Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

I am currently in the final stages of planning the family bachelorette dinner in Cleveland next weekend. Yup. Us parental units are included in Friday’s dinner and bar hopping. Then Saturday and Sunday the “girls” are taking off and rented a house for two nights in Put n Bay. 
Two of the girls are not 21. So they can get soda or mock tails. ( lol). 
Well not wanting to start another booze smuggling thread, but I had to share with you what the two are taking into the bars and adding to their pop to keep up with the crowd. 
They will be making more pit stops than anyone else to fill up their drinks.

Fake tampons. 
They saved an old Tampax box to make it more real. And are putting the box in their big purse. 

Once it is filled with tequila, you insert in wrapper, and seal the end, looks real.

Yup, they came empty, I am filling them.

57277E9E-1412-410A-A360-641F9DE7C3BD.jpeg

0EE7CAC3-152A-40AE-B5B2-ED12CFF994C1.jpeg

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

13 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I’ve seen a lot of things, but that’s a new one for me. Not to many guys that I know who would willing to accuse those girls of having fake tampons. 

Got that right. 

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

Currently BBQ chicken but wishing I could get takeout. 

I bought pork belly today. Need the Chops recipe.

At the beach, no Sous Vide, no BGE.

Very uncivilized

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just arrived at our hotel after spending the day at the Cincinnati Zoo. According to our neighbors, our house is a zoo also. Currently scheduled for 29 showings today (thru 9:00pm) and another 22 tomorrow, for 51 total. Two more people trying to squeeze in somewhere tomorrow. Three offers in so far with another 5 people who said an offer is coming. Yikes. Good for us. 😁

I forgot how tiring the zoo can be in hot weather. There are quite a few up and down hills. 6.5 miles of waking and 5 stories climbed. I also forgot how dangerous it can be negotiating around a lot of little kids and the mini-RVs that their parents now tow around with all of their necessities for the day. Saw a 4 seater wagon that must have been about 3 feet wide by 6 feet long. I’m too old to even think about pulling something like that all day. 

The Cincy Zoo is famous for a few things. The biggest star is Fiona, a now 4 year old hippo that was born premature. 
858CB03E-D79D-4307-B5F9-C21584996F4E.thumb.jpeg.041077b4216099c7e6fd64015a67b0d1.jpeg

I think this is actually Fiona’s mother with just a bit of Fiona visible behind her. Typical of most animals today…napping in the hot weather. I get it. 
4F683FE4-9CC5-4F84-A5AB-581E167F7AE6.thumb.jpeg.ca5b30adedf400f98101e4a3b16983d5.jpeg

They also have a great Cheetah program and do Cheetah run shows. They are very cool to watch run at speed. They pair them with a dog when they are young so that they have a colleague more like themselves than the human trainers.  The dog, Remus, apparently is now a Disney cartoon character.  Kris the Cheetah and Remus the dog on YouTube 

And Kris running today. 

I was also reminded that what is exotic at one zoo is just someone’s backyard in another part of the world. There’s a whole section on the Florida Biosphere with exotic animals like alligators, manatees, turtles, and the very rare gecko. 🤣

Off to enjoy a relaxing dinner before going home later tonight to see how the house looks. 

• Like 10

13 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We spent our day at St Armand’s Circle in Sarasota. Weather was gorgeous, just a slight breeze. I forget who said the have a condo on SA Key - maybe @A&L_Ont?  What a beautiful place.  Great shopping too 😉.

EE2C27CA-A13D-412B-AE2D-1F1145F2E5DA.jpeg

I love Columbia! Been to three in Florida.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, island lady said:

When I was in the wine business as a rep to area restaurants for 12 years...drinking on the job was a requirement.  😉  I brought in samples for my customers.  It was considered rude not to sip along with them.  

Sales meetings every other Friday in Orlando at 8 am, almost always entailed sampling 5-8 new wines they were considering bringing in.  No "spit" buckets set on the conference table.  Ughhh...8 am was a tad early for drinking wine.  😮 

Then when various winery reps would ride with me during one of my daily sales routes...there was always the long lunch they bought.  And it always involved having a bottle of wine to share during the meal.  Then...that pretty much ended the day early.  🥴

That sounds like it was a fun job.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, George C said:

Down here in Dallas I have not seen any employees in any store and waiters and bar staff without masks, I also keep a mask in my pockets most stores still seem to require masks , I definitely never got used to them and have problems breathing with them , which is one reason we haven’t be on a plane yet .

We were wearing the KN95 masks which made it harder to breath. Now that the mask restrictions are lifted and I’m fully vaccinated I wear a light weight fabric one when still required in stores. Much easier to breath with.

6 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

I was thinking Bangladesh or Somalia........................

If that’s the case then it’s probably more than just booze. 😀

2 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

We were wearing the KN95 masks which made it harder to breath. Now that the mask restrictions are lifted and I’m fully vaccinated I wear a light weight fabric one when still required in stores. Much easier to breath with.

If that’s the case then it’s probably more than just booze. 😀

I have been using the very light weight disposal ones , tried others , I have asthma but that normally doesn’t bother me . 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

You mean who is older?😁

You know, I have seen you both....Cruise Wiz and Mary on the Oasis a couple years ago and you and Mrs,  a long time ago.

It was not that long ago when we were last on a cruise with you.I think it was 2018.Prior to that 2016.

I am asking him what month he was born in ?

7 minutes ago, George C said:

I have been using the very light weight disposal ones , tried others , I have asthma but that normally doesn’t bother me . 

I have breathing issues and every kind of mask bothers me except for a Lone Ranger mask.😀

• Like 2

Just now, lenquixote66 said:

It was not that long ago when we were last on a cruise with you.I think it was 2018.Prior to that 2016.

I am asking him what month he was born in ?

Not with us in 2018 most certainly. But probably with Bob and Eva.

It could be 2014 or 15.  Gem or Jewel out of NY. Also with them.

32 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Not with us in 2018 most certainly. But probably with Bob and Eva.

It could be 2014 or 15.  Gem or Jewel out of NY. Also with them.

Was it that long ago ?We have been on 8 cruises with Bob and Eva.We were supposed to be on the 9th.last year.We were never on the Jewel.

Traveled to Ohio today, and the couple stores we stopped at required masks to enter.  Was disappointed with my salad from BJ’s. They were missing some of the basic ingredients. 

4E40F17C-637A-4253-BD83-E117604C74B1.thumb.jpeg.77b91d271934d7c0fd7bde5ce9b585a8.jpeg

After, we had a nice, shaded hike.  A few photos from along the way. 

7B85AF2B-3323-40F1-B958-FC8217EB2257.thumb.jpeg.a329347d0f140b6232ece009540847d3.jpeg

A nice quiet trail. 

824AD854-57DF-468B-B28B-8385779ED20A.thumb.jpeg.e66d34029f645018f96c83fbdde8ddfd.jpeg

Couldn’t pass up a photo of a bright new flag. 

A7C4E507-8F3F-42BF-8F83-CDF3CBB7353B.thumb.jpeg.4263977b946b376955fbbb41c3803f4d.jpeg

More trail photos. 

7ED705D9-094F-4122-BDDD-5413536D9155.thumb.jpeg.1446bb2f689c0485aad0f2dc32cc4a44.jpeg

904ED1C6-9A31-4EE4-86C1-786BB4D74505.thumb.jpeg.4644d044e5d416e54193ca5a96bb9328.jpeg

Sunning turtles 

80E2228C-471B-42C8-85EC-928CDC2C4D5C.thumb.jpeg.0483da0c3a3b708657ab31edc3bed164.jpeg

These guys still haven’t mastered staying in a row. 

66701128-FF0A-4128-A6D4-27C122423ED0.thumb.jpeg.c8b0a2dc1e004717f0a46792162e533a.jpeg

Spread your wings. 

62ECA9BD-6D44-4FE7-B372-89036FD084D5.thumb.jpeg.2356ed3cce988cfd3eae7b27d20e5f51.jpeg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, George C said:

Down here in Dallas I have not seen any employees in any store and waiters and bar staff without masks, I also keep a mask in my pockets most stores still seem to require masks , I definitely never got used to them and have problems breathing with them , which is one reason we haven’t be on a plane yet .

Neither have I !  Hard to find an employee in any store not wearing a mask.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, dbancroft said:

I will most likely keep wearing my mask when shopping because our 2 grandchildren live with us (11 and 5).  We may change our minds about the masks when summer heat arrives.

The 5 year old has Autism and it was very hard getting him to wear a mask so if I do not wear one it will be very hard to make him wear his.

• Like 1