Received latitude points for a cancelled cruise?

Peachypooh

I was checking my NCL account and noticed that they gave me points for the

cruise I was supposed to go on in May? It doesn't really change anything because

I am already Platinum Plus and probably will never make Ambassador  but

I thought it was odd. Anyone else?

• Like 1

cruise I was supposed to go on in May? It doesn't really change anything because
Lucky you! Take it and run.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Peachypooh said:

Shhhhh... Be very, very quite about it

• Like 1

This has been reported for months.    Will add to the top heavy Latitudes program.    

of course it can be removed later.    

I’ll be getting an “extra “. 38 points.   Unfortunately- worthless for me.   🤩

No double points awarded for my cancelled cruise.  We were in a suite, which should have had double points.  But, I'll take what I get.

Also, be aware that double points for suites are evidently no longer available.  We pushed a cruise out to 2022 and lost the double points even though we are in Haven.  Deposit also has increased.

5 hours ago, drvmywifecrzy said:

anyone gotten double points like the promo was for your cruise?

Yes, our cancelled May cruise had the double points promo (the LATITUDES code). We each received the double points in our accounts a day or two after the cruise was supposed to have ended. Doesn't help us much, as we turned Platinum Plus in September and the gap to get to Ambassador is huge. But, I guess every little bit helps!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hearthosesteeldrumsplayin said:

No double points awarded for my cancelled cruise.  We were in a suite, which should have had double points.  But, I'll take what I get.

Also, be aware that double points for suites are evidently no longer available.  We pushed a cruise out to 2022 and lost the double points even though we are in Haven.  Deposit also has increased.

NCL's website is still showing 1 additional point for Haven and Suites.

1 hour ago, akmarshall said:

. Doesn't help us much, as we turned Platinum Plus in September and the gap to get to Ambassador is huge. But, I guess every little bit helps!

Yep.  And that’s hardly any benefit. 🤩🤩.    Plus it’s loaded with thousands of qualifiers.  It’s not that hard to get.    🤩   I don’t see how,  in the future,  they will be able to manage a top heavy sailing?      

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Budget Queen said:

Yep.  And that’s hardly any benefit. 🤩🤩.    Plus it’s loaded with thousands of qualifiers.  It’s not that hard to get.    🤩   I don’t see how,  in the future,  they will be able to manage a top heavy sailing?      

I agree. There's no real incentive to get to Ambassador. There's the one-time 7-day "free" cruise, but there should be more of a benefit when you get to that level.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, akmarshall said:

I agree. There's no real incentive to get to Ambassador. There's the one-time 7-day "free" cruise, but there should be more of a benefit when you get to that level.

There’s little for P+.  🤩🤩.    
That “free” cruise was only of any value for me-  on the POA.  And-  worse-  you can’t use Cruise Next.   🤩.  

Personally-  I’d rather have nothing and lower rates.    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

NCL added Latitude points to our accounts from our cancelled  May cruise.  We don’t expect to take advantage of the new Latitude Platinum Plus tier since we discovered and cruised on HAL and Oceania ships in 2019. Especially since HAL offers many cruise opportunities from San Diego! 

On 6/17/2020 at 5:45 PM, BirdTravels said:

Shhhhh... Be very, very quite about it

Allow me to correct your pronunciation.

"Be vewwy vewwy quiet about it."

(also, look out for wabbits)

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, casofilia said:

My indication is that the answer is that there should not have been any points given.

I mentioned it to our NCL guy in one of our calls and he told me its expected, not a big deal for them.

Edited by Comi.uy
  • Like 1

I received double latitude points for my cancelled cruise. I am just going to assume it was a mistake

and NCL will reverse them when they get caught up with everything else. I don't have the time to sit on the

phone to notify them however if I re-book I will mention it.

2 hours ago, Ticatraveler said:

I received points for only one of my two canceled cruises. 

Are both canceled cruises in the past? My points (and all other reports I've seen) were posted when they would have if the cruise hadn't been canceled - within a couple days after the scheduled debarkation date.  If one of your canceled cruises is still in the future, you may have to wait until after the scheduled debarkation date to see the points (but obviously, there's no guarantee of that).  

I did also see a rumor (just a rumor - I have no direct knowledge of this), that only cruises that you accept FCC will get points - you won't get them if you request a refund (although I honestly have no idea how they would make that work, since they're issuing FCC automatically to people....).

I've had points for my canceled cruise for 2 months now, but I'm still not counting on them - I'm still concerned NCL will take them back.