Now for something completely different

34 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Detention centre is the same place as asylum seekers first go while being assessed. Not as nice as  quarantine  hotel. He can leave (Australia) whenever he wants but is choosing to stay while he awaits a court decision on whether he may have a case on Monday.

To bad the ruby princess isn’t in town to lock the yugoslob up in .

12 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

To bad the ruby princess isn’t in town to lock the yugoslob up in .

Nasty nasty…but it may be true….

unfortunately all the anti-vaxers are supporting him..,

they may keep him there for a week if the court case takes time.   His choice!,,

eileen

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Docker123 said:

He is in a detention hotel under the control of the feds. And it is a disgrace.

It is used for refugees who have been to Australia from Nauru and Manus Island.

They don’t get to use a tennis court.

Neither does he, he is where he should be and is free to leave the country at any time he choses to do so.

• Like 1

Trouble seems to be that there are at least two other players that have been allowed to enter to play under “medical exemptions” giving weight to Djokovic’s case. Still trying to find who tho ……………

“We know of athletes that have applied for an exemption and in cases, it’s been granted.

“Some of those (players) have indicated that they’re here, but that’s up to the athlete, to disclose and [decide] whether they want to share that information.”

Source: https://www.tennis365.com/australian-open/unvaccinated-players-permission-australian-open-djokovic/

Edited by Porky55

13 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

Trouble seems to be that there are at least two other players that have been allowed to enter to play under “medical exemptions” giving weight to Djokovic’s case. Still trying to find who tho ……………

“We know of athletes that have applied for an exemption and in cases, it’s been granted.

“Some of those (players) have indicated that they’re here, but that’s up to the athlete, to disclose and [decide] whether they want to share that information.”

Source: https://www.tennis365.com/australian-open/unvaccinated-players-permission-australian-open-djokovic/

The ABC is reporting:

"Late on Friday, the ABC revealed that Czech player Renata Voráčová had also had her visa cancelled after being granted a similar exemption to Djokovic.

Voráčová was already in Australia and had taken part in a warm-up tournament but was taken to the Park Hotel after being informed by Australian Border Force officials that she must leave the country."

We stayed at the Park Hotel, Carlton when it was a Rydges Hotel, some 15 years ago on a trip to Melbourne. 4 star hotel back then and with Rydges loyalty program, you got a couple of free drinks, 20% off food and beverage. Also they had a seniors promo running complimentary buffet brekkie.

Alas, no more buffet brekkie and probably 2 star these days, run down.

Tomorrow (Sunday) my BF and I were supposed to going to see the show "The Wedding Singer". Received a message on Thursday advising, due to COVID, it has been rescheduled to 23/1. Luckily for us we have nothing else on for that day.

So Mr Djkovic made a false declaration, indicated he had not traveled in the 14 days prior to coming to OZ. But the immigration form conflicts with that. So he should be deported right now, anyone else would be. 

• Like 5

So it was covid booster day for me, now the whole family is boosted. Apparently the powers that be have decided that if you started with 2 Pfizer then the booster is Moderna. I do have a slight discomfort in my arm. One of my co-workers had his booster yesterday and wasn't at work today. I think he had a hard time with the first dose too.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

So it was covid booster day for me, now the whole family is boosted. Apparently the powers that be have decided that if you started with 2 Pfizer then the booster is Moderna. I do have a slight discomfort in my arm. One of my co-workers had his booster yesterday and wasn't at work today. I think he had a hard time with the first dose too.

My 91 year old father was having his booster this afternoon, eight year old granddaughter is having her 1st Pfizer this afternoon and eleven year old grandson next Wednesday. It will only be the three year old who will not be vaccinated. 

Hope you don't have too much trouble with your arm or any other side effects Lyle.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, possum52 said:

My 91 year old father was having his booster this afternoon, eight year old granddaughter is having her 1st Pfizer this afternoon and eleven year old grandson next Wednesday. It will only be the three year old who will not be vaccinated. 

Hope you don't have too much trouble with your arm or any other side effects Lyle.

One of my grandsons has his first Pfizer shot on Monday. He has absolutely no adverse after affects. I hope it is the same for your grandchildren.

BTW, his appointment was at the government centre (Entertainment Centre in South Brisbane). They had an appointment (11.45am) but he and his Mum had to wait 2.5 hours past their appointment time. I felt that wasn't good for young children. My grandson is 11 so he was OK with the delay, but for younger children or families with several children, it wouldn't be good.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

One of my grandsons has his first Pfizer shot on Monday. He has absolutely no adverse after affects. I hope it is the same for your grandchildren.

BTW, his appointment was at the government centre (Entertainment Centre in South Brisbane). They had an appointment (11.45am) but he and his Mum had to wait 2.5 hours past their appointment time. I felt that wasn't good for young children. My grandson is 11 so he was OK with the delay, but for younger children or families with several children, it wouldn't be good.

That is unfortunate, our local vaccination center is much smaller than the original location. I showed up about 20 minutes early for my 1635 hrs. appointment, there was a long line of mixed appointments. They would just call out appointment times and those with appointments went to the front. I got to check in at about 5 minutes after my appointment time. It was another short line for the next available jabber. I was sitting in the "wait for a reaction, or not" area by 1650 hrs. I think there is a different location or maybe different times for the pediatric doses, there were no younger people at that site.

2 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

That is unfortunate, our local vaccination center is much smaller than the original location. I showed up about 20 minutes early for my 1635 hrs. appointment, there was a long line of mixed appointments. They would just call out appointment times and those with appointments went to the front. I got to check in at about 5 minutes after my appointment time. It was another short line for the next available jabber. I was sitting in the "wait for a reaction, or not" area by 1650 hrs. I think there is a different location or maybe different times for the pediatric doses, there were no younger people at that site.

We had our shots at a private medical clinic. For our first, second and booster shots, we arrived around 5-10 minutes early and went in straight away and had the shots after a minimal wait.

2 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Hi Lyle,

Ice you arm off and on for the next few hours..it does help.  Good luck with no other reactions. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Mum ( 95 ) has had her booster... sore arm....   

We are booked for Booster at local clinic 28th Jan, what was the earliest available  

Going Food shopping soon, interested to see how bare the shelves are....

Don

Hope it is better than here Don...hardly any meat, veges, salad, eggs etc and no TP.  One of the reasons apart from covid isolating workers is an additional 200,000 tourists on top of the 20,000 locals, depleting the stocks.  Up in Townsville where my grand daughter is, it is dire, almost every shelf empty, apparently Cairns just as bad, apart from Covd isolating staff they have flooded roads from the cyclone.

I got a Woollies home delivery yesterday, out of 40 items, they substituted 8 items and could not substitute another 8, as no stocks (TP, GF bread, Mushrooms, eggs, tomatoes, lettuce, ice cream, long life milk, so refunds there.)

NOW..we could get all the CC'ers to report on the TP situation in their local area !!

Edited by NSWP

I went to Woolies yesterday. 1 pack of tp only.

I had gone to the chemist to get some pain med.  It will not be available until 7/2. Not helpful when on is hurting and has a 5 day supply. Chemist got a hold on the 1 box available at the other pharmacy. $10 more expensive.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

NOW..we could get all the CC'ers to report on the TP situation in their local area !!

is this what our life has become in 2022 🙂 

TP update for Penrith. For our delivery order this week, we couldn't order our usual 8 roll brand so had to order another brand (it's TP right? 🙂 ), & was only available is 20 roll pack, which came as ordered!

Actually our entire order was delivered as ordered, including steak & snags. I guess half of Penrith are down at Bateman's Bay buying up all Les' supply.

Stay safe mate, I'm still hoping to get down there next month, once all the tourists leave!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1