Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

28 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We live in the neighborhood right behind HT...less than a 2 minute drive. 😄  Definitely give Cucina South another try.  It's consistently rated as one of the best restaurants on the island.  You must have had an off night.  One other reco, if you like craft beer.  Find the First Love Brewery.  It's in a little strip of stores just off 8th street near the downtown area.  Good beer and good pizza.  Doesn't get as much exposure as the Amelia Tavern or Mocama Beer Co. but we like it better.  It's a smaller, I think more friendly atmosphere.  It's become our go to place for pizza and beer (wine for Micheline).

How is the Mayport Ferry?  Didn't even know there was one.  When/if our July cruise gets cancelled we may go up to St Augustine and then take the ferry over and stay in Fernandina Beach

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Really disappointed, just got notified sailings on Vision out of Bermuda are cancelled for this summer due to anticipated sailingsvout of US to restart this summer.

We booked a b2b with beautiful wrap around balcony too.

Waiting to see what we can shift to next.  Ugghh! 

Good news is sounds like they should be sailing sometime soon out of the US.

We really love bermuda and hopefully we can 

Well that stinks.  Like they couldn’t just leave those sailings alone & start with other ships from the US? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Really disappointed, just got notified sailings on Vision out of Bermuda are cancelled for this summer due to anticipated sailingsvout of US to restart this summer.

We booked a b2b with beautiful wrap around balcony too.

Waiting to see what we can shift to next.  Ugghh! 

Good news is sounds like they should be sailing sometime soon out of the US.

We really love bermuda and hopefully we can 

WHAT!!!!!!😪

Go anyways and stay in Bermuda?

1 hour ago, ATG said:

Yesterday felt like a milestone.  We shopped at Publix without a mask!  We’ve been fully vaccinated for a couple of months, but have been following the rules and wearing our masks.  But, Publix changed their policy and we were very happy to not use them.  I was surprised that about 70 to 80% of the customers still had them on.  I wonder if they weren’t aware of the change.

I opted to walk in for the hand full of things I wanted as well, without the mask.  Have been fully vaxed since February.  What surprised me the most were that half the employees, and even stocking vendors were not wearing masks, but most of the customers were.  Granted when I went today, most of the customers were seniors...probably just wanting to make sure.   Even the pharmacy employees were maskless.  

Still felt odd.  

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

How is the Mayport Ferry?  Didn't even know there was one.  When/if our July cruise gets cancelled we may go up to St Augustine and then take the ferry over and stay in Fernandina Beach

We love taking the little car Ferry there! 🙂   Did that on the way up and back a few months ago during our "road trip" doing some B&Bs along the coast.  Our furthest north B&B was in Fernandina Beach.  

There is a great restaurant for lunch on the north side, which is on the right (on the water) as you turn to head north.  Can see the ferry run back and forth from the large open deck outside.  Great fish sandwiches!  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, island lady said:

I opted to walk in for the hand full of things I wanted as well, without the mask.  Have been fully vaxed since February.  What surprised me the most were that half the employees, and even stocking vendors were not wearing masks, but most of the customers were.  Granted when I went today, most of the customers were seniors...probably just wanting to make sure.   Even the pharmacy employees were maskless.  

Still felt odd.  

It did feel odd, but good.  I would guess half the employees had masks on. In fact, I was beginning to wonder if I had read the website wrong but the employee stocking the produce was maskless.  The pharmacy employees didn’t have masks on, but they have a plexiglass shield.  It was Wednesday, so senior 5% off day.  It seemed the younger customers didn’t wear masks, but the other seniors did.  I’ll be curious to see the change next week.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ATG said:

It did feel odd, but good.  I would guess half the employees had masks on. In fact, I was beginning to wonder if I had read the website wrong but the employee stocking the produce was maskless.  The pharmacy employees didn’t have masks on, but they have a plexiglass shield.  It was Wednesday, so senior 5% off day.  It seemed the younger customers didn’t wear masks, but the other seniors did.  I’ll be curious to see the change next week.

It was nice not having my glasses fog up!  😉  

Is eyeglass fogging from face masks driving you crazy? Consider LASIK

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ATG said:

I was at Walmart yesterday. I estimate mask or maskless was around 50/50

• Like 2

1 minute ago, island lady said:

I still carry mine in my pocket...out of habit.  Will take awhile to get used to going without one.  

One of the grocery store chains here, Stop & Shop, has not changed their mask policy yet. Neither my money or I will be in there until they do.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

WHAT!!!!!!😪

Go anyways and stay in Bermuda?

Yes, we have stayed there several times over the years and always love it.    We just might have to stay there.    Going to wait till next week Royal is suppose to make their announcement and see if there is another option to sail to bermuda.   If not, then I will check out options to stay there.     

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

One of the grocery store chains here, Stop & Shop, has not changed their mask policy yet. Neither my money or I will be in there until they do.

Last night I stopped at local Weis Market and No mask required.   It was the first store I have been to that did not require masks.    I felt like dancing down the isle 🤸‍♀️

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

As far as I know, Aldi is not changing yet.  They were actually the most strict on the masking policy, much more so than Publix and Walmart in the past.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

As far as I know, Aldi is not changing yet.  They were actually the most strict on the masking policy, much more so than Publix and Walmart in the past.  

Then I won't be in there either.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Wicked waves and choppy surf this morning. May have had a drowning yesterday in Cape Canaveral. I can barely stand on the balcony to take this picture. Using a Fire 10

Ewwwwwwwwww that looks mighty fine and tempting!  Can't wait till we get to walk on the beach again!