Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Today is a very special tenth anniversary for me. On May 20, 2011 I smoked for the last time at exactly noon. Quit cold turkey. No drugs. Just will power. Never looked back. Never touched a cigarette since then. 
Never been happier. Life is good. 

27B4A6EB-1CB3-4D71-AE77-3AAFE8EE1077.jpeg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

One of the grocery store chains here, Stop & Shop, has not changed their mask policy yet. Neither my money or I will be in there until they do.

Stop and Shop announced yesterday that they are lifting their mask mandate on May 29th, which is the date Massachusetts is lifting the mandate.  I know it applies to all MA stores, not sure about RI.

https://www.wcvb.com/article/stop-and-shop-stores-will-stop-requiring-masks-when-massachusetts-lifts-mandate/36477816

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

I was at Aldi yesterday. No masks!!

Oh wow.  OK...have not been to our local Aldi in the last week or so.  Maybe it's changed in there as well.  I do know they were very, very strict with the mask policy in that store previously.  

28 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Pfew, made it back in one piece from our baby sitting mission.

@BonTexasNY

Spending the day in Modi'in, I though to take a picture of your SIL place there. Also from DS2 balcony, not far from it.

InkedPalas1_LI.jpg

Palace Modi'in.jpg2.jpg

Looks deceptively peaceful there with those pictures.  Hope it stays looking like that!  Stay safe, we are all worried about you and your family.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Pfew, made it back in one piece from our baby sitting mission.

@BonTexasNY

Spending the day in Modi'in, I though to take a picture of your SIL place there. Also from DS2 balcony, not far from it.

InkedPalas1_LI.jpg

Palace Modi'in.jpg2.jpg

Dani, thank you so much for thinking of me.  I've only seen one picture

of it that I found online.  I remember the curved bldg.  My sister-in-law took a picture from her balcony which looked much bigger than the ones in the bottom photo.  Where is it in the video?  BTW, my niece's husband is the Israeli Consulate to Jordan.  His wife gave me permission to mention it in here.  He served 2 years each in Beijing, Argentina, Moscow.  Quite a life they led until their kids started school and they had enough time away from Israel.

So glad baby sitting duty went well without incident. Beautiful view from DS2 balcony.

9 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Stop and Shop announced yesterday that they are lifting their mask mandate on May 29th, which is the date Massachusetts is lifting the mandate.  I know it applies to all MA stores, not sure about RI.

https://www.wcvb.com/article/stop-and-shop-stores-will-stop-requiring-masks-when-massachusetts-lifts-mandate/36477816

Our TX Gov. Abbott opened Texas a few weeks ago, no masks indoors or outdoors anymore, yet most establishments still have a mask mandate in place.  I mentioned previously in here or a different thread,  that I counted only 6 people in Costco not wearing masks out of hundreds in the store.  All employees had masks on.  I don't get it?????

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Our TX Gov. Abbott opened Texas a few weeks ago, no masks indoors or outdoors anymore, yet most establishments still have a mask mandate in place.  I mentioned previously in here or a different thread,  that I counted only 6 people in Costco not wearing masks out of hundreds in the store.  All employees had masks on.  I don't get it?????

Maybe they do not depend on the Governor or the CDC to decide for them when to wear a mask.  

Edited by mo&fran
  • Like 5

Just now, mo&fran said:

Maybe they do not depend on the Governor to decide for them when to wear a mask.  

Indeed.  Costco employees and shoppers seem to be better informed on the continuing need to exercise some caution while the situation improves.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Massachusetts is one of the few states that still has a mask mandate.  Our Governor announced earlier this week that the mask mandate is up on May 29th and all other restrictions are being lifted with the exception of mass transit, healthcare facilities and a few other things.  All businesses can go to 100% capacity and all the businesses that have not been allowed to open yet can finally open.  Gradually stores are announcing that they are dropping their mask mandates on May 29th and follow the states guideline but time will tell.  Right now, I see 100% mask wearing inside but people are starting to not wear them outside as our state allowed a couple of weeks ago.  I am not sure what I am going to do once we can stop wearing them.  I have not had a single respiratory issue since this pandemic started but I have also isolated myself too.  Though I am fully vaccinated, I might be one of those mask wearing people in the grocery store.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Dani, thank you so much for thinking of me.  I've only seen one picture

of it that I found online.  I remember the curved bldg.  My sister-in-law took a picture from her balcony which looked much bigger than the ones in the bottom photo.  Where is it in the video?  BTW, my niece's husband is the Israeli Consulate to Jordan.  His wife gave me permission to mention it in here.  He served 2 years each in Beijing, Argentina, Moscow.  Quite a life they led until their kids started school and they had enough time away from Israel.

So glad baby sitting duty went well without incident. Beautiful view from DS2 balcony.

Never mind.  I saw the red arrow in the top photo. Jack liked the photos!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Though I am fully vaccinated, I might be one of those mask wearing people in the grocery store.

You should always do what makes you comfortable and what's right for you. I think lots of folks have gotten used to wearing the mask for so long they hesitate going maskless even after being double vaccinated. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

BTW, my niece's husband is the Israeli Consulate to Jordan. 

It's a great honor, and I'm sure he's very talented to get this Jordan [and Moscow] accreditation. Jordan, Egypt, Moscow are deemed "hard to serve" places, and, because of this, only the best get those jobs.

DS2 wanted to see the world after finishing his army service, and enrolled in a special course for "special agents" -- short for those who keep the VIPs safe. When he finished his training, he was given the choice between Jordan and Egypt, with the promise that after this "hard country", he will receive a "plum assignment".

He served 7 months in Cairo [I'm so sorry that we didn't grab the opportunity to visit Egypt while he was there] and then he had the choice between Brussels and Paris.

He took Brussels, because he was born there while we relocated there, and this time -- we visited him and went with him "down the memory lane".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

One of the grocery store chains here, Stop & Shop, has not changed their mask policy yet. Neither my money or I will be in there until they do.

I was surprised to read that Trader Joe’s dropped their mask requirement so soon. They were one of the strictest with masking, limiting customers, etc. 

It’s been a real mixed bag in FL.  Hardly anyone in the Keys wore masks. In Bonita Springs most stores have signs saying they’re required but many not wearing them. A few stores had signs saying if you’re fully vaxxed you don’t need to wear one.  Barely any spotted today in Siesta Key.  
it would be nice if things were consistent.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

Today is a very special tenth anniversary for me. On May 20, 2011 I smoked for the last time at exactly noon. Quit cold turkey. No drugs. Just will power. Never looked back. Never touched a cigarette since then. 

^ 5.  You're an inspiration.

Hats off to you!  DH tried many times to quit cold turkey & could not so I know how hard it can be.  He finally quit in 2008 with the help of Chantix.  

Our mask requirements have been hit or miss here.  Went to a restaurant on Sunday, and no masks required and no one was wearing one. 

Then went to Walmart on Monday, and they had taken their signs down.  I went in without one, but everyone in the store was still wearing one. 

Starbucks yesterday, and their sign said masks optional if vaccinated.  About 30% with no masks and 70% with.  

Today was Home Depot, and only saw 2 people in the store with a mask on.  

And finally, just came back from the dentist, and they still have their “mask required to enter” signs up.  That is one that never made sense, because everyone has to take that mask off in the chair.  

• Like 1

That truly deserves respect.  Congratulations.

jc

3 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

You should always do what makes you comfortable and what's right for you. I think lots of folks have gotten used to wearing the mask for so long they hesitate going maskless even after being double vaccinated. 

I am considering wearing a mask because of other germs, not so much covid.  I have a pre-existing condition and typically get bronchitis or pneumonia at least once a year, ending up on steroids, etc.  Masks and isolating has kept me healthy.  I am over isolating!  I might keep the mask for certain situations. 🙂 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I was surprised to read that Trader Joe’s dropped their mask requirement so soon. They were one of the strictest with masking, limiting customers, etc. 

It’s been a real mixed bag in FL.  Hardly anyone in the Keys wore masks. In Bonita Springs most stores have signs saying they’re required but many not wearing them. A few stores had signs saying if you’re fully vaxxed you don’t need to wear one.  Barely any spotted today in Siesta Key.  
it would be nice if things were consistent.

We went to a TJ’s in Little Rock back in February, and we had to stand in line outside for 30 minutes in the cold due to distancing requirements.  I am surprised they have dropped masks.

Congrats!

Funny how one remembers those dates.  I’m right  behind you, my last was Dec. 22, 2012 early morning before we headed out on our 24 hour drive to board the Monarch in PC for a B3B over Christmas and New Years. Like  you it was cold turkey, no drugs and a lot of will power.

• Like 1