.  

• Like 6