Yes?No? No OBC for repeat COVID cancellations this time around?

Our TA was told by the Carnival rep that we would get only the refund or future cruise credit for our COVID-canceled cruise (Sept 14) but wouldn't get the extra OBC we got the first time our cruise was Covid-cancelled cruise (August).  I advised her to not take any action on our behalf since I'm not so sure that's right.  I wanted to come here and hear what others are experiencing.  We all know Carnival's reps aren't always consistently providing the same information. 

The way I understand it is if you take the FCC you will get 300. or 600. OBC depending on the length of the cruise being cancelled now.

If your cancelled cruise had the 300.  or 600. OBC because it too replaced a Corona cancelled cruise, that amount will not carry forward.

I hope this makes sense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bury me at sea said:

The way I understand it is if you take the FCC you will get 300. or 600. OBC depending on the length of the cruise being cancelled now.

If your cancelled cruise had the 300.  or 600. OBC because it too replaced a Corona cancelled cruise, that amount will not carry forward.

I hope this makes sense.

Yes, I think I get it.  I just thought I remember other people getting the OBC on each Covid-canceled cruise when they chose the FCC. 

Edited by Silent Penguin

45 minutes ago, BroadwayGirl said:

They aren’t stackable. You get the 300/600 but you can’t stack your 300/600 from the first reschedule with the second 300/600. 

Yup. I agree. You max out at $300 or $600. 

My experience:

8 day cruise in April - cancelled

Rebooked to a 7 day cruise in September - received a $600 OBC as a bonus for rebooking the cancelled cruise

September cruise cancelled

Rebooked to a 7 day cruise in January - received one $600 OBC as a bonus for rebooking the cancelled September cruise.  The bonus OBC from my September cruise could not be rolled over into my new January cruise.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, whatnow53548 said:

We had an onboard credit that was not related to a covid cancellation. Does anyone know if that would roll over to the new cruise along with the $600 or do we lose that previous amount when we accept the $600.

Depends what it's for. I had $100 obc for booking early saver I'm worried I will lose.

My previous obc was $250 because our cruise on the Mardi Gras was cancelled because the ship was not going to be ready. The cruise that we rebooked has now been cancelled due to the Covid. So we are wondering if we are going to lose the $250 or if it will stack onto the $600

Edited by whatnow53548
clarify information

I have a different but similar question- My November 21 cruise was booked with $600 FCC from our ill-fated Vista cruise last year... our outstanding balance is ~$1650 after the $250 deposit... so all in we're $1900 plus the $600 FCC (total cost of cruise is $2500). 

If our cruise is canceled, how much will we get in FCC? $1900 or $2500? (separate from the $600 OBC). In other words, will they credit us for the future cruise credit from the last cruise so we can afford to get the aft wrap that we were hoping for on this upcoming cruise? Or will we only get the amount we paid out of pocket?

I read the Carnival site but it doesn't address this specific issue, and I read a bunch of posts here but couldn't find that particular scenario spelled out... and I really don't want to spend 3 hours on hold with Carnival to find out!

Edited by Shaded Lady

2 minutes ago, Shaded Lady said:

I have a different but similar question- My November 21 cruise was booked with $600 FCC from our ill-fated Vista cruise last year... our outstanding balance is ~$1600 after the $250 deposit... so all in we're $1900 plus the $600 FCC (total cost of cruise is $2500). 

If our cruise is canceled, how much will we get in FCC? $1900 or $2500? (separate from the $600 OBC). In other words, will they credit us for the future cruise credit from the last cruise so we can afford to get the aft wrap that we were hoping for on this upcoming cruise? Or will we only get the amount we paid out of pocket?

I read the Carnival site but it doesn't address this specific issue, and I read a bunch of posts here but couldn't find that particular scenario spelled out... and I really don't want to spend 3 hours on hold with Carnival to find out!

The obc from rebooking for sure doesnt stack. You get a new obc when you rebook.

Otherwise, people would book 3 cruises during no sail order knowing they for sure get cancelled and stack up a bunch of obc for rebooking. The $600 is gone, but you get a new obc for rebooking.

My experience: 

March cruise Carnival cancelled/COVID.  Carnival September re-book Carnival cancelled/COVID.  

My $600 COVID OBC rolled forward. On this last Wednesday I called and had my FCC transferred to a future March 2022 booking. Which they did, its an 8 day cruise. So, I do have a bit if a balance even with the FCC.   They also rolled that original $600 OBC to that cruise. 

I just couldn’t book another cruise that could be cancelled. Nobody’s fault, just figured use that March/Sept Cruise $$ towards paying on FUTURE Cruise! 😁   

I have a December & April ‘21 cruises, out of California. Hoping for the best .....

🛳🛳

Bobbi

Edited by Markmom18

25 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

The obc from rebooking for sure doesnt stack. You get a new obc when you rebook.

Otherwise, people would book 3 cruises during no sail order knowing they for sure get cancelled and stack up a bunch of obc for rebooking. The $600 is gone, but you get a new obc for rebooking.

My question was not about OBC but FCC... will they credit my FCC from the previous cruise or not? That’s what I’m trying to find out...

2 hours ago, Shaded Lady said:

I have a different but similar question- My November 21 cruise was booked with $600 FCC from our ill-fated Vista cruise last year... our outstanding balance is ~$1650 after the $250 deposit... so all in we're $1900 plus the $600 FCC (total cost of cruise is $2500). 

My first cruise was cancelled, so I rolled it to a second cruise.  Part of the second cruise included a FCC from the first.  When my second cruise was cancelled, the FCC rolled to the third.  The amount of FCC that rolled to my third cruise was the same as the amount listed in my email for that second cruise as credit/coupons.

This is from me email for my second cruise that ended up being cancelled:

Itemized Charges
Cruise Rate                                $2,116.00
Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses $   241.28
Total Cruise Charges                $2,357.28
Optional Charges
Prepaid Gratuities                      $  223.84
Total Optional Charges             $  223.84
Total Charges                             $2,581.12

Payments and Credits               $1,206.00
Payments Received                   $1,297.12
Total Payments and Credits     $2,503/12

The $1,206.00 listed as payments and credits (which was the FCC I received from the previous cancelled cruise) was then the FCC I got to use toward my next cruise once this was cancelled.

Edited by TNcruising02

6 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Depends what it's for. I had $100 obc for booking early saver I'm worried I will lose.

You will loose any promotional OBC for a booking no matter the rate, if that same rate isn't avaliable. 

For example: September 6th Pride cruise canceled, PIF + $100 OBC for booking promo. 

Rolled it into a December 12th Horizon cruise and payments are as follows: Total Amount paid for canceled cruise + $600 OBC for cancellation + $50 OBC from the promo I booked that one under. 

I don't know many other lines promo's, but carrying it over would be like, booking 4 people with an NCL or RCCL "kids sale free promo" then changing to one that doesn't have it and expecting them to allow (using NCL for example) you to still have KSF during Spring Break or a summer cruise. 

Even all cruises if booked at the same time (at least with Carnival for sure) don't have the same Promo's available. When I booked the Price for September, there was that $100 promo you were talking about; but it wasn't an option at all on my October 2021 Legend Cruise or I would have price matched my ES to that one. 

2 hours ago, Jasalth said:

You will loose any promotional OBC for a booking no matter the rate, if that same rate isn't avaliable. 

I'm not sure that's completely true.  I had a September 2020 cruise booked under Early Saver that came with a $100 promotional OBC.  When I rebooked for February 2021, I booked Early Saver again, but under a reduced deposit.  The Carnival rep gave me the $600 OBC for rebooking, as well as the $100 promotional OBC  (even though I took a reduced deposit fare, instead of the $50 OBC fare they had going right now) from the cancelled cruise.  I didn't question it, but my confirmation email shows $700 in OBC. 

11 hours ago, whatnow53548 said:

My previous obc was $250 because our cruise on the Mardi Gras was cancelled because the ship was not going to be ready. The cruise that we rebooked has now been cancelled due to the Covid. So we are wondering if we are going to lose the $250 or if it will stack onto the $600

I have this exact same situation and wonder the same thing. 

8 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

My first cruise was cancelled, so I rolled it to a second cruise.  Part of the second cruise included a FCC from the first.  When my second cruise was cancelled, the FCC rolled to the third.  The amount of FCC that rolled to my third cruise was the same as the amount listed in my email for that second cruise as credit/coupons.

This is from me email for my second cruise that ended up being cancelled:

Itemized Charges
Cruise Rate                                $2,116.00
Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses $   241.28
Total Cruise Charges                $2,357.28
Optional Charges
Prepaid Gratuities                      $  223.84
Total Optional Charges             $  223.84
Total Charges                             $2,581.12

Payments and Credits               $1,206.00
Payments Received                   $1,297.12
Total Payments and Credits     $2,503/12

The $1,206.00 listed as payments and credits (which was the FCC I received from the previous cancelled cruise) was then the FCC I got to use toward my next cruise once this was cancelled.

Thanks TNCruising- that's the info I was looking for!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Cruisesfun65 said:

I received $200 OBC for Mardi Gras not being ready for TA cruise.  I rebooked an Alaskan cruise and the $200 did transfer.  That was cancelled so I rebooked an Aug cruise and the $200 did transfer along with $600 OBC.  Now have another cruise booked (booked before Aug cancelled) which the FCC was transferred to along with $600 OBC.  TA submitted paperwork to have the $200 from Mardi Gras applied.  Waiting for it to show 

On 6/28/2020 at 9:58 PM, whatnow53548 said:

18 hours ago, Cruisesfun65 said:

The $200 OBC given from the Mardi Gras cancellations will follow you to your next booking(s). We originally rebooked on a Radiance Bermuda cruise (canceled), rebooked on a Sunrise 9 day Journeys cruise (canceled), then rebooked on the Horizon ABC cruise next April. The $200 OBC has followed us on each rebooked cruise, along with the $600 OBC from the Covid cancellations. 😎

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2020 at 2:23 PM, BroadwayGirl said:

They aren’t stackable. You get the 300/600 but you can’t stack your 300/600 from the first reschedule with the second 300/600. 

Or maybe  OBC is stackable (if I'm using the term correctly).   Here is the email I got from our TA yesterday.  

631431939_Septcruisecancelemail.gif.ccb922b498f654c781c254a9305d6d42.gif

I'd question that. It all depends on what that previous OBC was for. It's only stackable if the previous OBC wasn't OBC given as a rebooking bonus due to a cancellation.  The new cancellation bonus, supercedes the previous rebooking/cancellation bonus offer...says so right on the letter.  

Edited by BroadwayGirl
  • Like 1