Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Dinner tonight.

Three meat lasagna tonight with sausage, bacon, ground meat with ricotta, mozzarella and fontina cheese.  

76383CFB-B70D-48FC-876D-8922A7891B58.thumb.jpeg.229ac04d4696a6ce3ce3a3373196da28.jpeg

Homemade bread, turned into garlic bread with real garlic. Caesar salad with scratch made dressing and homemade bacon bits. 

C8DD0A25-D195-41DF-8B81-FDE2B4E403D2.thumb.jpeg.2ad01d657643de919857e5fadda1ce99.jpeg

Just about to have dessert, lemon meringue pie. 

DFE66B91-0611-4B48-8AA4-6D357893E648.thumb.jpeg.f34e149a66169e80589259be7e456d8f.jpeg

Looks amazing!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Really sorry to hear about your friend and her husband. I’m guessing neither one had the shot. Hopefully more people would have been able to get it by now. Wasn’t PA short on doses?

She tested positive 2 days before her scheduled appt for 1st dose end of february.   The following week she went to hospital for 5 days where they gave her remedsivir.  By then her husband tested positive. But wasnt sick.

She was home for a week or so and got progressively worse then back to the hospital for about month.   Meanwhile husband got worse and he went to hospital about 2 weeks ago.

She got covid from another neighbor as they used to go for evening walks and sometimes watch movies together and felt safe with no masks on when together.  That neighbor was asymptomatic.

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Dinner tonight.

Three meat lasagna tonight with sausage, bacon, ground meat with ricotta, mozzarella and fontina cheese.  

76383CFB-B70D-48FC-876D-8922A7891B58.thumb.jpeg.229ac04d4696a6ce3ce3a3373196da28.jpeg

Homemade bread, turned into garlic bread with real garlic. Caesar salad with scratch made dressing and homemade bacon bits. 

C8DD0A25-D195-41DF-8B81-FDE2B4E403D2.thumb.jpeg.2ad01d657643de919857e5fadda1ce99.jpeg

DFE66B91-0611-4B48-8AA4-6D357893E648.thumb.jpeg.f34e149a66169e80589259be7e456d8f.jpeg

Eric would love everything pictured here.  Shame he cannot get leftovers tomorrow.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Really sorry to hear about your friend and her husband. I’m guessing neither one had the shot. Hopefully more people would have been able to get it by now. Wasn’t PA short on doses?

PA did have a slow start with doses but that all picked up in march and last I heard we are now 9th or 10th in the country with vaccinated residents.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

She tested positive 2 days before her scheduled appt for 1st dose end of february.   The following week she went to hospital for 5 days where they gave her remedsivir.  By then her husband tested positive. But wasnt sick.

She was home for a week or so and got progressively worse then back to the hospital for about month.   Meanwhile husband got worse and he went to hospital about 2 weeks ago.

She got covid from another neighbor as they used to go for evening walks and sometimes watch movies together and felt safe with no masks on when together.  That neighbor was asymptomatic.

So sad. Wished she could’ve at least had her first shot. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

So sad. Wished she could’ve at least had her first shot. 

Her family was making funeral arrangements today for this coming Wednesday.   The hospital is going to allow her husband to attend.  They are arranging special transport for him.  Probably all be in space suits since he has covid with double pneumonia.  He apparently told the dr there was no way he was missing his wife's funeral nor would he do a zoom funeral.

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Good luck. Lovely house and beautiful area.

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Very beautiful house, just now managed to see it on my Iphone. And I really like those "fall" colors behind your home.

Thanks for the kind words. When my wife and I saw that picture of the house we both fell in love with it right away.

House comes with lots of deer too.

Love the area in Southwest Virginia.

Moved in, in Mid January, were greeted with some snow.

Cats(Cody & Lucy) love the house too.

20210324_193158.jpg

20210415_111031.jpg

20210415_151533.jpg

20210128_085411.jpg

20210424_140250.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 11

6 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Thanks for the kind words. When my wife and I saw that picture of the house we both fell in love with it right away.

Cats love the house too.

20210324_193158.jpg

20210415_111031.jpg

20210415_151533.jpg

20210128_085411.jpg

20210424_140250.jpg

Beautiful house and adorable kitties.  Go Eagles🤩

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Her family was making funeral arrangements today for this coming Wednesday.   The hospital is going to allow her husband to attend.  They are arranging special transport for him.  Probably all be in space suits since he has covid with double pneumonia.  He apparently told the dr there was no way he was missing his wife's funeral nor would he do a zoom funeral.

Happy he will be able to be there. Getting outside would probably do him some good even though it’s under terrible circumstances.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

PA did have a slow start with doses but that all picked up in march and last I heard we are now 9th or 10th in the country with vaccinated residents.

Glad they were able to pick things up. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Dinner tonight.

Looks so yummy.

Too bad the border is closed, we could of made it in time for dinner, just saying.

We could of brought the beverages.

Enjoy

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

20210324_193158.jpg

20210415_111031.jpg

20210415_151533.jpg

20210128_085411.jpg

20210424_140250.jpg

Beautiful area and cute kitties. 🐈🐈

• Like 1

We  just spent the last 2 1/2 hours watching the women's National Volleyball tournament.

Pre- COVID (2019) we had 5th row seats up ---- the net, middle court  in Pittsburgh and enjoyed every minute.

This year Kentucky University won!!!!!!!!!

Future SIL is a football strength and conditioning coach down there at Eastern Kentucky, just south of the Kentucky University campus.

Although not the same school, I guess Kentucky is Kentucky. 

Next year the tournament is at one of the arenas in Columbus Ohio, December 16-18.

We have our room and on list to be contacted to purchase tickets depending on COVID guidelines at that time.

Love volleyball as a spectator.  Our daughter played from 4th grade on and in college 4 years of club.

We watched her develop over 12 years.

When I graduated High School the only sports for girls was Tennis.

The only other activities for girls was cheer-leading, dance line and spirit club.

Um yup, not to brag, but

I Played position number one on our high school team and earned a varsity letter.

Yup, never won a match, begged to be downed to spot 2 or 3, but never happened.

Boy did I learn a lot.

At least I got a letter.

Good night

• Like 3

On 4/15/2021 at 8:30 PM, singinalot said:

What a day! It is currently snowing heavily and expected to continue through the night.

We’re scheduled to close on the FL house next Friday and I got a call from our finance guy this morning saying that the title agent has been hard to communicate with and not providing everything he needs. I won’t bore you with everything but it is now 9:30 FL time and we finally just got a text that the documents were sent over. Fingers crossed they can get everything processed tomorrow so we’re cleared to close and the documents can be sent to us. It was a very frustrating day. I am so ready to be done. But then even when the sale is closed we still have to deal with the property mgmt set up. LoL. 

Did you close? I see you too were closing in slow motion. I finally got closed but now doing the set up stuff. Took over a week for the condo mgmt office to receive my name as a owner. Then I had to be issued a number, now they are printing out a booklet to snail mail to show me how to set up hoa recurring payment. 

I'm told small towns dont operate at the same speed as big towns, it's me not them lol. The guy who was supposed to start Wednesday working showed up today and who knows when the ac guy will get there. It is a slower speed than dallas. Im not going down until they are close to finishing, rather than sit in a hotel. 

Good luck. Hope you got closed ok. Been watching for your post and congratulations are in order.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Some more, just for you, Pat, if it could improve your mood 🥰

DSC_1169.JPG

DSC_1172.JPG

DSC_1176.JPG

DSC_1180.JPG

DSC_1183.JPG

DSC_1189.JPG

After reading here on CC the tip about getting "real chairs", we booked very early, and they promised the best table for us. It was great. Here I'm with my 1st cousin, who lives in Germany. She and her DH gifted us this cruise, knowing they'll get a perfectly organized trip and my DH as their driver to boot....😉

DSC_1094.JPG

Nice!!  Thanks for the additional pictures.  And yup, I booked early the last time we were there as well, and enjoyed the "real chairs".   Would cramp up on those pillows!  😮 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jimbo said:

20210324_193158.jpg

20210415_111031.jpg

20210415_151533.jpg

20210128_085411.jpg

20210424_140250.jpg

Love the view!!   Adorable cats!  

21 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Bob, what restaurant was this?

It's called The Sandbar, located at Main Beach.  It's the only bar/restaurant on Amelia Island that is literally right on the beach by the ocean (I think).  Almost all of the island has protected dunes between the beach itself and buildings.  Good band playing while we were there.  Interesting feature in the men's room.

IMG_6941.thumb.jpg.afa3ce87f66856baef6cc0c49bc8cf5b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The one and only time Bucky makes "his" meal and gets to take over my kitchen, is when he makes his fantastic homemade Spaghetti sauce (forgot to take picture).  He buys the ingredients and simmers the sauce all day, constantly checking on it and stirring it.  Once he turns it off to use later, I take over and match it with my homemade garlic bread.  

Always enough for several leftovers.  🙂 

20210423_165923.jpg

• Like 7