Percentage of people dressing formally on Oasis/Allure on formal night

I haven't been on Oasis or Allure, but I was on Ovation last summer.  I think that a lot of the bigger ships have a lot of families on them, and most of the time, there is a wide variety of dress on formal nights.  Some go all out.  Some don't.  

3 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

Not my experience but maybe European sailings are different. 

Oh, please share your experience with the European sailings...we (hopefully) have a British Isles cruise next summer.

We were on Oasis in late February and I would estimate 33% dressed formally and another 33% dressed nicely meaning slacks and collared shirt for men and nice dress or slacks/capris with nice top for women. 

There were quite a few families where everyone was dressed in their best, especially the little girls in their adorable girly outfits. 

Edited by blueridgemama
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, blueridgemama said:

We were on Oasis in late February and I would estimate 33% dressed formally and another 33% dressed nicely meaning slacks and collared shirt for men and nice dress or slacks/capris with nice top for women. 

There were quite a few families where everyone was dressed in their best, especially the little girls in their adorable girly outfits. 

And the other 34%???
m

1 minute ago, blueridgemama said:

They asked how many were dressed formally😊 

You provided 33% for formal, 33%  for dressed nicely.  It was very nice of you to provide more than they asked.       So, I wondered about the other 34%.
m

We have done a Oasis sailing in the Caribbean and would guess 15% are formal with another 60% of adults dressed nicely.  Kids are hit and miss. Totally different in the Med or on a Oasis class TA. Lots of formal wear from Europeans as well as a dozen or more in Kilts.  Westbound  TA on Allure, Symphony and Independence had a lot of formal dress, Eastbound TA on Oasis very different, same as a Caribbean cruise.  One big difference on a Oasis Class TA is they sail with many more older adults and sail with 1500 or so fewer kids.  

1 hour ago, erinsmom03 said:

Oh, please share your experience with the European sailings...we (hopefully) have a British Isles cruise next summer.

A lot of the itineraries are port intensive which, I believe, contributes to less people dressing up.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

We were on harmony in January.  At least 3/4 people dressed up.  Ladies, cocktail attire few gowns dressy pants with tops. Men suits sports coats a few tuxs. Some regular informal attire

I was also on the Harmony in Jan -Fed.    And would say there were many people dressed up formal.    Also many casual dressy   And a few nice shorts and button ups.  
40% formal 40%dress casual 15% nice shorts and dress shirts.5% Walmart/ beach attire.  
lololol.   

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

You provided 33% for formal, 33%  for dressed nicely.  It was very nice of you to provide more than they asked.       So, I wondered about the other 34%.
m

I would say the others were dressed in shorts or other very informal wear. I don't remember seeing anyone dressed down so much to be offensive (like cut off jeans and wife beater shirts)

I enjoyed seeing the ones dressed in formal wear as you don't get to see that at your local restaurants😊

On the Allure last June, my last cruise due to one being cancelled, my husband and son-in-law wore suits and my daughter and I both wore long dresses. My 5 year old granddaughter had on a long dress and looked beautiful and my 3 year old grandson had on a tux and was so handsome - the kids were made over by many people, not just older people.  We did not seem at all in the minority, so maybe 50% dressed up. Nicely dressed were 35% and maybe 15% in quite casual dress. I was surprised after reading these boards that so many did dress formally. My daughter enjoys dressing up, and I enjoyed a rare night in a long dress, so we were dressing formally anyway, even if we were in the minority. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, boogybaby said:

We are on the allure transatlantic in November and will be taking formal wear eg tuxedo for my husband and long dresses for me. We never feel out of place 

Truly hope all is a go for you.  We did the L&S last week to Harmony 2021.  Last few Westbound TA'S always ended up with a few Brits at our large table, even with three formal nights they always dressed to a 10.  Last TA on Symphony we had a Scott at our table wearing a kilt,  took about 5 days to understand his Glaswegian. He thought my American accent was close to impossible to understand.   

2 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

m

The other's have been out working in the yard :classic_rolleyes: