Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We spent our day at St Armand’s Circle in Sarasota. Weather was gorgeous, just a slight breeze. I forget who said the have a condo on SA Key - maybe @A&L_Ont?  What a beautiful place.  Great shopping too 😉.

EE2C27CA-A13D-412B-AE2D-1F1145F2E5DA.jpeg

Love Columbia!  Great to eat outside by the sidewalk and watch the world walk by.  If you get a chance, eat at the Dry Dock Waterfront Grill on Longboat Key.  Great seafood.  Just a little bit north of St. Armand's. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dbancroft said:

The 5 year old has Autism and it was very hard getting him to wear a mask so if I do not wear one it will be very hard to make him wear his.

No one is questioning your decision to continue to wear a a mask @dbancroft. The mask mandate in California continues until June 15. And many people have indicated that they will continue masking up, even if vaccinated. If you and the GK's feel more comfortable, after this past year, no one will question it. :classic_biggrin:

I am just wearing the disposables now, since we are fully vaxxed. But what I find kind of surprising, like mema, is that we haven't had so much as a simple cold since January/February of 2020. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 4

I would like to thank each and every one of you for the prayers and well wishes you've sent my way during the latest round of hostilities in Israel.

It helped me enormously, and I appreciate from the bottom of my 🧡 the time you took to follow up in those challenging days and nights.

@grapau27 @Bailey & Sophie  @Sheal @bobmacliberty @Keksie  @Sea Viewer @DaniDanielle  @Momof3gurlz @A&L_Ont @Arzeena  @Sunshine3601  @lenquixote66  @Lionesss  @Ocean Boy  @Sea Dog  @helen haywood  @Tree_skier  @BonTexasNY  @voyager70  @DirtyDawg  @Ourusualbeach  @molly361  @ownedbypets  @ATG  @xpcdoojk  @island lady @clochette  @cruisingpeople  @GlobalMethod  @h20skibum @OnTheJourney  @mafig  @davekathy  @DCGuy64  @BecciBoo  @reallyitsmema  @1ANGELCAT  @Lady Hudson  @Coralc  @John&LaLa  @Vibe @George C  @Missusdubbya  @ReneeFLL  @MJSailors  @StanleyandGus @FromSea2ShiningSea  @retiredgram @akcruz @sgmn  @singinalot  @HBE4 @mo&fran

I would like also to express my sorrow for the loss of lives on both sides.

• Like 33
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We spent our day at St Armand’s Circle in Sarasota. Weather was gorgeous, just a slight breeze. I forget who said the have a condo on SA Key - maybe @A&L_Ont?  What a beautiful place.  Great shopping too 😉.

Yup, that’s us.  Just head to the beach and we are in the white tower on the corner facing the ocean.  We have eaten many a meal at the circle, Colombian Restaurant included. Hopefully you hit up Kilwins for ice cream after. 

• Like 1

h20skibum

•  
  •  

Traveled to Ohio today, and the couple stores we stopped at required masks to enter.  Was disappointed with my salad from BJ’s. They were missing some of the basic ingredients. 

Great pictures.

Gotta love OHIO

Usually a great place to live and kinda nice place to visit.

Stay healthy

14 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Traveled to Ohio today,

Wait....are we doing road trips again? Last time this happened a thread got closed (thanks to me partially!!) . I love it and am happy to jump in. We just spent about a week in Allegheny National Forest area - near Coudersport. Lovely, quiet area. Stayed in a very nice guesthouse owned by local residents. Anxious to post a few pics (especially of the amazing Kinzua Bridge) but have been hesitant due to the recent thread having been closed down when it delved too deeply, I suppose, into non-cruise travel. At the risk of incurring the same, however, I'll add some pics when I have them ready!  Thanks for posting these....I LOVE it. Looks like my kind of trails 😉

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 1

We have been lucky been going out for dinner and music a couple of times a week for about a year. Went to a Mexican restaurant yesterday with someone singing in both Spanish and English then went to a pub really close to our house that also had live music. Tonight it’s itilian in a restaurant we have been going for about 30 years have been there way over a thousand times and hopefully we will be sailing on the millennium in exactly 6 weeks. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, George C said:

We have been lucky been going out for dinner and music a couple of times a week for about a year. Went to a Mexican restaurant yesterday with someone singing in both Spanish and English then went to a pub really close to our house that also had live music. Tonight it’s itilian in a restaurant we have been going for about 30 years have been there way over a thousand times and hopefully we will be sailing on the millennium in exactly 6 weeks. 

Good luck with your Millennium cruise - hopefully our first will be on the Edge 7/3 & 10. First time on Edge - booked a SV because their other verandas didn't look appealing. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

Good luck with your Millennium cruise - hopefully our first will be on the Edge 7/3 & 10. First time on Edge - booked a SV because their other verandas didn't look appealing. 

I would have preferred booking Edge but I think we have a better chance of sailing since we leave from St Maarten and cdc doesn’t effect sailing.

1 minute ago, George C said:

I would have preferred booking Edge but I think we have a better chance of sailing since we leave from St Maarten and cdc doesn’t effect sailing.

We like the Millennium Class but Solstice Class is our favorite on "X". Have you been on the Edge?

28 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

I LOVE it. Looks like my kind of trails 😉

Love the Kinzua area.  In our younger days, we backpacked the North Country Trail in that area.  Summers, we would trailer our boat there, and camp and boat the lake.  It is a beautiful, unspoiled area. 

Now our hikes are just day hikes. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Love the Kinzua area

So assuming you've been on the skywalk?  We're not into real long hikes, but enjoyed the short "General Kane" trail. Last fall were over to Marilla Reservoir - nice short walk there too. We got into exploring the Coudersport area due to reading about Cherry Springs about a year ago and so did an evening program with a local astronomer over there. Fantastic! He had equipment that pulled in deep space objects and put it all up on 3 large monitors. Typically would have guests take turns at the telescope but revised it due to covid. Cold and dark, of course, and especially a tad eerie with the coyotes howling in the background! This time we visited the Penn Brad Oil Museum, Marilyn Horne Museum, and a fantastic WWII museum in Eldred. Spent like 3 hours there. Also drove up to Olean as part of a scenic loop and stopped in at their beautiful Basilica. We had hoped to get over to Tidioute yet but ran out of time. Takes awhile to drive around those 2-lane roads - especially with some construction going on. We also really like the Serenity Glass Park in Port Allegany. Unfortunately, my wife broke her arm during a very unfortante fall while we were walking around looking at the mansions in Smethport back in October, so that cut the trip short. Were going to head over to Kinzua that day but instead wound up in the emergency center at UPMC Cole - conveniently right across from Millstream Inn where we had been staying in one of their cabins. This time stayed in a guesthouse on 7th street in Coudersport. Lovey and quiet part of town. 

Edited by OnTheJourney

16 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

That sounds like it was a fun job.

Yeah it was.  I loved that job.  And the free wine samples were a nice perk as well!  😉 

Unfortunately the distributor I worked for retired, and his kids did not want to take over the wine division.  (They just wanted the Red Bull distribution).  😞  There were over 40 of us that hit the street, including the 12 of us in the restaurant division.  

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, island lady said:

OOohhh...great wizard...we salute and appreciate you!   (bowing repeatedly here).  😄 

Thank you from the bottom of my old and gray and.................OK - Senior Moment - I forgot where that place was!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

So assuming you've been on the skywalk?

I am showing my age, because the last time we were there, the viaduct was still standing.  

An engineer I worked on a few projects with, had an interesting article about the destruction of the viaduct.  Taken out by a tornado in 30 seconds. 

This is a link to the article.  Interesting read. 

https://eswp.com/wp-content/uploads/2009-IBC.pdf

• Like 2