Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Well it’s always something. Things getting hectic as we are preparing to leave for our cruise next Thursday. Of course something always happens. The other night I woke to a weird feeling in my top front tooth. I thought I might have some food stuck but after inspection my front tooth is chipped. I have no idea how it happened unless I may grind my teeth at night. So I’m seeing another dentist today. As my dentist is out sick. I hope to get it fixed before we leave.

Next Linda’s brother is basically dying. He was a long time heavy smoker and now his lungs and heart are shot. He’s in the hospital now as he’s having trouble breathing. Doctor say he could live till next week or a year from now. Linda has told me that if he starts to go down she wants me to still go on the cruise without her. I told her I feel guilty about that. But she seems totally fine as her brother wants no service and wants to just be cremated. So we will see. We’ve made arrangements if something were to happen while we are gone. Please think positive thoughts for us and your fingers crossed.

Crazy also getting ready for a cruise and also getting ready for knee replacement a week after we get back. This morning I had the Cat Scan on my left knee for the Mako Robotic system. It will map my knee and tell the surgeon where to cut and how much of the bone.

Pretty much almost packed. I know we are a week out from leaving but I like being super organized. I have everything in packing cubes ready to be put in the suitcases.

Getting super excited. Live review starts next Wednesday. 

Cheers,

Sea Dog

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 29

20 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Well it’s always something. Things getting hectic as we are preparing to leave for our cruise next Thursday. Of course something always happens. The other night I woke to a weird feeling in my top front tooth. I thought I might have some food stuck but after inspection my front tooth is chipped. I have no idea how it happened unless I may grind my teeth at night. So I’m seeing another dentist today. As my dentist is out sick. I hope to get it fixed before we leave.

Next Linda’s brother is basically dying. He was a long time heavy smoker and now his lungs and heart are shot. He’s in the hospital now as he’s having trouble breathing. Doctor say he could live till next week or a year from now. Linda has told me that if he starts to go down she wants me to still go on the cruise without her. I told her I feel guilty about that. But she seems totally fine as her brother wants no service and wants to just be cremated. So we will see. We’ve made arrangements if something were to happen while we are gone. Please think positive thoughts for us and your fingers crossed.

Crazy also getting ready for a cruise and also getting ready for knee replacement a week after we get back. This morning I had the Cat Scan on my left knee for the Mako Robotic system. It will map my knee and tell the surgeon where to cut and how much of the bone.

Pretty much almost packed. I know we are a week out from leaving but I like being super organized. I have everything in packing cubes ready to be put in the suitcases.

Cheers,

Sea Dog

Wish you the best Greg. Positive thoughts for all.

Prayers for Linda's brother.
Hugs for Linda.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

@dani negreanu Dani, do you have enough food and water?

I ache for all of Israel.

12 hours ago, helen haywood said:

I can’t post anything lighthearted right now until we hear from Dani.  When @BonTexasNY asked her if she had enough food and water and she “thanked “ her post but has not replied.  The situation in Israel is so horrible…

I never thought I'll read those words...

In ALL the other "episodes" of conflict, we were convinced that we can rely on the army/government to take care of us. Therefore, we didn't "stock" water & food. Not anymore....

Just 2 days ago, when we were notified to do that "you have to stock food and water that will suffice for 72 hours while being enclosed in a shelter...", we filled 2 empty bottles of mineral water with tap water and put some crackers in our shelter. You cannot find mineral water in all the stores, and, if you find, you cannot buy more than a dozen bottles. Same with just a dozen eggs.

So many men were called to active/reserve duty with an emergency note, that drivers [with their trucks] and other service people are thoroughly missing.

Add to that that the settlements most afflicted/wiped out near Gaza strip supplied at lot of agricultural produce, which is now lost, and more than 15% of the milk [many cows died since the terrorists destroyed the automatic feeding machine/or milking machines] and there is nobody left ...

First time also that I went and bought a natural tranquilizer for my soul. It helped.

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE KIND WORDS AND FOR THE MORAL SUPPORT 🌹

3 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Wish you the best Greg. Positive thoughts for all. Prayers for Linda's brother. Hugs for Linda.

+ 1 @Sea Dog Greg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 25

24 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Wish you the best Greg. Positive thoughts for all.

Prayers for Linda's brother.
Hugs for Linda.

17 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

+1 @Sea Dog Greg.  

4 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

In ALL the other "episodes" of conflict, we were convinced that we can rely on the army/government to take care of us. Therefore, we didn't "stock" water & food. Not anymore....

Just 2 days ago, when we were notified to do that "you have to stock food and water that will suffice for 72 hours while being enclosed in a shelter...", we filled 2 empty bottles of mineral water with tap water and put some crackers in our shelter. You cannot find mineral water in all the stores, and, if you find, you cannot buy more than a dozen bottles. Same with just a dozen eggs.

So many men were called to active/reserve duty with an emergency note, that drivers [with their trucks] and other service people are thoroughly missing.

Add to that that the settlements most afflicted/wiped out near Gaza strip supplied at lot of agricultural produce, which is now lost, and more than 15% of the milk [many cows died since the terrorists destroyed the automatic feeding machine/or milking machines] and there is nobody left ...

First time also that I went and bought a natural tranquilizer for my soul. It helped.

+ 1 @Sea Dog Greg

Thank you everyone. It means a lot to me.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Cheers,

Sea Dog

Sorry to hear your last few weeks before vacation are so stressful.  Prayers all things will calm down soon.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

+ 1 @Sea Dog Greg

I don't have the words to express how sad this all makes me.  Prayers for you,,your family and country.  Nothing like this should be happening in the world today, just so heartbreaking. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

@dani negreanu Thank you for updating us.  My heart goes out to you and your family.  I can't imagine what you are going through and am a loss for words as to what to say.  You are in my prayers. 🙏🏻

+1 @dani negreanu Dani.  I am heartbroken, every time I turn on the news, and see the terror that has been unleashed on Israel. My prayers are with you, your family and friends. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

+1 @dani negreanu Dani.  I am heartbroken, every time I turn on the news, and see the terror that has been unleashed on Israel. My prayers are with you, your family and friends. 

+2 @dani negreanu I am thinking and praying for you and your family and country. I cannot watch the news. ❤️ 🙏 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

31 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

@dani negreanu Thank you for updating us.  My heart goes out to you and your family.  I can't imagine what you are going through and am a loss for words as to what to say.  You are in my prayers. 🙏🏻

@dani negreanu Dear Dani, I am also at a loss for words. I am so sorry that this is happening. 😢  I’m continuing to pray for you and your country. ❤️🙏

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

+ 1 @Sea Dog Greg

Dani,  I'm praying for your safety and for all of Israel.  It breaks my heart.  Thanks for letting us know how you're doing.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I can't believe y'all are already needing the furnace. We'll be using A/C here in TX for at least another month or more. 😞

Just last week it was 84 degrees. The AC was running & I actually went to the beach, probably for the last time until next summer, at least here in NY. I meant to post pictures when I got back but then got lazy.

It's 68 degree today but feels cooler, lots of clouds blocking out the sun. Tonight will dip into the low 40's. This weekend will be damp & rainy, with temps maybe reaching into the low 50's. Might need to turn in the heat this weekend, at least for a few hours here and there.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

+ 1 @Sea Dog Greg

🙏

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

+ 1 @Sea Dog Greg

Jack asked his sister the same thing knowing there are going to be shortages.  So far since yesterday, her place is well stocked.  Not sure how long that will last.  

And thank you for popping in and updating us.  I know your mind is elsewhere. 😢

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thank you everyone. It means a lot to me.

Greg, here's hoping things work out for you and Linda in time for your cruise.  So sorry to hear about Linda's brother.

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

I just emailed him.  He is ok.  They have had a few close people die and one is very sick.  His Parkinson’s group seems to be helping him cope.

Marietta, thank you very much!  I'm sorry he's going through such a difficult time.  I hope his family is well.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

I just emailed him.  He is ok.  They have had a few close people die and one is very sick.  His Parkinson’s group seems to be helping him cope.

I am glad to hear that he is OK. Wish him the best from me. I was kind of concerned but kept pushing that thought away and thinking positive.

• Like 5