Port Purchases --- How will Carnival handle bringing onboard?

jetsfan58

To the Cruise Critic faithful hello! Some of us have to shop for last minute items, in our favorite Port Cities, as we prepare to cruise. We just sometimes, through the anticipated excitement of "being on a ship", forget to purchase desired items. We have also been royally "spoiled" by being able to bring sodas and wine bottles aboard for our drinking pleasure during our wonderful cruising adventures.  

Due to possible and/or probable restrictions (as we still do not know the true effects of Corona as it pertains to the surface of items) will Carnival allow us to bring those drink items onboard?  Perhaps if they are already packed in a luggage or safe carrier they might? What about those passengers that openly carry them onboard? Will they have some sort of "disinfecting spray" that they spray our luggage with? 

I would certainly not want my "drinks" being fumigated? How about you?     

Edited by Host Carolyn

The odds of cruising soon and having Carnival disinfect personal belongings, including drinks seems to me about as remote as the Jets winning the Super Bowl this season.

JMO< YMMV.

Edited by evandbob
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jetsfan58 said:

To the Cruise Critic faithful hello! Some of us have to shop for last minute items, in our favorite Port Cities, as we prepare to cruise. We just sometimes, through the anticipated excitement of "being on a ship", forget to purchase desired items. We have also been royally "spoiled" by being able to bring sodas and wine bottles aboard for our drinking pleasure during our wonderful cruising adventures.  

Due to possible and/or probable restrictions (as we still do not know the true effects of Corona as it pertains to the surface of items) will Carnival allow us to bring those drink items onboard?  Perhaps if they are already packed in a luggage or safe carrier they might? What about those passengers that openly carry them onboard? Will they have some sort of "disinfecting spray" that they spray our luggage with? 

You're probably worrying needlessly about this. However, I'll be curious to see how many people buy one of these to wear, especially for Embarkation Day.  https://www.cafepress.com/+,22403498/?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=pla-google&utm_campaign=640238777-d-c&utm_content=27654277450-adid-93474589570&utm_term=pla-339440224231-pid-22403498&gclid=Cj0KCQjwpNr4BRDYARIsAADIx9xopTEuIkCj0hxhZsG6lg-9XNPbG0LLqhYrrlW8yWi6zUv04NTWIj0aAkm5EALw_wcB

The main pool will be filled with Chlorox and you, and your purchases, will be  required to swim one complete lap underwater, then remain in the pool for 10 extra minutes before going to your stateroom.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, evandbob said:

The odds of cruising soon and having Carnival disinfect personal belongings, including drinks seems to me about as remote as the Jets winning the Super Bowl this season.

JMO< YMMV.

The jets winning is a better chance than anything on this thread happening 

I had a response in this thread, but it got nuked in HostC's clean-up (I'm OK with that).

Anyway, anything that would govern re-boarding processes with food, drinks, and/or trinkets, is going to be well covered by whatever they do to get us on board in the first place, both at embarkation and at each port.  If the human-pax and their initial luggage can be processed "safely enough" they'll figure out a way to also include other items at ports.

I am so itching to get on a cruise, but then I wonder if it is just a rash, and I should leave it alone and/or apply an ointment?  😉

On 7/21/2020 at 9:55 AM, jetsfan58 said:

The latest research (which changes daily) indicates that CV19 doesn't linger on things.  That's why you can buy stuff in the grocery store without gloves. 

I doubt any type of disinfectant will be used.  They may (and probably should) install UV lamps which wipe out any CV19 in a very short time period.  

As far as bring back "drinks" to enjoy, Carnival sets up liquor tables where you drop off any liquor, beer, wine purchased and you then pick it up once the cruise is over.  

However, security doesn't necessarily point you out to the liquor police.  They just tell you to go there.  You can sneak by. Best to do this when a lot of people are coming back on board.  Gets crowded and you can blend in with the crowd at the elevator or slip up the stairs.

5 hours ago, jetsfan58 said:

Thanks for my Jets support. When the season starts we have a 1:32 chance of winning it all. To our Saints fan I will also be rooting for Breese as he gets close to calling it a career. 

All in good fun.   Agreed, opening day everyone is in the mix.   I actually like the Jets, just can't figure out if it coaching or management holding them back???   

Thanks for the Brees props, he's a class guy and a true winner!!