Oasis still coming to Bayonne??

bren61

3 minutes ago, Jarmo said:

😄 Doubt it, still sitting at $65 for my 6/14 on Oasis.  More likely they are trying to entice buyers on a cruise that miiiiiiiight happen.

Still $84 on my Jan 2021 Oasis sailing do I guess that cruise has a better chance than that $44 dollar cruise.☺

27 minutes ago, nemesees said:

Special drink packages right NOW!

$44 premium package

Still $65 for the 8/30 sailing.

6 hours ago, Fireworks77 said:

You wont see a cruise ship leave out of NY or NJ until 2021 at minimum.  Its the epicenter of this country’s outbreak.  Why increase any chances.  However, if the airlines are not flying at normal capacity. That will break the back of the cruise industry as well.

time to go back to charter fishing off the keys Again.

Sorry, but that's irrelevant for later this summer. Look what happened in Wuhan: they're open for business. Sure, things were bad in NYC but it looks like Gov Cuomo is taking a cautious approach. It's simple: if tourism (hotels and restaurants/bars, shows probably not) doesn't open this summer in NYC then you're right. But if there's no tourism season in the city it will be an absolutely bloodbath for small business. I have zero faith in Mayor Putz, but I think Cuomo (not a big fan of him in general, and don't think he handled the outbreak properly but no one did) will do the right thing. The city will be mostly open on the 4th of July, with restrictions.

3 minutes ago, exm said:

Sorry, but that's irrelevant for later this summer. Look what happened in Wuhan: they're open for business. Sure, things were bad in NYC but it looks like Gov Cuomo is taking a cautious approach. It's simple: if tourism (hotels and restaurants/bars, shows probably not) doesn't open this summer in NYC then you're right. But if there's no tourism season in the city it will be an absolutely bloodbath for small business. I have zero faith in Mayor Putz, but I think Cuomo (not a big fan of him in general, and don't think he handled the outbreak properly but no one did) will do the right thing. The city will be mostly open on the 4th of July, with restrictions.

With 10K in deaths and 130K in cases, its already a blood bath

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I am not sure I would look toward Wuhan, or any news coming out of China, as being relevant to anything.

Agreed, don't trust China. But the fact is that Wuhan IS open now.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, exm said:

Agreed, don't trust China. But the fact is that Wuhan IS open now.

So say the Chinese....

Wuhan Also did a full lockdown except for groceries.  Something we never did.

• Like 1

Why do people think Oasis will not come to Bayonne?

Are we talking 2020, next year, 2021.

WE have a GS for a 9 night carib. booked on Adventure this coming August...going to cancel.

Looking to re-schedule for next summer. Oasis is showing in Bayonne, a 9 night carib for end of July. That's 16 months from now.

People here think it will not happen?

3 hours ago, B-52 said:

Why do people think Oasis will not come to Bayonne?

Are we talking 2020, next year, 2021.

WE have a GS for a 9 night carib. booked on Adventure this coming August...going to cancel.

Looking to re-schedule for next summer. Oasis is showing in Bayonne, a 9 night carib for end of July. That's 16 months from now.

People here think it will not happen?

I am the OP & was just wondering if they are even going to bother bringing the Oasis  to Bayonne if the summer cruises are all cancelled? We have a booking for October 18th, and I hope they are back in full swing by then, but to bring a ship here for just 2 months, not sure that is going to happen, who knows!  

8 minutes ago, bren61 said:

I am the OP & was just wondering if they are even going to bother bringing the Oasis  to Bayonne if the summer cruises are all cancelled? We have a booking for October 18th, and I hope they are back in full swing by then, but to bring a ship here for just 2 months, not sure that is going to happen, who knows!  

Even if they bring it for a week, it will be worth it. Right now the ship is sitting empty somewhere.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, bren61 said:

Looking at the 2021 schedule for the summer, it was only scheduled for 2 months originally.

If it sails 1/2 capacity, is that such a bad thing?  Revenue is revenue.
Can't see how we can predict all summer cruises be cancelled over a year from now....this summer, maybe.

Also, doing a dummy booking to check availability for the category staterooms we want, many are taken.

Edited by B-52

2 minutes ago, B-52 said:

Looking at the 2021 schedule for the summer, it was only scheduled for 2 months originally.

If it sails 1/2 capacity, is that such a bad thing?  Revenue is revenue.
Can't see how we can predict all summer cruises be cancelled over a year from now....this summer, maybe.

Yes, this whole thread is referring to 2020, not 2021.

1 hour ago, bren61 said:

2 months is equivalent of 8 cruises and that is a significant amount. Even if half full, they may test their new guidelines (if any).

However, New Jersey May have a final say when disembarking if NJ even lifts the travel ban - far fetched but that area is considered USA epicenter.

On 4/21/2020 at 2:32 AM, exm said:

With the restrictions to remain in place i doubt cruising will occur this summer from the New York area either because it will be banned or the cruiselines will not take any risks. Just because the numbrs will eventually go down you need to keep various restrictions in place, I also heard beaches might not be opened in Long Island this year, and other measures to prevent a 2nd wave which could become even worse or in the case for the US at least as deadly.

Given that Cuomo is adamant about not making any decisions that would be labeled in the future as "imprudent," and the agreement that he has made with the Governors of NJ and CT to open up each state at the same rate and in the same way, I do not foresee there being any cruise ships arriving or leaving out of NY or NJ this summer. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MaritimeR&R said:

Given that Cuomo is adamant about not making any decisions that would be labeled in the future as "imprudent," and the agreement that he has made with the Governors of NJ and CT to open up each state at the same rate and in the same way, I do not foresee there being any cruise ships arriving or leaving out of NY or NJ this summer. 

Thoughts on Oasis out of Bayonne October 2020

I agree that there will be no summer cruises, but I am wondering about Sept & Oct & if they will bring the Oasis up to NJ for 2 months of sailing.  I sure hope so, but now I have another concern, my husband is 67, a retired coal miner & has lung nodules in both lungs. He's not on oxygen or inhalers, but did have fluid around his lungs last year and was treated for that, but recovered.  He's otherwise in great shape, exercises for 2 hours every day & then later in the day goes for a 3 mile walk, in way better shape than me!  So, will they deny him boarding if he is under 70, but has a history of lung issues?

2 hours ago, bren61 said:

So, will they deny him boarding if he is under 70, but has a history of lung issues?

Who gets denied, if any, may not be clear until ships are sailing with passengers for a while and may vary by port,etc.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, LorraineP said:

Thoughts on Oasis out of Bayonne October 2020

Governor of NJ has stated they are still weeks away from qualifying to enact Phase I of the White House Coronavirus recovery. From the way I understand it is supposed to work makes it seem logical that cruise ships would fall under Phase III (or later if additional phases are deemed necessary). Since each phase must have a minimum of 14 days of descending rates of hospitalization/death data between the current 3 Phases, an August opening of Cape Liberty is possible if there is a "perfect" descent. I don't know if I believe a "perfect" descent is possible given the difficulty many places are having in enforcing distancing policies and facemasks.   Any ascent will send the state back to qualifying for that Phase again and an ascent of sufficient magnitude could possibly send a state back to qualifying for Phase I enactment.  In a perfect world,  October sounds like a "go." However,  there is also the uncertainty of whether having antibodies truly does protect a person from being re-infected and for how long and if having the antibodies prevents you from being a carrier (as there have been people who are still testing positive after having had the virus) as well as the possibility of a second wave of infections headed our way in the fall.  So, those are my thoughts and my answer is "no one can know for sure."

10 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

It is amazing to me how many people are resisting the face mask regulation.  Most stores have signs:, no masks, gloves, no entry.  How hard is it to wear a mask???  We have been doing it since the beginning, can’t hurt.

I have been wearing a mask since this all started, but when I went to Sams Club this week for my major grocery shopping I ended up pulling my mask down over my nose to breathe, but kept my mouth covered, my glasses were fogging up & couldn't see. I am so over these masks, but will continue to do so until it is safe.  I don't mind when I am outside, as they don't fog as much and can tolerate it, but when inside stores, it's so annoying. If we have to wear a mask on the cruise, i'm paper punching a hole in the front of my mask that I can insert a straw to drink my cocktails and when it's not in use, I'll cover the hole with a little round bandaid, lol!!  Hey, gotta do what ya gotta do, haha!😷🍹🤪🍸

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am booked in August and fully believe it will not happen. I am not cancelling as I don't want to lose money or get credit. I have a feeling in the next couple of week they will cancel all cruises from NY/NJ as Carnival has already done (one because their ship wwouldn't be read and the other ship because NY/NJ are one of the epicenters). 

But lets say they don't cancel and the ships start to sail some point in the summer - I would just like to know something that should be obvious to all of us - How will they keep the staff safe? All it takes is one sneeze by the wrong person and a ships worth of people and staff can get infected. So if staff cannot be safe - why would they sail. I am assuming anyone who gets on the ship in the summer will not care for the risk and willing wave all liability to the cruise line (who would be so stupid?), but staff is not as disposable as the passengers willing to take a risk.