Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

You are not the only one.I have no idea what that is.

DumDums are lollipops.  They come in many flavors and you can find them in banks and other such places for the kiddies.  They are allergen free which helps me and I love them, especially cotton candy and bubble gum!!!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@BonTexasNY Hey Bonnie.  Sorry to hear of your unexpected loss.  An unexpected loss can hit us hard.  I pray that you and her friends and family receive the comfort needed. 

Thanks, John.

4 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I’m so sorry. Hopefully Cheri didn’t know it was happening. 
Losing dear friends is so painful, and as we age, we lose more and more of them. 
Keep the good memories close and Cheri will still be with you. 

Much appreciated, Mimi

4 hours ago, MJSailors said:

@BonTexasNY Bonnie-I am a firm believer that our loved ones remain with us after their passing.

Cheri did have a hand in your plans today.

Often, I call on my “team” to help me with something or to send up

my worries and/or love to them.

My team is my Mom,Dad, a well-grounded priest and a dear friend who was a treasured classroom aide of mine.

They have helped me get through some tight spots, always.

In my faith we would call your Cheri your guardian angel.

Your friendship continues.

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

Thank you so much.  True words for sure.  I'm glad you have such a loving, supportive team.

I saw people at the Memorial I hadn't seen in at least 5 years.  After it was over, we stood and chatted reliving wonderful, oftentimes funny memories. We laughed and I so loved that!  We promised to stay in touch since we live relatively close to each other. I'm going to be sure that happens!

• Like 17

58 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

DumDums are lollipops.  They come in many flavors and you can find them in banks and other such places for the kiddies.  They are allergen free which helps me and I love them, especially cotton candy and bubble gum!!!

I like the white/clear ones whatever those are, I think pineapple.  I like cream soda too.

I used to always have them when my son was young and we were flying to see my parents in Florida.  Helped keep his ears from blocking.  We were on a flight once and the guy sitting in front of me was freaking out because there was a toddler in front of him who was screaming because their ears hurt.  I tapped the guy on the shoulder with a dum dum and if looks could kill, I would be dead now.  I pointed at the toddler and he passed the lollipop up to the Mom.  A little while later, he turned around and said thank you.  The Mom stopped and thanked me when she was up once the seat belt sign was off.  I gave her another for landing. 🙂 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

@Ocean Boy Hey I finally got my ER report back. It took way longer than it need to as I had to fill out a separate form. Here is a screen shot of my Sodium and Potassium levels. What are your thoughts?

Screenshot2023-08-24at1_54_51PM.thumb.png.8f42dcaeef314fab65c71ae53e30126b.png

That potassium is not low enough to cause any symptoms.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

We have a neighbor selling their house since their Husband passed away in July and she cannot stand being in the home and passing by the bedroom where he died.     

The listing was posted online this morning and our street has been non-stop traffic all day.    Eric said there must have been at least 50 people walking thru the house while I was at work.    

She told another neighbor she wants to sell quick so she listed the house about $50K under market value.     With this many people checking out the home they will probably end up in a bidding war and sell for over market value.    

Hopefully the traffic slows down for the evening soon.

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

That’s what Linda thought. Question is what’s causing it as it’s now happened twice? I see my primary care doctor in early October I’ll ask then.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Thanks OB as that is what I thought when I saw the 3.2.     I am used to reading bloodwork reports for Eric over the years.   He averages right around 4.0.   Obviously, I am not a medical profession nor would I ever profess to be one but I am kinda surprised the hospital ER made a big deal about a 3.2 reading.    I have seen Eric just under 3 and they simply tell him to eat some foods high in potassium to bring it back up.   His transplant docs like to see it around 4, they don't like when it creeps up to 5 or higher.   Which tends to happen if he gets tested right after holiday meals with mashed potatoes and gravy that he loves.   

Maybe what happened that day was more related to dehydration, maybe no lunch, BP and being out in the summer heat and humidity.   Hopefully his PCP will figure it out.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 8

8 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I firmly believe Cheri had a hand in this to be sure we both could attend without worries. 

Cheri definitely did!  She also wanted both you and Jack to be there together.❤️

You mentioned that we should call our friends that we haven't spoken to in quite some time.  Today is my dear friends' Birthday, and I always call her on her Birthday every year...unfortunately, that's almost the only time we talk.  The first thing she told me was that she was "old".  I told her I'm always older than her, since we're 8 days apart, and we grew up together living next door to each other.    Anyway, she has had many health issues for years now, and today she told me she now sees a Neurologist, and he put her on a Dementia medicine.  I'm so glad today is her Birthday...

• Like 10

7 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Lisa, Owen and I went out to the Keg the other night. 

IMG_1267.thumb.jpeg.a20d11a08bdaac7a2f0481e5585f5fcd.jpeg

I had the blue cheese wedge, lobster gratinée, and bone in rib steak with garlic mashed potatoes.

IMG_1269.thumb.jpeg.11d9b656701bfbfaccd6b9d4cf45b095.jpeg

IMG_1270.thumb.jpeg.f19427d999d63e98985f65073a766581.jpeg

IMG_1271.thumb.jpeg.6c99ce02a3769757931c1a2197a41402.jpeg

The football team is away for a three day camp. That means I am away for a three day camp. Anything I eat tonight will look nothing like these pictures.

😐

• Haha 7

24 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Our grandson turned 13 yesterdayIMG_6523.thumb.jpeg.0d6e3f1a1415c8f769a6157bec2512d2.jpeg

Happy Birthday!!!

30 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Thanks OB as that is what I thought when I saw the 3.2.     I am used to reading bloodwork reports for Eric over the years.   He averages right around 4.0.   Obviously, I am not a medical profession nor would I ever profess to be one but I am kinda surprised the hospital ER made a big deal about a 3.2 reading.    I have seen Eric just under 3 and they simply tell him to eat some foods high in potassium to bring it back up.   His transplant docs like to see it around 4, they don't like when it creeps up to 5 or higher.   Which tends to happen if he gets tested right after holiday meals with mashed potatoes and gravy that he loves.   

Maybe what happened that day was more related to dehydration, maybe no lunch, BP and being out in the summer heat and humidity.   Hopefully his PCP will figure it out.

This is weird because in both episodes the only thing that was common was that I drank very little water.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1