The Bistro- Off topic and fun posts!

Host Dan

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

On an unrelated note, not really sure right now what's happening to the ships but I've noticed Symphony has reversed position a couple of times recently in the dock (bow in vs bow out).

Roy

I'll bet it's that alternating day of the week which-side-of-the-street you can park on thing.  Which makes me wonder: how big a roll of quarters would you need to feed the meter for a parked cruise ship?  

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, crickette said:

I see this forum is now labelled CRYSTAL.  Wasn't it formerly NEW Crystal?  I also looked for the old forum, and I don't see it.  Am I just missing it?  Can't see for looking?

The old forum "disappeared" last week, so no need to distinguish between 2 forums.

Patty

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Texas Tillie said:

The old forum "disappeared" last week, so no need to distinguish between 2 forums.

ALL that IP and valuable information and memories vaporised - no longer accessible at all as far as I can see

Not the best decision IMHO but some got what they wanted 

CC must be about the only place where the line between NC and OC is so clear - everywhere else it varies between “they’re new and different entities” to “it’s the same as old Crystal” 

Oh well time will tell 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

ALL that IP and valuable information and memories vaporised - no longer accessible at all as far as I can see

😢😢

Nancy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stickman1990 said:

CC must be about the only place where the line between NC and OC is so clear - everywhere else it varies between “they’re new and different entities” to “it’s the same as old Crystal” 

Oh well time will tell 

I checked my account and the posts I made to the old Crystal forum are gone except for the old threads like The Bistro that were moved to the new forum. I guess our total post count does include those that are "gone with the wind" on the old Crystal forum. ?!?!

Patty

7 minutes ago, Texas Tillie said:

I guess our total post count does include those that are "gone with the wind" on the old Crystal forum. ?!?!

Looking at one member with a very high post count list of which we’re on old Crystal it seems the post count hasn’t reduced at all

Its a real shame to lose all that history and IP / knowledge - let it be a lesson to us all that things on social media are at the mercy of the site owners in terms of access and retention - sites come and go but in this case it seems the deletion of the old forum and it’s contents were deleted when it wasn’t really necessary to do so 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, crickette said:

I see this forum is now labelled CRYSTAL.  Wasn't it formerly NEW Crystal?  I also looked for the old forum, and I don't see it.  Am I just missing it?  Can't see for looking?

Old Crystal is gone now and we all have to focus on moving forward with new Crystal not stuck in the past.

Clock's ticking. Cases are packed.

Edited by Mr Luxury

21 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

Oh well.  Wish the prior postings weren't purged but so it goes.

We will move forward and create new experiences and memories.

Bags are packed. Ready to go.  Can't wait.  It will be great.

IMG_3383.jpeg.17510984c247982ad2046281cddda1b2.jpeg

The Fitness Centre 🏋‍♂️

I thought they warned us of the planned purge, and asked us to report any threads we wanted saved.

Still, it seems a shame to lose all that history.

Edited by May B
  • Like 1

On 3/14/2023 at 10:11 AM, KenzSailing said:

I'll bet it's that alternating day of the week which-side-of-the-street you can park on thing.  Which makes me wonder: how big a roll of quarters would you need to feed the meter for a parked cruise ship?  

Yes probably true. Here in St Paul we do the car parking shuffle so snow plows can get in to plow, ambulances and fire trucks can get through, and meters are paid via an app using your credit card, bank account, etc.  Also if it were the old Crystal who had to pay for parking of the ships, I think the locals would want the quarters!!

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure that Fincantieri is doing the renovations and the ships are in one of their shipyards.  I don't think that there is a lot of cruise ship building activity right now and Serenity may be in a dry dock (flooded or not) because that is a good available space while Symphony is at one of the fitting docks.  If that is true there would be access to both sides of Serenity while Symphony might turn around periodically to allow access to the side of the ship where the greatest renovations are under way.  It makes since for Serenity to get the drydock as she will be the first to need it as such.

Just a guess.  It would sure be nice if the Panoflex Camera were still active.

Roy

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

Oh well.  Wish the prior postings weren't purged but so it goes.

We will move forward and create new experiences and memories.

Bags are packed. Ready to go.  Can't wait.  It will be great.

IMG_3383.jpeg.17510984c247982ad2046281cddda1b2.jpeg

Keith I'll be counting on you for the earliest report on what weight equipment they put on the ships. A must know for DH before we even book 😉.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stickman1990 said:

Oh certainly no Gyms on Crystal - but fortunately they have state of the art (apparently) fitness centres 😉

Thank goodness for that. There’s enough exercise to be had walking from breakfast to lunch and then afternoon tea, hauling yourself up to the pool for post lunch cocktails, dragging yourself back to your cabin for afternoon nibbles and a glass of champagne on the balcony and then traipsing around the bars in search of canapés and a few cocktails before dinner. By the time you’ve sat through 5 courses I’m surprised anyone had the energy left to seek out late night drinks and nibbles in the Avenue let alone go running along a rubber belt! And don’t even start me on port days! 

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, claudiaYVR said:

Keith I'll be counting on you for the earliest report on what weight equipment they put on the ships. A must know for DH before we even book 😉.

Claudia, my pleasure as I know it is very important to your DH.

Keith

1 hour ago, Keith1010 said:

Claudia, my pleasure as I know it is very important to your DH.

Keith

Keith,when can we expect your report.

You must be amongst the first sailors on board surely.

Bags are packed don't forget and for quit a while now.😁

• Haha 2