New HAL President

frankc98376

Slight half-glass empty view here. He was the COO of Carnival cruise lines, which may lead to more "mass-marketization" of HAL. Certainly hope that won't be the case as he has very impressive credentials hinting he may recognize that the two lines aren't the same.

Edited by vicd1969

14 minutes ago, taxmantoo said:

I feel a refreshing wave of optimism coming to HAL ... let's hope this will benefit long-time HAL cruisers as well as develop a new following.

I feel the same way 🙂 

Thanks for passing this along.

I wish him smooth sailing ahead.......

With the exception of the consulting background, past experience with Carnival looks like a good fit for Holland America.  

Coming from Carnival, I hope he's not planning on turning HAL into a Fun Ship line.

What I would like to see is the main showroom with more acts and production shows and some live music in the Ocean Bar. Please no more BBC eco videos in the showroom, I can stay home and watch that on TV. We pretty much like everything else on an HAL cruise, have no complaints with the food, service and cleanliness of the ships.

Welcome aboard, Gus

Edited by MISTER 67

According to a search, Mr. Antorcha spent about a year in Sea World.  Is that true?  I'm wondering how that experience will impact his handling of entertainment on HAL.  Heaven knows, activities on Sea Days have completely disappeared in the past two years. 

Best of luck, Mr. Antorcha!

6 hours ago, HappyInVan said:

Antorcha is a smart guy from the Boston Consulting Group. Likely that there will be major changes.  Stay tuned.

I agree, BCG hires smart folks.  But a good number of their 'innovative changes' in the corporate world came only from detached armchair experience.  Glad to see he then actually moved into the cruise industry for a good number of years. The fact the experience is with Carnival I think is a good thing. He surely knows the internal corporate workings of big Carnival already.  I'm positively inclined.

• Like 1