Zaandam and Rotterdam -- Moving Forward (April 3, 2020)

CCHelp

49 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Coral Princess just docked in Miami.  EM

Local news reports that rerouting of Coral Princess from Port Everglades to PortMiami was at the direction of the Coast Guard...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, JVilleGal said:

Being reported on FB, SFO United refused to transport Australians headed home from Zaandam 🤬

2BF8AD41-4FCD-471B-A5ED-465081B2A1D5.jpeg

This is horrible!  If you get any more news about these passengers and how they are going to get home, please let us know.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, JVilleGal said:

Being reported on FB, SFO United refused to transport Australians headed home from Zaandam 🤬

2BF8AD41-4FCD-471B-A5ED-465081B2A1D5.jpeg

HAL please take good care of these folk. Get them home. They deserve for their ordeal to be over.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, summer slope said:

United should be ashamed of themselves.  Remember that when you need to book an airline.

How about asking for volunteers for the flight crew? I believe that those in the cockpit have to have a specific certification for this type of flight, but surely someone would volunteer.

I wonder if anyone at Carnival Corp or HAL knows Robert Kraft?

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Now I'm worried the rest of the passengers who flew to Paris, Toronto and even here at ATL were given the same treatment.😟

@dockman did your brother make it home safely? Is his ordeal over? Except perhaps for the worry about contracting the virus & luggage.

1 minute ago, cat shepard said:

How about asking for volunteers for the flight crew? I believe that those in the cockpit have to have a specific certification for this type of flight, but surely someone would volunteer.

I wonder if anyone on Carnival Corp or HAL knows Robert Kraft?

does anyone know if flight crews are wearing masks while working?  My last flight was 3 1/2 weeks ago and they didn't then on Delta, but things really spiraled downward since then so I am just wondering how they are protecting themselves on all these flights.

15 minutes ago, summer slope said:

United should be ashamed of themselves.  Remember that when you need to book an airline.

If you were a United pilot or flight attendant would you volunteer for their (12 hour) flight back?

Edited by need2cruisesoon
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

This is horrible!  If you get any more news about these passengers and how they are going to get home, please let us know.

Horrible indeed but not too surprising.  I had questioned the wisdom of using commercial flights for onward travel from Atlanta and San Francisco and this was one of the concerns.  Hope CCL steps up to the plate and comes up with a charter flight to Sydney for these poor folks, they must be exhausted.  

2 minutes ago, DFD1 said:

....Just when you think it can't get any worse....

My thought exactly!

People are afraid of passengers who have been on a ship with corona patients. I want to sceam at them (the idiots, not the passengers), what about the guy in line behind you? Do you know where HE has been? Do you know if HE has been social distancing? 

Just let these poor people get home! 

• Like 7

Just now, JVilleGal said:

A Carnival Rep should have been waiting for a group this size and should have had this type of issue handled Long before these folks ever arrived in SFO... unbelievable! 

You're right. It isn't like the plane showed up as a surprise. 

31 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

@dockman did your brother make it home safely? Is his ordeal over? Except perhaps for the worry about contracting the virus & luggage.

yes finally got home well after dark last night....not sure re baggage yet...so far still healthy...txs

• Like 15

25 minutes ago, need2cruisesoon said:

If you were a United pilot or flight attendant would you volunteer for their (12 hour) flight back?

Yes!  Because I have twice had first hand knowledge of HAL's quarantine practices, which are far superior to the so-called self isolation now being required by the various states.

Wasn't this United Flight a charter flight?

• Like 3

WOW! Think its time for Quantas and Air New Zeland to step up and fly empty planes to SFO to pick these people up and fly them home. With the equipment required to fly these routes it would be no problem to seat everyone accordingly for social distancing. 

Red Tails Forever!

Edited by rjbean4
  • Like 1