JH Sharing News Tomorrow

naxer

3 minutes ago, RWolver672 said:

I just read that on FB.  Wonder if he's going to let the cat out of the bag on which ships are leaving the fleets.  That or if and when cruising will start again.

Yep.  Doesn't say whether it's good or bad.  Reading tea leaves, "walking us through it" might imply the ships leaving the fleet.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, naxer said:

I see that JH is sharing news tomorrow, and will be walking us through it.

Thanks for sharing news of his upcoming announcement.

My hopes are high, but my expectations are really low.

Edited by Honolulu Blue
  • Like 1

Ships leaving fleet might be a good guess, as no one really knows when cruising will start again until pandemic eases a bit.  With the numbers up in 31 states, that may be longer than anyone really thinks. 

1 minute ago, Radiioman46 said:

How do I find his FB page? John heald?

I think that would work.  There may be a link through the Carnival FB page too. (I'm not so good with FB--I have a hard time finding things on it.)

• Like 1

If you scroll down a bit on John's FB page, he also shared a video from Carnival's FB page with Kathie Lee Gifford talking about Carnival's big announcement tomorrow. In the video she was reminiscing about the good 'ol days of midnight buffets, etc. She's looking through a photo album of "yesterday's cruises" and flips to a page that says "50 years of FUN plans" and "do not leak this info". It says come back tomorrow for a big announcement.  I'm guessing they wouldn't be hyping it this much if it was something like more cancellations or ships selling. I could be wrong, but that's certainly not the tone they are setting. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, MistyRo76 said:

If you scroll down a bit on John's FB page, he also shared a video from Carnival's FB page with Kathie Lee Gifford talking about Carnival's big announcement tomorrow. In the video she was reminiscing about the good 'ol days of midnight buffets, etc. She's looking through a photo album of "yesterday's cruises" and flips to a page that says "50 years of FUN plans" and "do not leak this info". It says come back tomorrow for a big announcement.  I'm guessing they wouldn't be hyping it this much if it was something like more cancellations or ships selling. I could be wrong, but that's certainly not the tone they are setting. 

That makes sense.

CARNIVAL SAILABRATION CRUISES

• four carnival cruise ships meetup at sea
    carnival's 50th birthday logo with the carnival funnel

carnival-sailabration-mobile-overview

Carnival has one of those milestone birthdays on the horizon, and you know what… we can’t wait!

We’re turning 50 in March 2022, and the way we see it, years don’t just add age — each one adds so much fun! And for this birthday, our wish is to share it with friends like you.

Folks, this is your invitation! To make it easy for everybody to join us for our 50th, we’ll be celebrating with a whole series of ship meetups at sea. Read More

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Cruiseboy06 said:

Chances are more cancellations and dancing of ships 

Maybe, but another thing I have been wondering is about the reduced capacity they have been promising. There are a few cruises coming up that either completely sold out or nearly sold out before the outbreak happened. They could be announcing they canceling some of those say 25%-50% of the of bookings. 

I'm sure it's related, but those meet-ups have been advertised for a while now.  They pique my interest as I browse future cruises in anticipation of the cancellation notice.

• Like 1

Heh, just had a horrible thought:

It's the new Carnival RCI Norwegian Sailabration, where all 6 remaining ships total of their fleets meet up!

Not sure what they could announce Sailabration-wise, except changes to the ships or dates involved if one or more are "moving on".  Aren't all itineraries already announced?

• Haha 1