Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 minute ago, lenquixote66 said:

When I was working I had a liquid lunch every Friday for many years.

I worked for several companies where the 3 martini lunch was common Monday to Friday. I remember my first job on payday the whole department went to a bar in lobby for there coffee break, I was 17 at the time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, George C said:

I worked for several companies where the 3 martini lunch was common Monday to Friday. I remember my first job on payday the whole department went to a bar in lobby for there coffee break, I was 17 at the time.

I went to a bar on E.13 St. with a co-worker for all the beers we could drink without getting to the point where anyone would notice and we could work.

6 minutes ago, George C said:

When I was 17 I was in high school .My days of liquid lunches was when I was in my late 20’s .

I will most likely keep wearing my mask when shopping because our 2 grandchildren live with us (11 and 5). When they can be vaccinated then we will feel safe. They probably will have their shots before school starts in August. We may change our minds about the masks when summer heat arrives.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

When I was 17 I was in high school .My days of liquid lunches was when I was in my late 20’s .

I graduated from high school same month as my 17 birthday, went to a nyc computer school then started working in wall st area while still 17.

• Like 1

I think it was first year college we had classes Thursdays from 8 to 12 and then one more from 3-4.  It didn’t take the instructor long to figure out that none of us were making it back from the bar for his class.  He quickly adopted the motto of “if you can’t beat them you might as well join them” and held “discussion groups” at the bar

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

My dad was a smoker and one day he just decided to quit.  And he did quit- cold turkey.

Before our first baby was born, we told my FIL who was a smoker that he had to quit because we didn't want the baby around someone who smoked.  He quit his smoking right away.

As for masks, I'm counting the days till I can ditch my mask.  Our governor says we still have to wear them until June 15.  That's the day he says California will reopen its economy.  Everywhere I go, I see people very obedient and wearing their masks.  Makes me feel bad for taking mine off as soon as I step out of the store.

I quit smoking (and a few other things) Sept 17 1989.  To this day, I despise the smell of it. I had an aunt who smoked 3 packs a day almost her entire life.  She died at 95, go figure.  

I'm counting the days until June 15! I laughed when I read the governor was sticking to the June 15th day so as to give businesses time to adjust.  What is there to adjust to.  Take the signs out of the window and the stickers off the floor and you're done.  I'm pretty sure that won't take a monnth.

I was in a RV supply store today in Bakersfield and I noticed half the employee's were not wearing masks. I was surprised. Most place I go I see a pretty high mask wearing obedience. I suspect that Bakersfield is a different environment than where you are.

Monday I will have my second shot and I guess I'll be good to go.  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

I quit smoking (and a few other things) Sept 17 1989.  To this day, I despise the smell of it. I had an aunt who smoked 3 packs a day almost her entire life.  She died at 95, go figure.  

I'm counting the days until June 15! I laughed when I read the governor was sticking to the June 15th day so as to give businesses time to adjust.  What is there to adjust to.  Take the signs out of the window and the stickers off the floor and you're done.  I'm pretty sure that won't take a monnth.

I was in a RV supply store today in Bakersfield and I noticed half the employee's were not wearing masks. I was surprised. Most place I go I see a pretty high mask wearing obedience. I suspect that Bakersfield is a different environment than where you are.

Monday I will have my second shot and I guess I'll be good to go.  

Spent 4 years of my very young "youth" in Taft.  But back then, it was a booming oil town.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I think I've posted Mark Rober's YouTube squirrel obstacle course here before.  Yesterday, he posted the 2.0 version...a new and improved course.  Very funny watch.  Spoiler...the squirrels still win.  

He’s very creative and has some great videos.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, George C said:

When we lived in the Silicon Valley area I worked at a company called Chips & Technologies. Every Friday was what was called Beer Bust day. On Fridays at 3:00 the cafeteria was open with beer, nuts, food, snacks, sparkling water, etc for everyone. Free and no limit. It was a way for all the employees to get together to get to know each other, at least that was the idea. Different groups had different projects and normally wouldn’t work/meet others not on the same project.

Several time Gordie the CEO made announcements that it was “mandatory” for employees to attend and not bring stuff back to their offices. He did this due to the great Asian work ethics. Instead of hanging out they would take stuff back and would want to continue to work. The company was very employee oriented.

It turned out I lived across the street from a co-worker and didn’t even know it until we were invited to a wine tasting he was having. It was a small company so we were both surprised we worked at the same place. Guess the Beer Bust days didn’t work out so great after all, but they were a blast.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I think I've posted Mark Rober's YouTube squirrel obstacle course here before.  Yesterday, he posted the 2.0 version...a new and improved course.  Very funny watch.  Spoiler...the squirrels still win.  

That has got to be the best thing on YouTube!  Thanks for posting that.

Getting ready to leave for the day while a bunch of strangers walk through my house.  Strange feeling.  24 showings scheduled for today with 8 more scheduled for tomorrow if needed.  Sad comment on society...our agent told us to take anything of value (jewelry, medication, documents, etc.) with us.  She's had things "disappear" from houses during showings.

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Happy Friday from Cocoa Beach, FL

20210521_064246.thumb.jpg.be30c15716de97da38bb1bf3ee84eccd.jpg

Adventure is supposed to arrive soon

Screenshot_20210521-064503_Chrome.thumb.jpg.06fe396fcb70e53fb01799ece6be28b1.jpg

Can't see her yet

Never mind, I see her now. 

Glasses help😉

Awesome ship. I've had some goods times on her.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Very sad.

Indeed it is unfortunate that the world has come to this.  It only takes one, but that one ruins it for all.

Unfortunately, criminal intentions come in many different forms.  Could be a simple snatch and grab or looking at the house for a larger opportunity.  The realtor wouldn’t have given the heads up if it wasn’t a common enough experience. Very sad indeed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Getting ready to leave for the day while a bunch of strangers walk through my house.  Strange feeling.  24 showings scheduled for today with 8 more scheduled for tomorrow if needed.  Sad comment on society...our agent told us to take anything of value (jewelry, medication, documents, etc.) with us.  She's had things "disappear" from houses during showings.

Good luck on selling - maybe get a bidding war started!!!!! Just check all of your bathrooms when you return - we have discovered that folks will use your bathroom and forget to flush............yep it happens!!!!