Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 minute ago, dani negreanu said:

It's a great honor, and I'm sure he's very talented to get this Jordan [and Moscow] accreditation. Jordan, Egypt, Moscow are deemed "hard to serve" places, and, because of this, only the best get those jobs.

DS2 wanted to see the world after finishing his army service, and enrolled in a special course for "special agents" -- short for those who keep the VIPs safe. When he finished his training, he was given the choice between Jordan and Egypt, with the promise that after this "hard country", he will receive a "plum assignment".

He served 7 months in Cairo [I'm so sorry that we didn't grab the opportunity to visit Egypt while he was there] and then he had the choice between Brussels and Paris.

He took Brussels, because he was born there while we relocated there, and this time -- we visited him and went with him "down the memory lane".

My sister in law's son in law wasn't the Israeli Consulate in the 3 countries I listed,  but I forget what posts he served.  I remember him saying Beijing was a plum post, not sure why.  I think at one time he was in charge of all IT Israel Diplomatic Depts in Asia but not sure.

Most Israelis want to see the world after finishing their army service and for good reason.  If my husband felt differently, he would not have traveled to NY after his service ended and we would never have met.

Must have been special going down memory lane in the place where he was born.

• Like 1

Just now, reallyitsmema said:

I am considering wearing a mask because of other germs, not so much covid.  I have a pre-existing condition and typically get bronchitis or pneumonia at least once a year, ending up on steroids, etc.  Masks and isolating has kept me healthy.  I am over isolating!  I might keep the mask for certain situations. 🙂 

We wear it to the supermarket, I am sure there are plenty of non-vaccinated people ditching them.

going to Atlantic City tomorrow so will see what is going on there, pretty sure still need masks.  Capacity is being increased, although we think they have been overly crowded all along!

Just spoke to our TA regarding September Oasis cruise, he seems to think some ship will be sailing🥴

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Congrats!

Funny how one remembers those dates.  I’m right  behind you, my last was Dec. 22, 2012 early morning before we headed out on our 24 hour drive to board the Monarch in PC for a B3B over Christmas and New Years. Like  you it was cold turkey, no drugs and a lot of will power.

^5 to you too!

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

It's a great honor, and I'm sure he's very talented to get this Jordan [and Moscow] accreditation. Jordan, Egypt, Moscow are deemed "hard to serve" places, and, because of this, only the best get those jobs.

DS2 wanted to see the world after finishing his army service, and enrolled in a special course for "special agents" -- short for those who keep the VIPs safe. When he finished his training, he was given the choice between Jordan and Egypt, with the promise that after this "hard country", he will receive a "plum assignment".

He served 7 months in Cairo [I'm so sorry that we didn't grab the opportunity to visit Egypt while he was there] and then he had the choice between Brussels and Paris.

He took Brussels, because he was born there while we relocated there, and this time -- we visited him and went with him "down the memory lane".

Breaking news in the UK Dani.

A ceasefire has been agreed to take place in 3 hours.

Hopefully it eases your worries and lets you get back to a normal life.

Very best wishes.

Graham.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

Today is a very special tenth anniversary for me. On May 20, 2011 I smoked for the last time at exactly noon. Quit cold turkey. No drugs. Just will power. Never looked back. Never touched a cigarette since then. 
Never been happier. Life is good. 

27B4A6EB-1CB3-4D71-AE77-3AAFE8EE1077.jpeg

Congratulations.I quit the hard way.I had a very bad case of pneumonia in 1980 and decided to quit then.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

We wear it to the supermarket, I am sure there are plenty of non-vaccinated people ditching them.

going to Atlantic City tomorrow so will see what is going on there, pretty sure still need masks.  Capacity is being increased, although we think they have been overly crowded all along!

Just spoke to our TA regarding September Oasis cruise, he seems to think some ship will be sailing🥴

Someone posted a thread saying Cape Liberty is opening in August I think they said.  If that happens, we will likely be booking something for the fall.  What week are you guys sailing?  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I think I've posted Mark Rober's YouTube squirrel obstacle course here before.  Yesterday, he posted the 2.0 version...a new and improved course.  Very funny watch.  Spoiler...the squirrels still win.  

This was hilarious!!  The guy definitely is creative and clever.  Hope he channels it into something useful.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Breaking news in the UK Dani.

A ceasefire has been agreed to take place in 3 hours.

Hopefully it eases your worries and lets you get back to a normal life.

Very best wishes.

Graham.

Thanks, Graham and Pauline.

It is due to start at 2AM, our local time (I assume midnight in UK).

Sadly, based on previous experiences, this is the "money time" for Hamas, trying to "squeeze" as much as possible missiles for the remaining hours. And, then, they have some rebellious fractions, which could continue to fire, claiming they were not "in" agreement.

So, if we'll have, starting 2AM, 24 hours without fire, it will be safer and may be it will keep.... until next time. As I feared, nothing was gained from this "round" -- just death and destruction 😢

• Like 6

Today is a very special tenth anniversary for me. On May 20, 2011 I smoked for the last time at exactly noon. Quit cold turkey. No drugs. Just will power. Never looked back. Never touched a cigarette since then. 

27B4A6EB-1CB3-4D71-AE77-3AAFE8EE1077.jpeg

Well done you have been amazing.

Stopping smoking is the best thing you can do for better health.

Will power and writing down all the negatives of smoking was how after 6 years of smoking I stopped when I was 21 years old and I have never ever wanted to smoke again and it is now 43 years since I last smoked.

Graham.

• Like 5

Very proud of you. Both my mom and dad were chain smokers so it turned me off at a young age and I have never smoked. My parents later in life decided to quit and did it cold turkey too. I think that is the way to go.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks, Graham and Pauline.

It is due to start at 2AM, our local time (I assume midnight in UK).

Sadly, based on previous experiences, this is the "money time" for Hamas, trying to "squeeze" as much as possible missiles for the remaining hours. And, then, they have some rebellious fractions, which could continue to fire, claiming they were not "in" agreement.

So, if we'll have, starting 2AM, 24 hours without fire, it will be safer and may be it will keep.... until next time. As I feared, nothing was gained from this "round" -- just death and destruction 😢

Fingers crossed Dani that the ceasefire holds.

Indeed nothing seems to have been gained and sadly property and lives have been destroyed.

I'm delighted that you and your family are safe Dani.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Looks deceptively peaceful there with those pictures.  Hope it stays looking like that!  Stay safe, we are all worried about you and your family.  

32 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

+1

It is, isn't it? People have no choice but to go to work...

DS2 is a lawyer, he has to meet clients in Tel Aviv. DIL is a social worker with the Municipality of Modi'in. Huge caseload for her, Covid and the "situation" combined. They are lucky both sets of grandparents are retired and can help.

The kindergartens/schools are closed again, as if Covid was not enough, the hotels/rooms for rent suffered another set back, since people cancelled.

A 4 days week-end holiday was lost. Not the mention the huge cost of this "futile exercise" -- one Iron Dome costs 40.000$, and the statistics for 3 days ago is that 1200 of those were launched.

Imagine what could have been done with those funds in terms of, let's say meds for cancer....

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Hopefully, September 5th.  We picked that date after we had two May Oasis cancelled.  Never thought it would be a problem so far out🤪 would love to see you.

We will keep that date in mind, would be good to see you guys again too.  My Mom wants to sail too but is trying to get me on NCL as she has two next cruise things that are expiring.  We usually sail in early November for DHs birthday, so might end up booking that with our FCCs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ownedbypets said:

Congratulations to everyone that has been able to stop smoking! Both of my parents smoked and I guess that's why neither my brother or I ever started. We watched them try to quit many times without success. Both died of lung cancer.

👎  👎

I remember when hubby's BIL was diagnosed with cancer in 1971, I was a student and working part time at the Faculty of Medicine. I knew, then, all the cancer experts and went to ask "how could this happen to such a young guy??".

Their answer: "the only direct link we have is between smoking and lung cancer".

NOW I know there are also lung cancers which are not related to smoking.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

We will keep that date in mind, would be good to see you guys again too.  My Mom wants to sail too but is trying to get me on NCL as she has two next cruise things that are expiring.  We usually sail in early November for DHs birthday, so might end up booking that with our FCCs.

Let me know if you book anything, we are flexible!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

Congratulations to everyone that has been able to stop smoking! Both of my parents smoked and I guess that's why neither my brother or I ever started. We watched them try to quit many times without success. Both died of lung cancer.

Sorry to hear this.

I had 2 uncles who were chain smokers and died in their mid 50s.

My mam never smoked but died of metastatic cancer aged 81

My dad smoked from age 10 and he lived till 85.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Sorry to hear this.

I had 2 uncles who were chain smokers and died in their mid 50s.

My mam never smoked but died of metastatic cancer aged 81

My dad smoked from age 10 and he lived till 85.

My mother also never smoked and died of lung cancer at age 72.My father smoked cigars,never cigarettes and lived till 85.He never smoked anywhere near my mother.

A good friend of mine who never smoked died of lung cancer also at 72 but his wife was a chain smoker.

• Like 1