Cancelled August cruise. What now?

Until Royal officially cancels the cruise, the options will be listed on their website.  Don’t be too quick and cancel on your own, or you may just get the standard 100% FCC.

We didn't want to make full payment for our Alaska cruise because the amount was huge, for four of us. We cancelled before RCI cancelled us and made a claim through our insurance. It didn't make sense for us to tie up that much in FCC that we may never use. We made the call and yes, lost some of it but we will not be cruising again, sadly.

1 hour ago, Langley Cruisers said:

We didn't want to make full payment for our Alaska cruise because the amount was huge, for four of us. We cancelled before RCI cancelled us and made a claim through our insurance. It didn't make sense for us to tie up that much in FCC that we may never use. We made the call and yes, lost some of it but we will not be cruising again, sadly.

Hello friend....Sorry to hear you won't be cruising again and hoping it's not due to your health....but rather out of caution.

• Like 2

I just sent an email to my TA... 

Our cruise was September on Grandeur. I don't know what our options would be for a lift and shift since Grandeur won't be with the fleet anymore. 

If I don't like the L&S options, I will probably take the 125% FCC

Until Royal officially cancels the cruise, the options will be listed on their website.  Don’t be too quick and cancel on your own, or you may just get the standard 100% FCC.

Looks like cancelled as I just checked and you can’t book August anymore. Does that mean a 125% credit?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

6 minutes ago, LilBlackDress said:

Our cruise was September on Grandeur. I don't know what our options would be for a lift and shift since Grandeur won't be with the fleet anymore. 

L&S does not have to be the same ship.  

1 minute ago, brenderlou said:

Looks like cancelled as I just checked and you can’t book August anymore. Does that mean a 125% credit?

You will not get 125% because RC did not cancel your sailing.  You cancelled to early.  Not being able to book August is not an official cancellation.  As of today,  RC only announced sailings are cancelled through July 31st.  

You are eligible for a 100% FCC.  Although you cancelled, you may be able to call and lift and shift.  RC is under no obligation to do this as your reservation is now cancelled. 

I am totally depressed.  Just called my travel agent and cancelled 10 of the 15 cruises I had booked this year.  I had already had 5 others cancelled.  Now I have nothing until Nov 22, not sure I can survive that long.  I would have made Pinnacle in February, but now who knows....I hate this damn virus.

Brenda

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, crusinthrough said:

You will not get 125% because RC did not cancel your sailing.  You cancelled to early.  Not being able to book August is not an official cancellation.  As of today,  RC only announced sailings are cancelled through July 31st.  

You are eligible for a 100% FCC.  Although you cancelled, you may be able to call and lift and shift.  RC is under no obligation to do this as your reservation is now cancelled. 

I don't see anywhere where the poster said they already cancelled, just that it looks like their sailing will be cancelled because Royal pulled it from sale (plus the industry is shut down until September).  They should get offered 125% as soon as Royal officially cancels it.

33 minutes ago, timf2001 said:

I don't see anywhere where the poster said they already cancelled, just that it looks like their sailing will be cancelled because Royal pulled it from sale (plus the industry is shut down until September).  They should get offered 125% as soon as Royal officially cancels it.

Agree...and once RCI cancels they'll get an email from them and the offer..We did when they cancelled our May 3, 2020 cruise.

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

Hello friend....Sorry to hear you won't be cruising again and hoping it's not due to your health....but rather out of caution.

Hello my friend, and thank you. It's actually both - my illness and the precautions I need to take are the reasons we can't cruise, or fly, or travel anymore, really. Well... maybe a road trip to a vineyard somewhere fabulous? 😊🍷

• Like 3

1 hour ago, puerto penasco lady said:

I am totally depressed.  Just called my travel agent and cancelled 10 of the 15 cruises I had booked this year.  I had already had 5 others cancelled.  Now I have nothing until Nov 22, not sure I can survive that long.  I would have made Pinnacle in February, but now who knows....I hate this damn virus.

Brenda

This is the most Cruise Critic-est post ever.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

I didn’t cancel just found out from news that our cruise is cancelled

Thanks!!!!!

5 hours ago, crusinthrough said:

My mistake, if you didn't cancel you will get the 125% FCC.

At this point, the 125% is just an assumption based on what they have offered for other canceled cruises.  The website says they will share details next week.

10 hours ago, Langley Cruisers said:

{{{Karen}}}  🧡

• Like 1

9 hours ago, puerto penasco lady said:

Now I have nothing until Nov 22, not sure I can survive that long.  I would have made Pinnacle in February, but now who knows....I hate this damn virus.

Brenda

We are on a Nov 22 cruise as well. I am upset because I expect this to be canceled as well sometime in Oct.

15 hours ago, LilBlackDress said:

I would be interested in hearing what sailing options they offer you for L and S. Keep us updated. And good luck.

I saw someone who posted what looks like a text with a rcl agent who told her rcl will be sending out cancellations on tuesday.

So ya all might have to wait until then. Carnival says it will make announcement monday, which doesnt mean for sure cancellations will be sent Monday but possibly.

Just saying I'm reading tuesday for rcl.

Then there is the question of what happens to the Cruise Planner Credits that were applied to these cruises from other cancelled cruises.  Hope they would just become another Cruise Planner Credit ( or just loaded back to the original numbers).  But language of the original emails were that these were now non-refundable OBC.  We had applied all but around $300 to new cruises that will be in this latest group of cancelled cruises.

On 6/20/2020 at 11:29 AM, Arzeena said:

I would be interested in hearing what sailing options they offer you for L and S. Keep us updated. And good luck.

My TA basically said we have to wait for Royal to make their official announcement on tomorrow (Tuesday) 

I will post back when I find out more 🙂