Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Better Friday was really rough with cramps. Yesterday better and today improved. My (sorry for describing) groin are where my lymph nodes are located are still tender and a little swollen but not painful like they were. 

Sounds like you're recovering.  Each day seems to get better and better. Just in time for your cruise.  Will you be doing a live report?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BonTexasNY said:

Sounds like you're recovering.  Each day seems to get better and better. Just in time for your cruise.  Will you be doing a live report?

Yes I will ! Starts Wednesday Oct. 18th. It’s going to be EPIC! Please join me.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@HBE4

and those who expressed sympathy for our plight --

You have no idea how much your thoughts and prayers are keeping me sane. Thank you, ALL, again, from the bottom of my heart.

Sending you our prayers 🙏 and best wishes Dani for all of your safety.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Stay strong & stay safe. I know that's it easy for me to write as I don't have to endure the endless cycle of unnecessary violence. Unfathomable to me on many levels but as you can see, there are many here concerned about you & your family. Hang in there, you are in our thoughts and prayers.

+1 😔 💔🙏🏼

• Thanks 1

We had a long day.  Final clean out of Eric's Moms house.    Closing/settlement is Tuesday afternoon.  

Last night I stopped over to drop off some boxes and smelled something foul in basement.

Discovered the laundry tub full of black stinky water.   Smelled gross. 

No idea why.  We are wondering what happened since everything was fine prior to having a lateral sewer inspection done a couple days ago, required for every home sale in our area.

Eric scooped out with buckets and drain seemed okay but then again this morning it was filled up.   We called 3 different drain companies, noone called us back, yet.

So Eric emptied out with buckets again and we proceeded to get remainder of tools, yard stuff, etc out of the house.

Eric will go back tomorrow and see if drain ok or filled up again.  Hopefully one of the drain companies call back.   

Never had plumbing issues until now.  Really wondering if this lateral inspection had anything to do with our problem.

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Debbie,Hope you solve the drain issue.  We have been having gas burner problems on and off for three weeks.  None of these technicians seem to know what they are doing!

That's so frustrating.  Please be careful messing around with gas scares me.   Do you have CO / hazardous gas detectors on each floor?

On 10/6/2023 at 3:17 PM, Ocean Boy said:

London can easily take 3 days unless you really want to knock youself out. The London Tower alone took up half a day and I had to leave before I was ready as I had plans to meet up with my brother and other family members.

We did a week in London way back in the early 90s, and I still could have stayed longer.  We did a day trip to Bath and Stonehenge and another to Windsor, but the rest of the time was in London.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 10/6/2023 at 10:18 AM, Momof3gurlz said:

And of course the obligatory foot photo. 

IMG_0072.thumb.jpeg.fcc36f384335c02c17fca3bc2e5f5f1c.jpeg

On 10/6/2023 at 12:19 PM, jagsfan said:

I’m posting the two required photos!

IMG_4591.jpeg

Cracks me up how we all have to post foot pics for @Ocean Boy now, in addition to the mooring line pics for @Sea Dog!!!

Just like most families, we have our own weird little family traditions!  

• Like 4
  • Haha 11

On 10/7/2023 at 9:33 AM, Sea Dog said:

Thank you very much for your help. I’m taking it easy all weekend and sticking to a bland diet. May go back to see my doc on Monday.

If you do go to the doc again, take along a stool sample... they can send it to the lab (or have you drop it off at the lab) to check for various germs/parasites, etc.

• Like 2

On 10/6/2023 at 11:47 PM, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Icelandic horses-  They have short legs and they look like ponies but they are not ponies.  They are horses.  Icelandic horses are bred in Iceland and they can be exported but once they leave, they cannot return.  No other breeds are allowed in Iceland.  We got to see these up close.

IMG_1216.thumb.jpeg.421a3d9b37e7fa0af0009c92cf44ed4f.jpeg

I hope the one on the left is named Checkers, because its coloring looks like a checkerboard!!! 

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Cracks me up how we all have to post foot pics for @Ocean Boy now, in addition to the mooring line pics for @Sea Dog!!!

Just like most families, we have our own weird little family traditions!  

LOL. @Ocean Boy is the needier one, he wants to see lighthouse pics also. But not pictures of lighthouse cookies! 😉😇

Barcelona port light house for you OB.

IMG_0095.thumb.jpeg.bc0cf935bf20dd10f974531105d419dd.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

We’re sitting at the Barcelona airport waiting for our flight.  I just had a 10 am croissant and this to calm my pre-flight jitters. 
IMG_0145.thumb.jpeg.99a04218ab10aabf0ca222f449d1eaae.jpeg

We loved our Sagrada Familia tour yesterday. It was about an hour and 20 minutes with a good guide, then we could stay until closing if we chose to.  I think it was @bobmacliberty who mentioned going in the late afternoon when the sun starts to set.  This was an excellent piece of advice.  Sagrada is amazing on its own, but the late afternoon sun through the stained glass created beautiful reflections. 
IMG_0129.thumb.jpeg.8cc86f875868656556e88aa01663771b.jpeg

IMG_0131.thumb.jpeg.8364a302a1e085b90edd98174ffb4522.jpeg

IMG_0133.thumb.jpeg.d838608f8b1a75a967f4f1adc6121065.jpeg

IMG_0898.thumb.jpeg.b2088e50c36894587fa7210c107f1329.jpeg

Next stop Chicago, then on to Philly. We’ll spend the night at our daughters and drive home tomorrow. 

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, brillohead said:

If you do go to the doc again, take along a stool sample... they can send it to the lab (or have you drop it off at the lab) to check for various germs/parasites, etc.

Not sure I want to ask but I will.  How does an Adult pack up a stool sample?

I have taken cat stools to the vet and usually scoop from litter box and place in a zip lock bag then double bag it.

Hello everyone. 

When I retired a few years  ago some of my friends said I would be bored.  
I am glad that is not the case. 

Once again I am so far behind on the threads. 
Although I have skimmed the threads and did a random post , I feel so out of the loop

But. 

First off. Prayers to all involved in the plight of Israel. So scary. 

Second. Congratulations to all who are/have celebrated special occasions. 

And. 

To those on need of my prayers. You got them. 

All my love. 

Sue

Be safe. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

A cold, wet weekend for us.  Saturday, we went to our grandson’s football game.  They are now 1-1 on the season, with this as their first win.  

After the game, we traveled to Applefest.  Surprised that this little town of about 8,000 packs in about 100,000 for their 3 day festival.  We missed the rain while there. 

IMG_9135.thumb.jpeg.59d38e389e9c925dbaae79615e273a47.jpeg

IMG_9136.thumb.jpeg.a98516905a2d6b058f9e257b49414a75.jpeg

The have a couple of parks that were filled with craft vendors and festival food. 

IMG_9134.thumb.jpeg.5ebc6a3c205e4ea59f8e570350e9e3a6.jpeg

This is a place that attracted me.  They were giving out free samples of vodka, rum, whisky, bourbon, etc.  

IMG_9133.thumb.jpeg.a5e4d454f09f8b762aed631b42a6f6d2.jpeg

More rain when we returned home, but we were rewarded on our walk with a nice rainbow 

3AF7F922-866A-4339-90DE-B8A4669E88E7.thumb.jpeg.a1ef01b95cad1afa91811a2279901fb1.jpeg

• Like 28