Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

Do ya'll dive?  We had a dive vacation in Bonaire some years ago....the Scientology ship was docked there and we watched all of their passengers when we were at the local Espresso shop downtown, as they all swam every morning, talk about control!  They all filed out of the ship, dove into the harbor, swam across it and back in the ship.  Sorry, no offense meant if there are any on here.

Bonaire is really the best diving in the Carib IMHO, you walk off the beach and dive any location you want all around the island. I love the tarpon there who like to swim with the divers.

Alas, no more diving for this cougar😏

We were there in September 1996, and the Scientologist ship was there then too.  I never saw them in town.  

Agree great easy diving.  Lovely place, very low key compared to Aruba and Curaçao.  I still dive occasionally last time in 2019 on Heron Island on the GBR.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

The news this morning didn't look like things are improving at all in Israel. I hope you and your family are holding up.

Thanks, trying to hold up...

Tomorrow early morning we have no choice but to travel to DS2 to look after the grandkids. The in laws had done their best and baby sat until today, but they have a funeral tomorrow, and their home to tend to.

I'll wear some old things, in case there will be an alarm while we'll be stuck in the rush hour and have to abandon our car and lay down on the asphalt...

Based on past experience, I was sure that this "futile exercise" will be over in a matter of days.

Usually, there is also pressure from "above" and it works. Not this time. Mr Biden rightly asked today for a cease fire, but the PM, who stands trial under 3 (as in three) counts, including corruption, categorically refused.

I'm seething. I have 0 (as in zero) faith in his interim government, and I'm sure his interests lay in keeping his a$$ in place, instead of the country's well being. Lots of his supporters don't serve in the army, but they are the most militant ones. Sure, why not, they don't "pay the price"....

On the bright side -- I've baked the long lost cheese cake which was intended for the holiday last week, and hopefully will have a picture after it spends the night in the fridge 😁

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

I was going to wait until age 55...Bucky retired at 58.  He was retired for a year, then finally told me he didn't have anyone to play with( I never had any time off)...so he told me to quit at 54.   I was going through a lot of stress with my job anyway, and he was home enough then to actually see it.  

Boss and team even threw me a retirement party.  🙂 

When I decided to retire I told every one, no retirement party. That said I had no say in the matter and had one. I guess they wanted to make sure I was actually retiring. I believe my retirement party was called, "Good riddance, he's finally leaving".🍻😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, davekathy said:

When I decided to retire I told every one, no retirement party. That said I had no say in the matter and had one. I guess they wanted to make sure I was actually retiring. I believe my retirement party was called, "Good riddance, he's finally leaving".🍻😀

Similiar to my 75th.birthday party.I said no gifts please and everyone who came brought gifts.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Definitely NSFW😉

Google at your own discretion

Screenshot_20210519-130732_Chrome.thumb.jpg.21886ea927904841b66f36cbfe95754b.jpg

👀

Wowzers!

Sure glad I didn't Google that on my work computer!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

First night inside a restaurant this year because of Lockdown.

We took our Sarah to our favourite Italian restaurant.

IMG_20210519_191455.jpg

IMG_20210519_185313.jpg

Great photos Graham.  Looks like a lovely restaurant too.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, davekathy said:

LOL!  Mine was a surprise party.  Two days before my last day (I gave them a month's notice)...one of my best customers called me in the morning (who ran a large restaurant)...and was hopping mad.  He said he needed me at his place within the hour... or else!  Geezz!!  I had never seen him mad at me. 😳 

When I got there, my boss was already with him, and he told me I was in trouble.  They lead me into the one of the banquet rooms...and there was the whole district sales team (12 of us).   They had a cake, huge bouquet of roses, gifts, decorations.   Of course hugs all around, and lots of happy tears later...I was no longer "in trouble".  😉 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks, trying to hold up...

I'll wear some old things, in case there will be an alarm while we'll be stuck in the rush hour and have to abandon our car and lay down on the asphalt...

I cannot imagine this as being a thought !!!

Mary

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Love this pic of you two!

26 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Love this pic of you two!

33 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

Great photos Graham.  Looks like a lovely restaurant too.

Great pictures,nice tee shirt😀

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, StanleyandGus said:

What a strong resemblance between Pauline and your Sarah! Lovely pictures!

It is amazing.  Although one of my nieces could pass for my daughter.  It is amazing how some family members look alike.  My husband looked more like his uncle than his dad!

• Like 2

Starting to get hot around here. 28C today. No rain in over a week, almost two, and things are starting to dry out. 

Mom was complaining that the new downspout pipe was bright and two different colours. 

1461E49D-EA87-43FB-9FAB-E4FEB5285362.thumb.jpeg.491864ed2503127f1dc5cead11ec0b2c.jpeg

After a quick YouTube tutorial I got some sand paper, acetone and some grout coloured paint. 3 coats later job complete. 

0B0AE3D2-B5E2-4690-9DBE-37A6B7146ED7.thumb.jpeg.6185e2d0d3e1982688b890e918d7ba78.jpeg

She’s happy now. I’m sure I’ll hear about the dirt next. 😉

632D966F-93DC-4342-A451-9115800734E6.thumb.jpeg.61725585404e25f5eb7b0caac186d515.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1