Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Love the picture, Sue!  How was your Reunion?

Sounds like a fun day with the kids writing and acting for their movie yesterday.  Bright and talented grandchildren, Mark!

A bit stressed?  I guess many of us have been in that situation.  When we were flying home from Italy, there was a delay in our flight, then a last minute change in the gate.  We just made our connection in Switzerland.  I feel like almost the entire plane was full of those of us running to our Swiss Air flight.  Literally, a large crowd of us all running to our plane.

I think it is better when there is a large group as I think there might be a better chance of them holding the plane. I my case there were 3 people on the plane connecting to Providence. I didn't have much hope for the plane waiting. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I can definitely see why. Mike just informed me they changed the gate that we will be leaving out of. Changed fom C27 now to A17. We get into PHL at gate C26 so leaving from gate C27 would've been perfect.

A-17 is Terminal  A-West, It's the furthest A Terminal...........make sure it's 17 and if it is it will be past the first A Terminal

PHL Terminal A Map

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I think it is better when there is a large group as I think there might be a better chance of them holding the plane. I my case there were 3 people on the plane connecting to Providence. I didn't have much hope for the plane waiting. 

My DH has had a lot of tight connections lately due to all the delays because of weather.  He always asks the gate agent at the gate his plane comes in on to call ahead to the next gate to let them know he is coming.  Most of the time they will try to wait and not give up his seat to someone else.  Helps to have status with the airline too I think though.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

That is about a 15 minute walk between those gates.  Hope you are not further delayed. 

Thank goodness, we're at the gate and have about 30 minutes till boarding. 

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Safe travels, Renee and Mike.  Enjoy Amsterdam, and your cruise next week!🚢

Thanks, we are definitely looking forward to it. Free booze so I'll definitely be partaking in that. It should help me sleep. 😆 🥂

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

They're not really sand fleas or sand flies. They are biting midges, and they are all over the Caribbean and southern states. I've been bitten, just about everywhere, San Juan, St. Kitts, Roatan...

We stayed at our friends' house in Melbourne Beach, FL, and they were particularly bad there and in Louisiana and N. Carolina. 

https://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/publication/IN626

No see um bites.JPG

Ouch!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

My DH has had a lot of tight connections lately due to all the delays because of weather.  He always asks the gate agent at the gate his plane comes in on to call ahead to the next gate to let them know he is coming.  Most of the time they will try to wait and not give up his seat to someone else.  Helps to have status with the airline too I think though.

I did the same thing. Ran to the gate agent, told him the gate I was going to and asked him to call.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

My best time in the college library was gazing out at the people walking by giving me inspiration to write many short stories and poetry.

Mine was learning organic chemistry😏 I went to college for one reason, to get to medical school. I had friends who went for no reason... they had a blast.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Thank goodness, we're at the gate and have about 30 minutes till boarding. 

Thanks, we are definitely looking forward to it. Free booze so I'll definitely be partaking in that. It should help me sleep. 😆 🥂

Ouch!

You and Mike have a great time!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Most of my memories of college involve long nights in the library.😑

I remember taking a tour of Princeton when my kids were much younger.  The bar there was called the library at that time so when parents saw the charges they would think their kids were spending the night studying.  Can't say that's still the case but thought it was funny at the time.

• Haha 9

8 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Mine was learning organic chemistry😏 I went to college for one reason, to get to medical school. I had friends who went for no reason... they had a blast.

I would have thought it would have been biochemistry instead of organic. 🧪

9 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I am sure that you do not regret your decision to concentrate on your studies.I was just the opposite .I began college with the intent of becoming a Veterinarian but did not concentrate on my studies.I had a good career in another field but regret that it took me a while to become a student.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I certainly agree about there being a better chance when there's a large group.  I have to tell you though, we were all out of breath when we got on the plane.   We haven't flown since 2016, and I'm not going to lie..I'm a little anxious with how so many flights get cancelled or delayed these days, hoping we don't have a cancellation or delay, and being on the airplane for our 5 hour trip to Arizona next month.   At least it's a direct flight, so no running involved (unless there's a gate change!)

• Like 3