October 2020 will happen??

jusilva

No one knows for sure.

If I had to guess based off of info coming out that the virus isn't as deadly as first thought, and the interest of business and the President in reopening the economy, I would lean towards yes. Cruising may be one of those last areas they open up, but a lot can happen in the next 5 months. I'm considering booking something in August/September.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I don't think it will happen. I canceled my Panorama cruise for October. I just don't want to be hopeful and then disappointed again. This is the 3rd cruise in 1 year that I've either had to cancel or has been canceled.

Good luck to you on yours.

53 minutes ago, Gamecock_Cruiser said:

If it doesn't happen, then we can kiss cruising goodbye, because it will be a thing of the past...

This will never happen. However, we will not cruise until the virus is gone and they develop a vaccine

• Like 3

1 hour ago, coevan said:

This will never happen. However, we will not cruise until the virus is gone and they develop a vaccine

You dont think we wont cruise until a vaccine?   The development for that is 18 months to 2 years then ramp up to make 7 billion doses for the world and actually vaccinate them all...i dont see it.   That would take well over 2 to 3 years   

We are booked for august and again next march.    Crossing my fingers for august 🙂

• Like 1

I think you'll be cruising.  October is a long way off, a lot can change and I'm going to think positive.  I'm going in early December and some folks in my facebook group have been a bit nervous.  I hope to be reading your review and I certainly hope I'll also be sharing mine 🛳️  

I hope so!

I would have been getting home today from the first Alaskan sailing of the year. We are rebooked in August for a Caribbean instead. I was pretty optimistic when I rebooked, but lately I’m not. I run an essential business and people just aren’t staying in. I’ve already picked out a back-up back-up cruise for December. Since I paid with gift cards, I basically have to use it with CCL. 

4 hours ago, bingomamma19 said:

You dont think we wont cruise until a vaccine?   The development for that is 18 months to 2 years then ramp up to make 7 billion doses for the world and actually vaccinate them all...i dont see it.   That would take well over 2 to 3 years   

We are booked for august and again next march.    Crossing my fingers for august 🙂

we are not making doses for the entire world, ridiculous number. There are 320 million Americans, only 43% get the flu shot. I don't see any reason that would change. There are vaccine believers and there are not. Good luck with your August cruise. the real question is would you cruise if you HAD to wear a mask or social distance, which is not really possible. I don't think, I know for sure we will not walk on a floating petri dish until the virus is eradicated. 

Edited by coevan
sp

1 hour ago, coevan said:

we are not making doses for the entire world, ridiculous number. There are 320 million Americans, only 43% get the flu shot. I don't see any reason that would change. There are vaccine believers and there are not. Good luck with your August cruise. the real question is would you cruise if you HAD to wear a mask or social distance, which is not really possible. I don't think, I know for sure we will not walk on a floating petri dish until the virus is eradicated. 

We dont know when if ever a vaccine wpuld be made.   We dont know which country will discover it if found...and there is certainly not going to be a way we would make it only for the US..the world will make a pact to share.  This virus wont be eradicated for years...even if there is ever a vaccine...only about 40 percent would even get it.  So how would that make it go away?

I have a spa balcony cabin...i enjoy sitting there listening to the water...i will be on there in a heartbeat.   I dont stay home now..i wont be afraid to be on a ship.    As seen by the demand of future cruises, i think many others also cant wait

Edited by bingomamma19

On 4/27/2020 at 8:48 PM, coevan said:

And what happens if the cruise lines say you have to prove that you've had the shot to board.  That eliminates the non believers.  I agree that the wearing of the masks is not possible.   How do you drink and eat with a mask on?  How do they keep people six feet apart in the dining rooms and clubs?