14 day Quarantine starting tomorrow for travellers from Spain

jeanlyon

2 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Hogget and Mutton are becoming quite trendy now. Is a ***** like a rissol? or are they different species. Being thick , I assume a ***** is a bit like a juvenile haggis.

All the stars are from the site censoring the "f" word.😂😂

Edited by zap99
Added

21 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Hogget and Mutton are becoming quite trendy now. Is a ***** like a rissol? or are they different species. Being thick , I assume a ***** is a bit like a juvenile haggis.

Lamb is lamb and tender. Hogget is a sheep at 1-2 years old, it still relatively tender but needs more cooking time. Mutton is an older sheep that needs cooking long, low and slow to become tender and tasty.

Haggis is made from the plucks with oats and spices.

I don’t understand the *****??????

7 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Lamb is lamb and tender. Hogget is a sheep at 1-2 years old, it still relatively tender but needs more cooking time. Mutton is an older sheep that needs cooking long, low and slow to become tender and tasty.

Mutton makes a good curry and haggis hunting season soon going to bag me a brace

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bazrat said:

Mutton makes a good curry and haggis hunting season soon going to bag me a brace

Love mutton curry😋. Probably the most  tasty of them all

As for haggis hunting, I’m too old for that now. It plays havoc on the hips.

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

I used the f word. CC obviously took offence and put the stars😂.

5 hours ago, Esprit said:

I purposely bought travel insurance the other week prior to booking my flight to Madrid for next week. That was now a waste of money and I will therefore rely on my EHIC card.

Weighing up the risks and rewards we will still fly out to see my DD and SIL. I will also self isolate when I return, as fortunately for me I'm freelance and can do all my work from home. 

If my emotional desire to see my DD has superseded what others consider common sense then so be it. 

Now I call that total common sense.  You have a very good reason to go and you have no problem with self-isolating when you return.  No problem there.   I think you have to weigh up the pros and cons.  For me, I have a job I love and it would really cause ructions if I went on holiday and then needed 2 extra weeks at home when I got back.

Anyone else find it funny that there’s a lot of wringing of hands about the airlines being under threat of total collapse after all the recent news. However other than us on here I’ve heard little sympathy if cruise lines go under?

• Like 2

There doesn’t seem to be much on the main stream news programmes about cruise ships at the moment, so apart from cruisers like us, I think most people haven’t even thought about cruise lines going under.

Cruise ships always seem to attract  bad press, so you can bet the news programmes would be all over it, if there was a Covid outbreak on any restart! 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Harry Peterson said:

Maybe because they're largely American owned and employ relatively few British workers.  Overall,  a smaller impact on the economy and public perception than airlines.

I get that but we were saying the other day about all the workers affected in Southampton, the baggage handlers etc etc. I just think cruising gets a bad press generally. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Harry Peterson said:

Maybe because they're largely American owned and employ relatively few British workers.  Overall,  a smaller impact on the economy and public perception than airlines.

And yet the biggest low cost carrier serving the UK is Irish, not British, and Tui is German owned, and a Greek has the largest shareholding in Easy Jet.........just saying.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I suppose many more millions fly than cruise?  Only a guess.  Also, many more UK folk emplyed by airlines, than employed by cruise ships.

I guess so I just hate that ‘floating Petri dish ‘ tag that seems to have stuck.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Absolutely! 

Cruise ships always seem to attract  bad press, so you can bet the news programmes would be all over it, if there was a Covid outbreak on any restart! 

29 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

And yet the biggest low cost carrier serving the UK is Irish, not British, and Tui is German owned, and a Greek has the largest shareholding in Easy Jet.........just saying.

Thomas Cook was owned by a  Chinese  travel company. That's why the government wouldn't step into stop them going into liquidation. 

Avril 

8 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

I get that but we were saying the other day about all the workers affected in Southampton, the baggage handlers etc etc. I just think cruising gets a bad press generally. 

That’s correct look at that recent news item clown attack on ship which was a totally false story, and the sail away party and the horror stories about the music played what did a few on here do debate the falling standards which was picked up by the press,so we really did not help the situation.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Thomas Cook was owned by a  Chinese  travel company. That's why the government wouldn't step into stop them going into liquidation. 

Avril 

Thomas cook was owned by the Germans who sold it to a British consortium but when it was going under Fosun offered to buy it to add to there club med brand but was rejected, the later went on to buy the name and online presence and they were due to return to the market this year.

as a footnote they also own the football club I surport.

Edited by Bazrat

13 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

As for haggis hunting, I’m too old for that now. It plays havoc on the hips.

Goodness, is it hunting time already?

I agree.  I used to enjoy a good trek, don't think I could manage it now 😉

Re  quarantine.. I've just read that they may be cutting it to 10 days now,

30 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Another day, another policy change. Three different Spanish policies in 36 hours. Usual chaos. SNAFU.

As Scotland has a much lower incidence  of CV19 than England, surely Scotland should be banning English visitors,  and also not allowing Scots to return to Scotland from England without going into quarantine ?

The logic is  exactly the same as the current policy on Brits travelling to the Spanish islands.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, indiana123 said:

Gove has just been on radio Scotland to say that there is no truth in that, it’s 14 days.

Folks, stay safe in the current climate. I’m signing off for now.

While there are some really lovely, interesting people on here who are happy to engage in an exchange of opinion I have had quite enough of some of the micro aggressions in some quarters.

Hope to catch up with you all again when we all get to cruise again 😀

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

While there are some really lovely, interesting people on here who are happy to engage in an exchange of opinion I have had quite enough of some of the micro aggressions in some quarters.

You take care and keep yourself safe Eglesbrech .:classic_smile: Hope to hear from you sooner than later :classic_wink::classic_smile:

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

I'm afraid that  the frustration with the situation that we now find ourselves in is unfortunately shortening some posters tempers. If I could apologise for them, I would. I prefer to ignore them and skip past to find more friendly posts. Don't stay away too long. 😊. Stay safe.

Avril 

• Like 4

Avril’s nailed it

There’s no cruising; in many cases that’s all we have in common; sometimes tempers and patience are short.

Also - it’s a difficult way to communicate.  No facial expressions or tone of voice to indicate sincerity or flippancy or attempted humour.

Imo it’s always best to leave a forum rather than allow oneself to get upset.  This one has the advantage of an “ignore poster” feature, which I have found useful at times.  It’s an option, rather than going ...

Good luck.  Good health

• Like 3