If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???

If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

• YES
    • NO

2 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

I am not an ignorer.  It must be boring living in a world where you only communicate with people who believe what you believe?  It is always amazing what people who claim diversity is everything and then you find out that they actually hate diversity.  

Ignoring science is not something to be celebrating.  you cannot argue or discuss the issue with people like that.   There is no point.

Edited by Dinglebert

I, also, find those that accuse of others of ignoring science are rarely qualified to recognize it or understand it.  They are usually full of facts they learn watching tv, on the other hand.  How many science classes do you think Lester Holt, Jake Tapper, Don Lemon, Chris Cuomo, and other tv intellectuals have taken.  Don’t even get me started on the real science spreaders like late night TV show hosts.

Of course, in Scotland, your TV intellectuals are probably actually trained in science, unlike us knuckle dragging luddites here on the other side of the pond. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Formula280SS said:

Is there a reason for the NJ/CT inflow to NY for the vaccine?  Are NJ/CT under distributing or way behind? 

Thanks.

Sure.  I can't speak for NJ or CT but NYC has been effective in pre-planning and setting up distribution sites in schools.  In addition, our beloved Mets may be losers but Citifield will come on line in days.  Rather than creating "first come first serve" madness, an online website was created to allow folks to schedule appointments.  When Mrs. Yogimax and I go on Monday, we will only be allowed to enter the building 5 minutes before our appointment,  This eliminates long lines and potential crowding.  Those living in NJ and CT will have to comment on their experiences.

• Like 2

Sounds like dallas has a kerfuffle today at fair park. Our diversity minded leaders picked a underserved neighborhood.  Clay jenkins our judge is always fighting with our council. He has a history of doing what he wants . Today he claims there were some fake sign up, and people were sharing the link to sign up with others, so he got in touch with minority leaders and told them the fair park site would take some over age 75 without a appointment. He says it was noticed there were more white people than minorities so he told minorities to just show up. 

I'm so glad I got my shot and my mom before things got out of hand. 

The problem with the email to sign up and the link, its non specific who its sent to. And when you sign up there is no email confirmation.  We got a ways to go lol when our county judge says if you are black and age 75 just show up, cut in line. Need more doses shipped so more vaccine sites can be open. Now it's been on tv, tomorrow will be worse.

11 hours ago, molly361 said:

Some people here in town tried to book appt's at Publix and the site wanted to book them at Publix's over in the Panhandle.  The booking stuff is all in the timing I guess.  You have to be at the right time at the right place once the online system goes up.  A few others are going to our local one which is a mile from my house.

We had that problem with our online system, get on early or forget it.  I, somehow, got an appointment when no one else could.  When I called the Help Center to try to set up my husband’s appointment they couldn’t believe I had one.  A good fluke I guess.  

Lee County switched from FCFS at some point after their overnight lines appeared on national television.  They announced a new phone appointment system to begin at noon on Tuesday.  On Wednesday, the local news station reported that they had received 35,000 phone calls per second.  They said they had 1,000 call center employees and the appointments were taken in minutes.  Other counties have reported overwhelming responses to phone and computer systems that cannot handle the load.  Manatee County has a “standby pool” from which names are drawn in a lottery system when vaccine becomes available.  The last number I heard, two days ago, is that there were over 85,000 names in the pool.  So, yes, I believe Florida does have problems.

33 minutes ago, yogimax said:

I am reading of all sorts of problems in Florida regarding vaccine distribution.  Is this true?

18 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

The last number I heard, two days ago, is that there were over 85,000 names in the pool.  So, yes, I believe Florida does have problems.

I think everyone has the same issue. Not enough vaccines. If they had the vaccines, there wouldn’t be enough staff or Infrastructure to handle. 

8 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I think everyone has the same issue. Not enough vaccines. If they had the vaccines, there wouldn’t be enough staff or Infrastructure to handle. 

Some states have enough vaccines and enough staff (for now), just lousy planning to actually let those staff administer the vaccinations.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

It’s run by the Counties. There have been some issues.

This has been the Achilles Heel all along.  The Feds worked on vaccine development but then washed their hands.  Instead of a national effort, which will now at last be put in place, they left it in the hands of the states, who left it in the hands of the counties.  Many of those counties were simply ill equipped for the magnitude of the problem.

10 hours ago, yogimax said:

This has been the Achilles Heel all along.  The Feds worked on vaccine development but then washed their hands.  Instead of a national effort, which will now at last be put in place, they left it in the hands of the states, who left it in the hands of the counties.  Many of those counties were simply ill equipped for the magnitude of the problem.

How do you devise a national policy when you have states of different sizes, different population densities, and varying densities within different counties of the state? I am sure that NYC and Montauk have very different needs as well as infrastructure. One size doesn't fit all when you are talking about the U.S. or many other countries.

Even a small state like RI has very different needs between the northern city and the southern beach areas.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

My county realized right away that appointments were the way to go so there was no camping out for a shot.  At first they had a call in line but soon realized that it was overwhelmed and after a few days set up online registration.  Now if you are in one of the eligible groups you can get on the waitlist and will be contacted with an appointment time and place.  This is all through the health department.  One of the hospitals also has an online registration and now Publix stores will be giving out vaccinations.  While not immediate shots are steadily being given.  The LTC facilities are a separate group that Walgreens is taking care of.  Personally I am glad that the states and counties are in charge because if not it would probably be March or April before I would have gotten a vaccine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Keksie said:

My county realized right away that appointments were the way to go so there was no camping out for a shot.  At first they had a call in line but soon realized that it was overwhelmed and after a few days set up online registration.  Now if you are in one of the eligible groups you can get on the waitlist and will be contacted with an appointment time and place.  This is all through the health department.  One of the hospitals also has an online registration and now Publix stores will be giving out vaccinations.  While not immediate shots are steadily being given.  The LTC facilities are a separate group that Walgreens is taking care of.  Personally I am glad that the states and counties are in charge because if not it would probably be March or April before I would have gotten a vaccine.

Manatee?

12 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Santa Rosa

Same in Manatee.  Three days ago they said there were over 85,000 on the list.  I was able to get on the list within the first three minutes, but calls are made by a lottery system, so someone who got on the list yesterday could be called today, while we could be called absolutely last.  I felt relief that somebody knew we were interested and we would be called eventually, but that warm fuzzy feeling didn’t last long.

1 minute ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

Same in Manatee.  Three days ago they said there were over 85,000 on the list.  I was able to get on the list within the first three minutes, but calls are made by a lottery system, so someone who got on the list yesterday could be called today, while we could be called absolutely last.  I felt relief that somebody knew we were interested and we would be called eventually, but that warm fuzzy feeling didn’t last long.

Here they are doing it first in, first out.  I just happened to click on the hospital link right after it opened and picked a later in the day appointment so got right in.  It was very well set up when I got to the location.  Walked up, filled out a form, showed my ID, got my shot, had a nice padded chair to sit in for 15 minutes, checked out with a return appointment for February 2nd.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, yogimax said:

It would be nice if it was at least consistent between counties within a state.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Here they are doing it first in, first out.  I just happened to click on the hospital link right after it opened and picked a later in the day appointment so got right in.  It was very well set up when I got to the location.  Walked up, filled out a form, showed my ID, got my shot, had a nice padded chair to sit in for 15 minutes, checked out with a return appointment for February 2nd.  

Did you get the PZ or Moderna?  The boss and my son got the PZ and 2nd dose complete. My mom and I got the Moderna and return on the 4th. 

I think my counties rollout (Volusia) stinks.  Even after the first overnight sleep in your car fiasco they have had 2 2000 dose events and now some at Publix.  News says we are getting 4300 doses next week.  Population around 600,000.  No further public events planned yet they seem to be planned yet. Forgot they did 500 yesterday

Edited by molly361

35 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

It would be nice if it was at least consistent between counties within a state.

Not really because my county although having a few hiccups is doing a good job.  I would hate to have to live by some of the policies of other counties who are having big problems.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Did you get the PZ or Moderna?  The boss and my son got the PZ and 2nd dose complete. My mom and I got the Moderna and return on the 4th. 

Moderna.  It seems to be the one that is being distributed here.