Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

13 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

A couple years ago we got upgraded to first class, it is very tough to go back to economy or pre economy afterwards.  We try to fly FC whenever the pricing is reasonable.   We also have had amex cards for several years, enjoy alot of their perks.  Or will enjoy when we get traveling again this summer.

About 15 years ago we were flying to Europe for a family vacation and since we were at the airport a few hours early I went to the ticket counter and asked about upgrading our seats. $300 each from economy to first class. I handed over my credit card so fast and never told anyone. My family was so confused and tried to stop me when I got up to board with the the first class passengers. My husband told me he didn't want to be arrested for trying to board before it was our turn. It was a great surprise but it's impossible to go back, especially on a long flight.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, George C said:

I know we were on at least one cruise together since we were both active in roll call, did anyone get engaged or honeymoon on a cruise, we got engaged on sovereign of he seas in 1990 and honeymooned on SS Norway in 1991. (Also did Niagara falls )

Honeymooned on Fair Princess in 1988

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Coralc said:

That's interesting. A lot of ladies with younger husbands. Mine is too. But only by a year and two months. And I guess we all have lovely husbands that put up with us and care for us in sickness and health. :classic_smile:

I am 24 days younger than my wife, does that make her a cougar?

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'm glad you posted again. Cruise Critic is rather a strange place. Somehow, strangers on the internet start to not feel like strangers but friends that simply have not been met in person. Maybe that is because we all have at least one major passion in common that breaks the ice.

I won't bother saying how long l've been practicing medicine as I don't want to challenge people with any more math problems today 😉  but I have seen patients and families faced with all sorts of challenges.  Being in family medicine, and caring for multiple generations in families, has afforded me the honor of sharing in their joys and sorrows. I know you have been given a path to walk right now that you never would have chosen but you will endure and someday all the things in life that make no sense now finally will. Life has changed for you. Eventually you will be whole again but different  Stay strong. I've been thinking about you.

You sound like the doctor we all wish we had.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, sgmn said:

You can take company pensions anytime from 55 to 70 but they are vastly reduced if you take them early . 

Because of our unique situation, I retired, took SS and pension at 59.5  Our goal was to be completely debt free which we pretty much accomplished, even while cruising.  We don't make much money either...so it's been an uphill crawl, but we are now down to no mtg, just one car payment and getting ready to pay that off as well.  Anyone can do it, a little luck/blessing and the help of parents who were unbelievably thrifty.  It's a great feeling.  Lowering one's expenditures to just necessities help too, we are very modest, I buy all my clothes at TJMax and Wally World.  Of course we consider cruising one of those.  Todd  is bonifide though an will continue with his IT company for at least 10 more years.  We are cash poor and land rich here in Arkansas, the most beautiful state in the union....check it out, but SHHHHHHHHHH

elk herd at Boxter.jpg

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 12

I did a lot of international travel for work, always in Business Class. Kept me as Delta Platinum for a long time and built up a lot of miles. It also meant that I almost always got a first class bump on a domestic flight. Will definitely be hard to go back to coach when my Platinum status expires now that I’m retired. Combined with Amex miles that I use for Delta, I’ve been able to get 2 pairs of BC flights to Europe and 4 FC tix to Hawaii. I’ve still got almost 1 million miles left, so our next couple of International trips will be free in BC.  Still, I’d rather if some of those miles had already been spent on our Italy trip/cruise that was canceled last September. 

• Like 3

I've been busy at work so I'm trying to get caught up.

@dani negreanu Still thinking of you.

@John&LaLa Liked Velma but loved Daphne

I am (Greg) 7 months older than my wife Linda

I was going to retire last year but my cruise got cancelled so I moved my retirement date to this November when both Linda and I will retire at the same time and go on our retirement cruise. I've worked in broadcast television for over 41 years and my wife as a prosecuting attorney over 27 years. We are ready to cruise and see the world.

Had a Farrah Fawcett poster and this one which was my favorite. I always had a crush on Rachel Welch. From the movie "One Million Years B.C."

100 Million BC.jpg

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 5

14 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Ok deviating slightly, but where in the world is Cruise Life Rick? I loved reading his "Live". Last I read was some cruise review with A&L and CLR.

Grounded....like the rest of us...look forward to seeing his again.

12 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

We had a Suzuki van in 1996 for our week on Bonaire.

There is something like this in town that I stare at with envy as we glide past.  A brewery has it in front for ads.  Always thought it was a true VW but guess it's one of these, I'll get a pic and post.

9 hours ago, Coralc said:

That's interesting. A lot of ladies with younger husbands. Mine is too. But only by a year and two months. And I guess we all have lovely husbands that put up with us and care for us in sickness and health. :classic_smile:

I am seven months older than my husband.  Surprised to see how many of us are older than our husbands.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

You can rent golf carts on Bonaire

Do ya'll dive?  We had a dive vacation in Bonaire some years ago....the Scientology ship was docked there and we watched all of their passengers when we were at the local Espresso shop downtown, as they all swam every morning, talk about control!  They all filed out of the ship, dove into the harbor, swam across it and back in the ship.  Sorry, no offense meant if there are any on here.

Bonaire is really the best diving in the Carib IMHO, you walk off the beach and dive any location you want all around the island. I love the tarpon there who like to swim with the divers.

Alas, no more diving for this cougar😏

9 hours ago, HBE4 said:

. She used to say "Just give me 9 good years!" I

You're killing me man....I say something like that almost every week.  "I've said, I only have 10 yrs left" umpteen times.  You start thinking that way when you pass 60!  I regret that there is no way I can make Pinnacle!  LOL  But no biggie, all those perks are being squashed quickly these days.  We can sympathize with you HBE.  But, AHHHHHHHHH the memories......!  Hang in and stay connected!  And god bless you...real good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This was on my wall:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0013Y03WC?pf_rd_r=K1B1RDCJBKHWF9E54M2G&pf_rd_p=5ae2c7f8-e0c6-4f35-9071-dc3240e894a8&pd_rd_r=a93762c0-f35d-4dd6-adb2-829cc2e3a8d2&pd_rd_w=vNeh5&pd_rd_wg=Vbjuz&ref_=pd_gw_unk

Couldn't get it to Paint.  It's the Endless Summer poster, I envisioned myself a "surfer girl" in those days, and I also had a post of Robert Conrad and Johnny Crawford, yeah, I was always  "different"...hahaha

Amazon.com_ Endless Summer - Poster Metal Tin Sign 12.5_W x 16_H_ Prints_ Posters & Prints.html

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Coralc said:

Add us to the group, I am 5 months older than DH.

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Not sure Laura's was full, but it was 'full enough'😉

Me too, had a nice pension and medical when I retired at 55 1/2, not as good as if I had waited but didn't have a lot of choice and was very happy to go.  First grandchild was on the way, another reason to get out so I could visit whenever I wanted.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I am seven months older than my husband.  Surprised to see how many of us are older than our husbands.

Charlie is four years older but my daughter is 9 months older than her husband and my sons are younger than their wives. Not much but still younger!

• Like 3