Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

House update. We now have 21 showings scheduled...19 on Friday and 2 on Saturday.  We have room in the schedule for only one more showing on Friday so I expect that Saturday will start to fill up more.  The first showing on Friday has actually already made an offer, even though we aren't accepting them until Friday.  Our agent can't therefore share the offer with us until Friday.  Starting to feel like a feeding frenzy, which is good for us.  We were told this would happen but we weren't sure until it actually started happening.

We plan to treat Friday and Saturday as a local vacation.  We have a hotel room nearby on Friday night so that we can leave the house in show condition.  We'll spend Friday at the Cincinnati Zoo.  Haven't been there since our kids were much younger...maybe 15 years?  It's one of the best zoos in the US.  On Saturday, we'll make the short drive North to Dayton to see the National Museum of the USAF at Wright-Patt Airforce Base.  It's been 20+ years since we were last there but it's one of the best museums that I've ever been to.  I most remember walking through several presidential planes, what would now be called AirForce One but might not have used that designation back in the time of these presidents (Roosevelt, Truman, Eisenhower).   If you're ever in the Dayton area (or even Cincinnati area and are willing to drive an hour), I'd highly recommend a visit.

I’m truly excited for you and can’t wait to hear about all your offers.  

5 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Starting to get hot around here. 28C today. No rain in over a week, almost two, and things are starting to dry out. 

Mom was complaining that the new downspout pipe was bright and two different colours. 

1461E49D-EA87-43FB-9FAB-E4FEB5285362.thumb.jpeg.491864ed2503127f1dc5cead11ec0b2c.jpeg

After a quick YouTube tutorial I got some sand paper, acetone and some grout coloured paint. 3 coats later job complete. 

0B0AE3D2-B5E2-4690-9DBE-37A6B7146ED7.thumb.jpeg.6185e2d0d3e1982688b890e918d7ba78.jpeg

She’s happy now. I’m sure I’ll hear about the dirt next. 😉

632D966F-93DC-4342-A451-9115800734E6.thumb.jpeg.61725585404e25f5eb7b0caac186d515.jpeg

It’s still white?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BecciBoo said:

This weekend will be a little melancholy for my family.  My younger brother's kids come up for a memorial to him.  We plan to release a white dove on Saturday and scatter ashes.  You see, our family's last name is Dove, he was Douglas Dove.  Covid may have beaten us up a bit, but she didn't beat all of us!  We will rise from those ashes stronger together.  Same for you Dani and everyone in your neck of the woods.  Don't worry, I know where my brother is, fly fishing for bonefish with my Daddy, at peace at last.  God bless you guys.

Special and beautiful memorial for your brother. Love the emotional thoughts you have of him and your father together.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Thank you. However, I suspect that @John&LaLawould disagree with you. Between his Mexican self practice of medicine and expecting his doctor to sign any piece of paper requested, he and I would be at constant odds.🤨😇

I have no doubt it soon will be "Alexa, get me those Mexican meds.  Alexa, get that doctor to sign this piece of paper." 

8 hours ago, grapau27 said:

First night inside a restaurant this year because of Lockdown.

We took our Sarah to our favourite Italian restaurant.

IMG_20210519_191455.jpg

IMG_20210519_185313.jpg

Beautiful ladies with their handsome guy. I too love your NY Polo Shirt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I have no doubt it soon will be "Alexa, get me those Mexican meds.  Alexa, get that doctor to sign this piece of paper." 

Beautiful ladies with their handsome guy. I too love your NY Polo Shirt.

Thank you Bonnie.

12 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I think I've posted Mark Rober's YouTube squirrel obstacle course here before.  Yesterday, he posted the 2.0 version...a new and improved course.  Very funny watch.  Spoiler...the squirrels still win.  

Wow, he really went all the way.   Squirrels probably bring friends to play! 

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Judging by this picture, I couldn't agree more 😁

I have been to work this morning.

It is 45°F and it has just started to rain heavily.

Dani I hope it is a bit quieter today for you and you are taking care and staying safe going to your DILs place.

Graham. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Born at Wright-Patt?  Must come from an Air Force family.  My daughter's boyfriend (future SIL??) now works there as a civilian engineering contractor. 

Hope you had good weather while on Amelia Island.  We checked the weather a couple of times over the last two weeks to see what we were missing while here in Ohio and it always looked good.  Did you do anything exciting?  Eat at any good restaurants?  We're still fairly new residents there and are still looking for recommendations.

Yes, his Dad was Air Force.  SAC.  Weather was wonderful at Amelia.  It rained briefly two afternoons around 4:30 which just cooled and freshened the air.  We ate at Espana, on the beautiful patio, Salty Pelican, Cafe Karibo and Down Under twice for the view.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Yes, his Dad was Air Force.  SAC.  Weather was wonderful at Amelia.  It rained briefly two afternoons around 4:30 which just cooled and freshened the air.  We ate at Espana, on the beautiful patio, Salty Pelican, Cafe Karibo and Down Under twice for the view.

You ate at some of our favorite places, especially Espana and Cafe Karibo (sitting outside under the trees).  Down Under has become one of our regular places for non-fancy seafood. Nice sitting on the deck overlooking the river.  Interesting location also driving on the bumpy dirt road under the bridge.

Unless I'm confusing you with someone else, I think you're also going back in July??  If so, try Cucina South (Italian...love their Veal Saltimbocca and Osso Buco) and Lagniappe (hard to describe...low country with a Cajun twist, maybe?).  Both are on the southern part of the island and don't require driving to downtown Fernandina Beach.  Both are excellent.  Our other favorite "downtown" is Joe's 2nd Street Bistro.

Really disappointed, just got notified sailings on Vision out of Bermuda are cancelled for this summer due to anticipated sailingsvout of US to restart this summer.

We booked a b2b with beautiful wrap around balcony too.

Waiting to see what we can shift to next.  Ugghh! 

Good news is sounds like they should be sailing sometime soon out of the US.

We really love bermuda and hopefully we can 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

You ate at some of our favorite places, especially Espana and Cafe Karibo (sitting outside under the trees).  Down Under has become one of our regular places for non-fancy seafood. Nice sitting on the deck overlooking the river.  Interesting location also driving on the bumpy dirt road under the bridge.

Unless I'm confusing you with someone else, I think you're also going back in July??  If so, try Cucina South (Italian...love their Veal Saltimbocca and Osso Buco) and Lagniappe (hard to describe...low country with a Cajun twist, maybe?).  Both are on the southern part of the island and don't require driving to downtown Fernandina Beach.  Both are excellent.  Our other favorite "downtown" is Joe's 2nd Street Bistro.

Yes, we’re going back in July and frequently until cruising is an option again...  We tried Cucina back in November and maybe it was just an off night...  We did go to Joe’s...food was OK but it didn’t have the ambiance of Espana etc.  Haven’t tried Lagniappe yet.  Thanks for the tips!  Also was really impressed by Harris Teeter!  

27 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Yes, we’re going back in July and frequently until cruising is an option again...  We tried Cucina back in November and maybe it was just an off night...  We did go to Joe’s...food was OK but it didn’t have the ambiance of Espana etc.  Haven’t tried Lagniappe yet.  Thanks for the tips!  Also was really impressed by Harris Teeter!  

We live in the neighborhood right behind HT...less than a 2 minute drive. 😄  Definitely give Cucina South another try.  It's consistently rated as one of the best restaurants on the island.  You must have had an off night.  One other reco, if you like craft beer.  Find the First Love Brewery.  It's in a little strip of stores just off 8th street near the downtown area.  Good beer and good pizza.  Doesn't get as much exposure as the Amelia Tavern or Mocama Beer Co. but we like it better.  It's a smaller, I think more friendly atmosphere.  It's become our go to place for pizza and beer (wine for Micheline).

17 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

How does one celebrate finishing the job?

First swim of the season. Pool is 83, and not quite warm enough for me yet but I went in anyway. 

Owen enjoyed the end to early home school today. 

3AEAD73A-558B-4A06-ACF9-269C95BC35ED.thumb.jpeg.1b0f112397d09f49dc25e6c436f59bf7.jpeg

https://youtube.com/shorts/aNCYC7fdP7U?feature=share

Based on previous pictures, can't believe how much he's grown.  What are you guys feeding him? He's quite the handsome young man.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

Absolutely gorgeous.  I have to admit to seeing color that that in Vermont during Fall foliage.  I saw colors I could not believe existed in leaves.  How fortunate you live in such a beautiful area.

BecciBoo's picture didn't post but you must know which one  I am referring to.

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Thanks 1

Yesterday felt like a milestone.  We shopped at Publix without a mask!  We’ve been fully vaccinated for a couple of months, but have been following the rules and wearing our masks.  But, Publix changed their policy and we were very happy to not use them.  I was surprised that about 70 to 80% of the customers still had them on.  I wonder if they weren’t aware of the change.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

House update. We now have 21 showings scheduled...19 on Friday and 2 on Saturday.  We have room in the schedule for only one more showing on Friday so I expect that Saturday will start to fill up more.  The first showing on Friday has actually already made an offer, even though we aren't accepting them until Friday.  Our agent can't therefore share the offer with us until Friday.  Starting to feel like a feeding frenzy, which is good for us.  We were told this would happen but we weren't sure until it actually started happening.

We plan to treat Friday and Saturday as a local vacation.  We have a hotel room nearby on Friday night so that we can leave the house in show condition.  We'll spend Friday at the Cincinnati Zoo.  Haven't been there since our kids were much younger...maybe 15 years?  It's one of the best zoos in the US.  On Saturday, we'll make the short drive North to Dayton to see the National Museum of the USAF at Wright-Patt Airforce Base.  It's been 20+ years since we were last there but it's one of the best museums that I've ever been to.  I most remember walking through several presidential planes, what would now be called AirForce One but might not have used that designation back in the time of these presidents (Roosevelt, Truman, Eisenhower).   If you're ever in the Dayton area (or even Cincinnati area and are willing to drive an hour), I'd highly recommend a visit.

Love the AF museum. You could walk through a bomber was my recollection

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Wicked waves and choppy surf this morning. May have had a drowning yesterday in Cape Canaveral. I can barely stand on the balcony to take this picture. Using a Fire 10

IMG_20210520_105643.thumb.jpg.5546b68aa9623fe8243e8556c0525531.jpg

It’s been windy everywhere we’ve been in FL so far. Orlando, the Keys (we could barely sit at the tiki bar at our resort, but we powered thru 😂), Bonita Springs.  

• Like 3