The Bistro- Off topic and fun posts!

Host Dan

Happy Easter to those who celebrate it and continuing good wishes  for Passover,

I have another sunset today, this time from the 2018 Crystal World Cruise,  On April 9 Crystal Symphony visited Iquique, Chile.

dusk0409.jpg

Roy

• Like 5

1 hour ago, KenzSailing said:

It's sunny and 79F here which means I'm smashing some burgers.  American(Murican!) cheese on mine, please.  None for OLoPP(Our Lady of Protein Purity.)

Mmmmmmmm….pretty zippy there for only a Tuesday night. 

I’m beyond ready for summer BBQ season after our long, sloshy California winter…

🍔🌭🥩 🌽 🍺 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, BEAV said:

Mmmmmmmm….pretty zippy there for only a Tuesday night. 

I’m beyond ready for summer BBQ season after our long, sloshy California winter…

🍔🌭🥩 🌽 🍺 

We fired ours up for the first time last Saturday even though it was only 6C/42F at the time. We are in the midst of a very unusual April "heatwave" with temps in mid-20s C/mid-70s F through Saturday. Of course, it's back to normal next week, 10C/50F.😉

• Like 3

22 hours ago, May B said:

image.jpeg.82fe5cefd446098e25a74214cb206ab9.jpeg

May, the bad news is the Rays can't play my Nats 100 more times this season!

Seriously, eleven in a row is hard to do and mighty impressive.  They'll be interesting to watch(although they deserve so much better than playing their home games in that barn.)

In more good news, now that the games are shorter thanks to the pitch clock, some teams are changing their alcohol policies and selling beer into the eighth inning.  Now that's what I call "knowing your customer!"

• Like 1

Today's sunrise is land based from my 2012 Celebrity Solstice transatlantic.  On April 13 I was in Fort Lauderdale awaiting the start of the cruise, a much nicer day in Fort Lauderdale than this April 13:

dawn13-734477.jpg

Roy

• Like 3

Flashback Friday.

March 4, 2020 in Sydney, Australia after getting off Serenity and spending a few days in Sydney, Australia with family before returning home.

IMG_9820.thumb.jpeg.9eda4d793ba64dff9c1a999dd19dae43.jpeg

Based on what we were being told about what was happening back home one of the smartest moves I made was to order one large carton (the kind businesses order) of toilet paper from Amazon and a day after I ordered it they were sold out.

When people talk about the good old days years from not I have a suspicion they won't be talking about this

Happy Friday.

Keith

• Like 6

Keith, that supermarket scene was quite the eye opener.  It didn't freak out because I use very little toilet paper but it's also the first thing to sell out when a snow storm is predicted here.  It also brings back memories of my 2009 Wind Surf transatlantic.  Windstar normally does it's transatlantics without stops but in 2009 we had a stop in Funchal.  The Captain explained that the reason was that some supplies did not arrive in Lisbon on time, one of them Toilet rolls.

Roy

• Like 4