Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

45 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

We like the Millennium Class but Solstice Class is our favorite on "X". Have you been on the Edge?

No we had her booked for April and that was canceled so we moved our money to millennium did get a great deal on a royal suite , will hopefully book Edge next year ,  we have been booking music charters on millennium class ships last few years agree prefer Solstice class but entertainment on my music charters is fantastic.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Just arrived at our hotel after spending the day at the Cincinnati Zoo. According to our neighbors, our house is a zoo also. Currently scheduled for 29 showings today (thru 9:00pm) and another 22 tomorrow, for 51 total. Two more people trying to squeeze in somewhere tomorrow. Three offers in so far with another 5 people who said an offer is coming. Yikes. Good for us. 😁

I forgot how tiring the zoo can be in hot weather. There are quite a few up and down hills. 6.5 miles of waking and 5 stories climbed. I also forgot how dangerous it can be negotiating around a lot of little kids and the mini-RVs that their parents now tow around with all of their necessities for the day. Saw a 4 seater wagon that must have been about 3 feet wide by 6 feet long. I’m too old to even think about pulling something like that all day. 

The Cincy Zoo is famous for a few things. The biggest star is Fiona, a now 4 year old hippo that was born premature. 
858CB03E-D79D-4307-B5F9-C21584996F4E.thumb.jpeg.041077b4216099c7e6fd64015a67b0d1.jpeg

I think this is actually Fiona’s mother with just a bit of Fiona visible behind her. Typical of most animals today…napping in the hot weather. I get it. 
4F683FE4-9CC5-4F84-A5AB-581E167F7AE6.thumb.jpeg.ca5b30adedf400f98101e4a3b16983d5.jpeg

They also have a great Cheetah program and do Cheetah run shows. They are very cool to watch run at speed. They pair them with a dog when they are young so that they have a colleague more like themselves than the human trainers.  The dog, Remus, apparently is now a Disney cartoon character.  Kris the Cheetah and Remus the dog on YouTube 

And Kris running today. 

IMG_7033.MOV 100.97 MB · 2 downloads

I was also reminded that what is exotic at one zoo is just someone’s backyard in another part of the world. There’s a whole section on the Florida Biosphere with exotic animals like alligators, manatees, turtles, and the very rare gecko. 🤣

Off to enjoy a relaxing dinner before going home later tonight to see how the house looks. 

Just catching up...but as I am typing this...I bet your home is already sold with an offer well over what you are asking!  And cash offer at that!!  🙂 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, George C said:

No we had her booked for April and that was canceled so we moved our money to millennium did get a great deal on a royal suite , will hopefully book Edge next year ,  we have been booking music charters on millennium class ships last few years agree prefer Solstice class but entertainment on my music charters is fantastic.

Enjoy that Royal Suite!!!!! We have been in Royal's Owner's Suites three times - each time it was an Upgrade Fairy that did it................so that was a loooooong time ago. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We spent our day at St Armand’s Circle in Sarasota. Weather was gorgeous, just a slight breeze. I forget who said the have a condo on SA Key - maybe @A&L_Ont?  What a beautiful place.  Great shopping too 😉.

EE2C27CA-A13D-412B-AE2D-1F1145F2E5DA.jpeg

Love the sunsets there!  Beautiful area indeed!  🙂 

Ooooooo...I see you are at one of the Columbia restaurants!  I love those, our favorite is in St. Augustine.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, OnTheJourney said:

Wait....are we doing road trips again? Last time this happened a thread got closed (thanks to me partially!!) . I love it and am happy to jump in. We just spent about a week in Allegheny National Forest area - near Coudersport. Lovely, quiet area. Stayed in a very nice guesthouse owned by local residents. Anxious to post a few pics (especially of the amazing Kinzua Bridge) but have been hesitant due to the recent thread having been closed down when it delved too deeply, I suppose, into non-cruise travel. At the risk of incurring the same, however, I'll add some pics when I have them ready!  Thanks for posting these....I LOVE it. Looks like my kind of trails 😉

Many of us have posted "road trip" photos, and land based vacation photos.  Myself included.  No thread shut down yet.  😉 

9 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

After 3 cancelled [by X] cruises on Apex, we're booked on Edge [our 2nd choice after the new Apex] one year from now.

4th time a charm??

I will let you know what we experienced on the Edge - so looking forward to a "new" ship - different layout, décor and vibe............and entertainment.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cruise wizard said:

I will let you know what we experienced on the Edge - so looking forward to a "new" ship - different layout, décor and vibe............and entertainment.

Pls. do. 

Hopefully, you'll get to meet the amazing Captain Kate and her naked cat. A real character this one 😁

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Pls. do. 

Hopefully, you'll get to meet the amazing Captain Kate and her naked cat. A real character this one 😁

We have cruised with a Captain Kate but she was with Royal (I believe) at the time.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Did someone say Lone Ranger mask?

F077B975-5E3F-48EC-B664-9B9C22BE81BE.thumb.jpeg.b61df110d403ab33126a1d77e0c5e21a.jpeg

That is actually me, circa 1957!!!

In 1951 I had lunch with somebody wearing a Lone Ranger mask with a holster and 2 cap pistols.This person became quite famous as both a TV personality and later as a politician.Last year he was known for not wearing a mask.

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Pls. do. 

We just missed Captain Kate by a week or two on Summit a few years ago, would definitely like to sail on one of her ships I know my wife would also.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

I would like to thank each and every one of you for the prayers and well wishes you've sent my way during the latest round of hostilities in Israel.

It helped me enormously, and I appreciate from the bottom of my 🧡 the time you took to follow up in those challenging days and nights.

@grapau27 @Bailey & Sophie  @Sheal @bobmacliberty @Keksie  @Sea Viewer @DaniDanielle  @Momof3gurlz @A&L_Ont @Arzeena  @Sunshine3601  @lenquixote66  @Lionesss  @Ocean Boy  @Sea Dog  @helen haywood  @Tree_skier  @BonTexasNY  @voyager70  @DirtyDawg  @Ourusualbeach  @molly361  @ownedbypets  @ATG  @xpcdoojk  @island lady @clochette  @cruisingpeople  @GlobalMethod  @h20skibum @OnTheJourney  @mafig  @davekathy  @DCGuy64  @BecciBoo  @reallyitsmema  @1ANGELCAT  @Lady Hudson  @Coralc  @John&LaLa  @Vibe @George C  @Missusdubbya  @ReneeFLL  @MJSailors  @StanleyandGus @FromSea2ShiningSea  @retiredgram @akcruz @sgmn  @singinalot  @HBE4 @mo&fran

I would like also to express my sorrow for the loss of lives on both sides.

I hope you are able to get some much needed rest without that one eye open.

Did you make your cheesecake yet?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

July for me .Do people tell you that you look much younger ? I am told that quite often 😀

Of course.............1943 was a special year (the year of the zinc penny). My wife tells me often to act my age since I am still lost in the 50's............

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I hope you are able to get some much needed rest without that one eye open.

Did you make your cheesecake yet?

Yes, I did yesterday, even though every motorcycle "revvving" on the street makes me stop for a second to listen if it's not a siren sounding again....😢

Since you've asked so nicely, here it is 🥰:

20210521_100943.jpg

20210521_101235 (1).jpg2.jpg

IMG_6134.jpg

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 27

I would like to thank each and every one of you for the prayers and well wishes you've sent my way during the latest round of hostilities in Israel.

It helped me enormously, and I appreciate from the bottom of my 🧡 the time you took to follow up in those challenging days and nights.

@grapau27 @Bailey & Sophie  @Sheal @bobmacliberty @Keksie  @Sea Viewer @DaniDanielle  @Momof3gurlz @A&L_Ont @Arzeena  @Sunshine3601  @lenquixote66  @Lionesss  @Ocean Boy  @Sea Dog  @helen haywood  @Tree_skier  @BonTexasNY  @voyager70  @DirtyDawg  @Ourusualbeach  @molly361  @ownedbypets  @ATG  @xpcdoojk  @island lady @clochette  @cruisingpeople  @GlobalMethod  @h20skibum @OnTheJourney  @mafig  @davekathy  @DCGuy64  @BecciBoo  @reallyitsmema  @1ANGELCAT  @Lady Hudson  @Coralc  @John&LaLa  @Vibe @George C  @Missusdubbya  @ReneeFLL  @MJSailors  @StanleyandGus @FromSea2ShiningSea  @retiredgram @akcruz @sgmn  @singinalot  @HBE4 @mo&fran

I truly admire the strength and resilience you must have to endure those heart-thumping, scary days you all experienced.

Continuing to pray for you, your family and loved ones. 

Love and peace to you!  ❤️ 🙏

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Yes, I did yesterday, even though every motorcycle "revvving" on the street makes me stop for a second to listen if it's not a siren sounding again....😢

20210521_100943.jpg

IMG_6134.jpg

I sure this has zero calories 😁😁😁, look great 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are well loved Dani and I'm certain every one of us was very worried about you and your families safety.

Let's hope this ceasefire lasts a long time and you all can live without the fear of rockets fired indiscriminately at your lovely country.

Best wishes Dani.

Graham & Pauline.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

20210521_100943.jpg

IMG_6134.jpg

Looks amazing!

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

20210521_100943.jpg

IMG_6134.jpg

That looks delicious.  Great job Chef Dani🤩💐

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

Of course.............1943 was a special year (the year of the zinc penny). My wife tells me often to act my age since I am still lost in the 50's............

The 50’s was a great decade. Several of my friends were in Doo Wop groups.One of my current neighbors is the lead singer of a group that has been around since 1959 but none are originals.To make this post cruise relevant,in 2016 I was on a cruise that had a port stop in St.Croix.I was on a tour .When the tour guide found out that I grew up in NYC she said that at one time she was a back up singer with the Platters.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, George C said:

I sure this has zero calories 😁😁😁, looks great 

38 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

That cheesecake looks absolutely delicious!!  It that caramel or honey on top...and pistachios?  Yum!! 😋

27 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

Looks amazing!

19 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That looks delicious.  Great job Chef Dani🤩💐

It is.... very very tasty.

1st time baking it, but you can't go wrong with yogurt 10% and cream cheese 30% ... can you? And it remained high through all the process, which is rare for cheese cakes.

👍 Honey and pistachios 👍 

• Like 5