Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

3 hours ago, DanishViking said:

Dag nabbit! Why only have it up for 5 days I never got the email, even though I used to.

Grmbl

They are being pretty tight with that ONE Captains Club point. I can see where some need the one or two points needed to move up.  We move up one level with help from the PUP points conversions.

Good  luck and I would for sure check with CC to make sure you are on  their distribution list.

Edited by shipshape sam

15 hours ago, DanishViking said:

Dag nabbit! Why only have it up for 5 days I never got the email, even though I used to.

Grmbl

A friend who gets them all the time did not get hers this time.  I had to forward my link to her.  Glad I follow this Board.  

On 7/28/2023 at 1:58 AM, shipshape sam said:

They are being pretty tight with that ONE Captains Club point. I can see where some need the one or two points needed to move up.  We move up one level with help from the PUP points conversions.

Good  luck and I would for sure check with CC to make sure you are on  their distribution list.

I didn't even bother this time. Next week I'll earn another 90 points after the Apex sailing, and then it's Elite Plus with 810 total points. Any further collecting is probably moot, considering there is nothing between e+ and Zenith (which I won't reach unless I hit the jackpot in the lottery).

3 hours ago, Fly and Sail said:

I didn't even bother this time. Next week I'll earn another 90 points after the Apex sailing, and then it's Elite Plus with 810 total points. Any further collecting is probably moot, considering there is nothing between e+ and Zenith (which I won't reach unless I hit the jackpot in the lottery).

This is how we feel as well even though there has been talk about a new level. That would likely be about 2000 at a guess

47 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

As far as I know, the only talk is on Cruise Critic. Celebrity has never hinted at it.

I agree. We have suggested it because being 2000 points from Zenith is insurmountable because we won't cruise exclusively on Celebrity and life expectancy. There has never been any indication from Celebrity about adding a new tier.  

9 hours ago, Fly and Sail said:

If you hit the jackpot, you may not want to cruise on Celebrity anyway. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

If you hit the jackpot, you may not want to cruise on Celebrity anyway. 

Depends on the size of the jackpot. 😄

Actually, based on the speed and math of recent years, I could theoretically hit Zenith before I'm 50. It took me four years, including 18 months pandemic, to rack up 810 points. I'm having my 40th in January. The downside: I'm getting bored of X and can't fathom spending as much time on ships for the next 10 years. I only enjoyed it so much because, during the pandemic ships were empty.

21 minutes ago, Fly and Sail said:

The downside: I'm getting bored of X and can't fathom spending as much time on ships for the next 10 years. I only enjoyed it so much because, during the pandemic ships were empty.

I hear you.  I have a similar experience.  I worked hard to make Elite status on another cruise line.  Shortly thereafter they sold off their small ships that I liked so much and started adding bigger and bigger ones to their fleet.  Now I don't sail that line any more.  I'm looking for a new favorite line, but I'm getting too old to make top tier on other loyalty programs.

10 hours ago, Fly and Sail said:

If you hit the jackpot, call me, as I've been w/one of the big Wall Street firms for north of 3 decades.

While none of my clients have ever hit the jackpot or lottery, one of my former clients (RIP) actually was the head of a state lottery and signed the checks for the lotto winners.  I used to half-jokingly beg for him to refer some lottery winners to me, but he said he couldn't do that, as it was a conflict of interest.  Darn it!

54 minutes ago, islandwoman said:

I hear you.  I have a similar experience.  I worked hard to make Elite status on another cruise line.  Shortly thereafter they sold off their small ships that I liked so much and started adding bigger and bigger ones to their fleet.  Now I don't sail that line any more.  I'm looking for a new favorite line, but I'm getting too old to make top tier on other loyalty programs.

Have you tried the Oceania line? We're sailing on Vista, this coming December 2023 and February 2025. Love it! Wait till you see these perks/rewards in the att.

100.jpg

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

If you hit the jackpot, call me, as I've been w/one of the big Wall Street firms for north of 3 decades.

While none of my clients have ever hit the jackpot or lottery, one of my former clients (RIP) actually was the head of a state lottery and signed the checks for the lotto winners.  I used to half-jokingly beg for him to refer some lottery winners to me, but he said he couldn't do that, as it was a conflict of interest.  Darn it!

I would never take “the check” but rather the annuity. Unless it’s California, I want my money from them right away as I have solvency concerns with that state. 🫣

Just got home yesterday from a one week cruise on Royal and found the PUP email. When I tried to answer the quiz, I found it to be expired. And we were just at "Perfect Day at Coco Cay", too. Sadly I just lost out on a point.  This certainly was a short window to finish this PUP.  

Evelyn

13 hours ago, Fly and Sail said:

I still do the PUP points as I do learn things.  We are at 855 and have no expectation of making 3,000.  Reality is we are now sailing more on Royal due to granddaughter and her family.  Also tried HAL Rotterdam this year and loved how they did musical entertainment  at night so we have booked another Rotterdam sailing.

Celebrity has their pluses and will miss those features/benfits, but the musical entertainment on HAL wins, at least for now. 😁

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

It’s time to start the points watch.  Who will be first to report new points.  Maybe we’ll even get a chance for some additional points.

I would take a few additional points. 

After my 3 booked cruises I will still be 126 points shy of Elite+.

😄

13 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

I'm Elite plus but yet booked a Princess cruise for January 2024.  

Are we allowed to sail on another line? 😀    You won't get those valuable points on Celebrity.

I am wondering how much a Power Up Point may actually be worth.  In the airline frequent flier programs,  it has been estimated that each point or mile is worth a little over 1 cent.  

46 minutes ago, keesar said:

Are we allowed to sail on another line? 😀    You won't get those valuable points on Celebrity.

I am wondering how much a Power Up Point may actually be worth.  In the airline frequent flier programs,  it has been estimated that each point or mile is worth a little over 1 cent.  

Same itinerary same week and cabin category at half the cost. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, keesar said:

If you're a point from Elite, they're worth, maybe, a little...

For a lot of us, they are virtually worthless...

I am Elite plus...but, even after my currently booked cruises, I'll still be just over 1,500 points from Zenith!  So picking up a handfull of PUP points is like getting a Fifty Cents Off coupon towards the purchase of a Mercedes Benz...

But, for the rest of you, what does making it to "the next level" really mean?  With All-inclusive pricing, the only real perk you get is a bag of laundry.   Even without AI, the proliferation of Elite members has already caused Celebrity to do away with the Elite Lounge...So, if you can get a server to take your order in an overcrowded bar (and not the MDR if you eat dinner in that time frame), you  may get a free $10 drink or two...Oh, just not on the first night...

As far as cruising other lines?  May be well worth it.  We just came thisclose to booking a cruise on Princess.  For about $60 extra per person per night, they were offering a Premium drink package ($20 per drink limit), 4 device wifi, gratuities and two free specialty restaurant nights per person.  Pricing blew away the AI pricing on Celebrity for same length cruise...and with better perks.  If I get very limited Captains Club perks or very high premiums for AI on Celebrity, it makes Princess all that much more attractive.

Edited by Bruin Steve
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1