Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

35 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I heard on the news this morning that Donald Sutherland is gone. He was in some great movies. Quite the career he had.

I saw that, and I forgot that he was Kiefer Sutherland’s dad.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

R.I.P. Donald Sutherland.He was one of my all time favorite actors.

38 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I heard on the news this morning that Donald Sutherland is gone. He was in some great movies. Quite the career he had.

He was in so many good movies.  For some reason, this line from Animal House always stuck in my head:

YARN | Listen, I'm not joking. This is my job. | Animal ...

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

My childhood roller coaster was named The Comet and was at Crystal Beach amusement park in Ontario.  Built in the 40s.  It was across the border from us in Canada, back when you could drive back and forth with no passport.  We'd go there a couple of times a year, so it was always a big deal when we went.  The Comet had a great first drop and a lot of airtime.  The park closed for good in the 80s or 90s but I heard that the coaster was taken down and rebuilt elsewhere, and is still in use.  

Edit: Still running at the Great Escape & Splashwater Kingdom in Lake George, NY.

Roller Coaster Landmark - Comet (The) - American Coaster Enthusiasts (ACE) (aceonline.org)

Edited by bobmacliberty
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

He was in so many good movies.  For some reason, this line from Animal House always stuck in my head:

I was trying to think about what would be my favorite movie that he was in. However, there were many that were so good that I can't choose. One that I always enjoy watching again is Kelly's Heroes. So many big name actors in such an enjoyable movie!

He was such a versatile actor that he could pull off a comedic role and then go in completely the other direction as in Ordinary People with Mary Tyler Moore. I am far from being a Hollywood star worshiper but he has certainly left his mark on the world. 

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I was trying to think about what would be my favorite movie that he was in. However, there were many that were so good that I can't choose. One that I always enjoy watching again is Kelly's Heroes. So many big name actors in such an enjoyable movie!

Kelly's Heroes is a great movie.  I haven't seen it in years...time to go see if it's on a streaming service somewhere.  I agree that it's hard to pick a single actor from that movie.  I liked Don Rickles' character, and of course Clint.  I also like the Dirty Dozen and Mash.  I guess he did a bunch of war movies back in the day, just not your traditional war movies. 😀

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Kelly's Heroes is a great movie.  I haven't seen it in years...time to go see if it's on a streaming service somewhere.  I agree that it's hard to pick a single actor from that movie.  I liked Don Rickles' character, and of course Clint.  I also like the Dirty Dozen and Mash.  I guess he did a bunch of war movies back in the day, just not your traditional war movies. 😀

Carrol O'Conner's character was very funny too. Even the theme song from Kelly's Heroes is awesome.... burning bridges lost for ever more....

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

For my Birthday breakfast we went to Mustache Bill's Diner.  I had a delicious Trenton pork roll omelet with tomatoes, onions and cheese then a nice stroll around good Old Barney.

20240621_083103.thumb.jpg.4509132c2b673d04fde1094baafc78c2.jpg

20240621_083541.thumb.jpg.f8d988e3e4cca86dfaed0aec2a2f3fcc.jpg

20240621_083457.thumb.jpg.002c087306ba2f100899687c23476944.jpg

Happy birthday. Love the pictures! Was it open to climb?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Animal house is one of my all time favorite movies , he was also very recently seen in the western Bass Reeves which is a very good miniseries. 

• Like 4

On 6/20/2024 at 8:52 AM, cruiselvr04 said:

I don’t like roller coasters anymore but DH will still do them.  Our 45th is Sunday and we’re going back to Branson to celebrate.  It has completely changed since our honeymoon there.  We usually take some grands with us but this time we’ll be on our own.  It’s supposed to be in the high 90’s so I’m pretty sure we’ll find a wet ride to cool down on. There’s also a cave that might sound good for an afternoon. 

Are you going to Silver Dollar City?  The Marvel Cave at SDC is nice!  We have been to SDC several times.  We would walk pass the cave entrance without really noticing it.   The last time there we went on the Cave tour. Nice! You will be amazed. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

Donald Sutherland could play so many different characters so well…. I loved Don’t Look Now and The Great Train Robbery.  The scene in The Eye of the Needle where he has an immediate relationship with Lucy…his delivery was so believable I understood her succumbing.

I had read the novel Eye of the Needle and great movie version , Ken Follett is one of my favorite authors. I have an autographed copy of Wing of Eagles , that was also signed by Ross Perot and all the people who helped rescue his staff from Iran. 

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Are you going to Silver Dollar City?  The Marvel Cave at SDC is nice!  We have been to SDC several times.  We would walk pass the cave entrance without really noticing it.   The last time there we went on the Cave tour. Nice! You will be amazed. 

Marvel Cave is amazing!

• Like 1

I was just checking my DVR to see what we were recording tonight and saw that The Traitors US season 2 is on tomorrow on Bravo.  They are doing an all day marathon of the complete season.  If there is anyone who missed it like I did because they were too cheap to subscribe to another streaming service to watch it, set your DVR to grab the whole season.  This season streamed starting January 2024 and has a lot of reality TV regulars, like Johnny Bananas, CT, Dan Gheesling, and Max Chmerkovsky to name a few.

• Like 4