The Bistro- Off topic and fun posts!

Host Dan

28 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

Does 1 + 1 = 2?

Appreciate everyone's thoughts.

Keith

2 if you live in 49 of the 50 states.

3 if you live in California. We excel here.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

It's been discussed here a number of times.  While not thriving Roy Rogers is still around.  The closest one to me is in Burtonsville, about a 10 mile drive for me and I got lunch there yesterday.  The remaining restaurants are not a lot different  than decades ago.

IMG_0772.thumb.JPG.c05b49bf9be549f0a783ff255d2178ab.JPG

Roy

• Like 4

Nine years ago today we visited Bom Bom Island.

Amazing day on this small island.  The crew brought over food, drink, paper and other products, charcoal grills they created, tables and we enjoyed a fun time.  Hot Dogs and Hamburgers similar to what is served at the Trident Grill. I hadn't had a Trident Grill Hamburger for many year before that and it was delicious.

While we were off Africa it felt like a Polynesian Island.

The Crystal Crew is amazing and our visit was another example of that.

Keith

4007.thumb.jpeg.d4936b2797f51f498d1d99eaca079659.jpeg

DSC_0893.thumb.jpeg.d145237c71ac90ca90a8a0e893b144ea.jpeg

DSC_0889.thumb.jpeg.0dcf6e4d21f88e6712ab3e20169b4a9f.jpeg

• Like 4

Today's sunrise is from my first (2003) attempt at a trip around the world without flying.  It was taken April 5, 2003 on the DFDS Seaways ferry Princess of Scandanavia going from Newcastle to Gothenburg,

wrld1210.thumb.jpg.d3b4f148bba7f7c1b7565b0e689b03e5.jpg

Roy

• Like 3

Roy, your travels have been most impressive!  Your research, information that you provided, and your ability to create itineraries that allowed you to visit many areas of the world without having to take flights, at least most of the time, opened my eyes to train, bus ... options that I would never have considered without your reports.  Thank you for providing the unique information that you have given on various cruise line boards on CC.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

After all, it's Passover.

IMG_1773(1).thumb.jpeg.55c43ee82152d6231f48e2ba13ba4b32.jpeg

IMG_1775.thumb.jpeg.376e63439a57db1280d7ff6ebeb322e0.jpeg

Keith

According to ancestry.com I'm just 11% Jewish, so could you please tell me what that is in the second photo? It's a little "suspicious" looking and I need to know before I put it in my mouth!

Patty

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Texas Tillie said:

According to ancestry.com I'm just 11% Jewish, so could you please tell me what that is in the second photo? It's a little "suspicious" looking and I need to know before I put it in my mouth!

Patty

Matzah Brei. 

For breakfast, lunch or dinner.

Made with Matzah (well that is a given) eggs with a small amount of water, and butter in a fry pan.

You can eat it like this or add a variety of items.  Apple Sauce is one.

Keith

• Like 2

Today's sunrise is from my 2014 MS Amsterdam voyage returning to Fort Lauderdale after disembarking Crystal Serenity in Cape Town.  April 7 was a sea day from Walvis Bay to St. Helena:

dawn0407.jpg

Roy

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Texas Tillie said:

Patty

That’s an interesting amount, Patty. Do you know who it is? I’m guessing one great-grandparent.

You and I are the same age, and I didn’t know any of my great-grandparents. I did know three of my grandparents. How about you?

Edited by May B

4 hours ago, May B said:

That’s an interesting amount, Patty. Do you know who it is? I’m guessing one great-grandparent.

You and I are the same age, and I didn’t know any of my great-grandparents. I did know three of my grandparents. How about you?

Yes, and it “counts”, my mother’s mother’s mother. In fact, according to 23andme.com, my haplogroup is K1a1b1a, which is Jewish. 

Patty

• Like 2

4 hours ago, May B said:

My sister’s a big ancestry buff. Her percentages of Euro-mixes often change up/down as more info in our blood line becomes known. 

As a side note, a few years ago my sister discovered our maternal grandfather had a sister we’d never heard of. She was in an asylum in LA not far from where our Grandfather was born/raised. Neither he, or our Mom and her siblings ever mentioned her. Then a couple of months ago, she appeared on Ancestry for the first time as our Grandfather’s sister. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BEAV said:

My sister’s a big ancestry buff. Her percentages of Euro-mixes often change up/down as more info in our blood line becomes known. 

As a side note, a few years ago my sister discovered our maternal grandfather had a sister we’d never heard of. She was in an asylum in LA not far from where our Grandfather was born/raised. Neither he, or our Mom and her siblings ever mentioned her. Then a couple of months ago, she appeared on Ancestry for the first time as our Grandfather’s sister. 

Both Ancestry and 23andme update and make small changes about once a year. Their numbers are similar, but not identical. 23andme has more detail. Their Jewish % is 9.8 vs. 11 for ancestry. Ancestry doesn’t do fractions, so that’s why 23andme has more detail. My most “interesting” is 0.3 Northern India/Pakistan!!! Go figure!! 😵💫

Patty

• Like 4

19 hours ago, BEAV said:

You mean she appeared in somebody’s tree? 

19 hours ago, Texas Tillie said:

Yes, and it “counts”, my mother’s mother’s mother. In fact, according to 23andme.com, my haplogroup is K1a1b1a, which is Jewish. 

Patty

Well done, Patty!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, May B said:

You mean she appeared in somebody’s tree? 

I’m not sure how my sister originally discovered her a few years ago, but she recently (finally) appeared on our tree. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

Aren't we all related to Adam and Eve. If so, does this mean we are all related.  Please say it Ain't so.  🤫

Keith

Adam & Eve. The first people to not read the Apple Terms & Conditions!!!😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

For those of you celebrating Easter and/or Passover a very Happy Easter and Passover.  Many times this year we were sailing with Crystal over Easter and Passover.  One time we were leaving Egypt for the start of Passover which I thought was appropriate. Another time we were visiting Israel over Passover.

Keith

IMG_3135.jpg

img-5930_orig.jpg

P1090858.jpg

P1090864.jpg

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

For those of you celebrating Easter and/or Passover a very Happy Easter and Passover.  Many times this year we were sailing with Crystal over Easter and Passover.  One time we were leaving Egypt for the start of Passover which I thought was appropriate. Another time we were visiting Israel over Passover.

Keith

IMG_3135.jpg

img-5930_orig.jpg

P1090858.jpg

P1090864.jpg

And this year you're home with the chocolate bunnies.