Next announcement of cancellations

lindylooellalouise

15 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

Probably needs its own thread, but if we are looking at cruising around the British Isles, then I imagine the Channel Islands, Isles of Scilly, Isle of Man, Holyhead, Mainland Scottish islands, and even places like Tilbury, Great Yarmouth, and a Lakes call would be possible candidates as tender ports?  The tender operation would be pretty tough to pull off mind in the bleak midwinter!

The other interesting quirk is if P&O can use the Common Travel Area somehow under the same framework, bringing the Irish ports in to play, via some sort of travel corridor.  I understand, if you so wish, that the Irish quarantine arrangements can be bypassed by traveling in to Northern Ireland and continuing the journey in to the Republic.  Why not for cruise ship passengers (breaking the rules in a very limited and specific way🤣)

Strangely, if that's the thinking, then I don't see why a seven night cruise would be the limit.  Still think it's pretty optimistic to see that happening at Christmas mind, given the projected public health climate.  Spring possibly.

No need for tenders at Tilbury.  Kick CMV out of the commercial port!

Alternatively go to London Gateway aka Coryton.  Coaches to London, or Colchester.  Shuttle to Basildon (maybe not 🤣)

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

No need for tenders at Tilbury.  Kick CMV out of the commercial port!

Alternatively go to London Gateway aka Coryton.  Coaches to London, or Colchester.  Shuttle to Basildon (maybe not 🤣)

I’d go to Gravesend to look at a P&O ship from over the river but I wouldn’t go any nearer at the moment. 

If these passengers are doing a Round Britain cruise in December, they have suffered enough, don’t send them to Basildon too! 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Joking aside, Harwich would make an excellent port as part of a round Britain cruise. Easy access to the wool towns of Suffolk, Constable Country, Aldeburgh and Orford etc. 

However, how easy it would be to coordinate "bubble" tours at short notice would be a different matter.

2 hours ago, ann141 said:

Glad you have managed to extend the final payment date.As others have suggested it might be an idea to phone again to ask for something in writing or to email them stating that you are pleased that after your phone conversation today an extension date has been agreed so at least you have something in writing.(I expect all phone calls are recorded so if necessary you could probably rely on that for confirmation)

Hi Ann,  they have already confirmed the extension by email.  Thank you for your help with this. We will wait and see what happens in the next few weeks now.

May 😎

• Like 3

10 hours ago, No pager thank you said:

Probably needs its own thread, but if we are looking at cruising around the British Isles, then I imagine the Channel Islands, Isles of Scilly, Isle of Man, Holyhead, Mainland Scottish islands, and even places like Tilbury, Great Yarmouth, and a Lakes call would be possible candidates as tender ports?  The tender operation would be pretty tough to pull off mind in the bleak midwinter!

The other interesting quirk is if P&O can use the Common Travel Area somehow under the same framework, bringing the Irish ports in to play, via some sort of travel corridor.  I understand, if you so wish, that the Irish quarantine arrangements can be bypassed by traveling in to Northern Ireland and continuing the journey in to the Republic.  Why not for cruise ship passengers (breaking the rules in a very limited and specific way🤣)

Strangely, if that's the thinking, then I don't see why a seven night cruise would be the limit.  Still think it's pretty optimistic to see that happening at Christmas mind, given the projected public health climate.  Spring possibly.

You can cross us of the list our borders are still closed and will be for the foreseeable future plus the chances of tendering here are pretty slim even in summer never mind winter

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, nosapphire said:

I think Guernsey also has closed borders, apart from their travel corridor with IoM. And they have the same tendering difficulties. And not too sure if Scotland would be too thrilled about cruise ships visiting just yet.

I am none too thrilled about visiting Scotland in the middle of winter either.:classic_blink:

17 minutes ago, nosapphire said:

I think Guernsey also has closed borders, apart from their travel corridor with IoM. And they have the same tendering difficulties. And not too sure if Scotland would be too thrilled about cruise ships visiting just yet.

I think your right about Guernsey, Shetland had its first case for 4 weeks the other day and there have been cases on Orkney as well recently and it would be even bleaker up there than it is here in the winter. I think it’s just wishful thinking that anything will be going anywhere before March/April next year but you never know🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Manx buoy said:

I think your right about Guernsey, Shetland had its first case for 4 weeks the other day and there have been cases on Orkney as well recently and it would be even bleaker up there than it is here in the winter. I think it’s just wishful thinking that anything will be going anywhere before March/April next year but you never know🤷‍♂️

The issue is, if there is to be a cruise around the British Isles, are we actually saying that, at best, it's a jolly around the coastal parts of England which will not be in a form of lockdown in December...

Given that I believe parts of Norfolk are already on the naughty step too...then where are those places?  

Or will the UK Government just try and overrule the devolved administrations and crown dependencies...only breaking the law in a very specific and limited way in favour of the cruise ship industry🤔🤦

Perhaps just easier to book a cruise with no stops...or give up the ghost 👻 for now...I'm getting increasingly fed up with the lack of information from P&O (which is not news to anyone!)

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

I'm getting increasingly fed up with the lack of information from P&O (which is not news to anyone!)

Although, to be fair, that criticism could be applied to any one of numerous cruise companies at present. I appreciate that that is no excuse, but trying to second guess the future shambolic policy of the UK , is impossible for the cruise lines.  

Edited by wowzz
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Numerous circles round the Isle of Wight

Swinging off Weymouth

Swinging off Torquay

Swinging off Bournemouth

Tender racing round the ship anyone?  Make a change from shuffleboard.

Swinging off Southwold (Arcadia only)

Ha, ha!  Count me out...🤣

Maybe the ships on layup could be used😂

9 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Numerous circles round the Isle of Wight

Swinging off Weymouth

Swinging off Torquay

Swinging off Bournemouth

Tender racing round the ship anyone?  Make a change from shuffleboard.

Swinging off Southwold (Arcadia only)

I think the average age of most P&O winter cruisers is a bit old for all this "swinging". Could be a lot of slipped discs after Weymouth, let alone anywhere else.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Although, to be fair, that criticism could be applied to any one of numerous cruise companies at present. I appreciate that that is no excuse, but trying to second guess the future shambolic policy of the UK , is impossible for the cruise lines.  

It could, and the current policy climate is a complete dog's dinner.  Also being fair, most of the other companies have given up on asking for cash three months in advance.  

Another written confirmation on official Facebook that there is no movement around balance due dates in general...even since whatever plans have been agreed have been determined internally..

49 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

The issue is, if there is to be a cruise around the British Isles, are we actually saying that, at best, it's a jolly around the coastal parts of England which will not be in a form of lockdown in December...

Given that I believe parts of Norfolk are already on the naughty step too...then where are those places?  

Or will the UK Government just try and overrule the devolved administrations and crown dependencies...only breaking the law in a very specific and limited way in favour of the cruise ship industry🤔🤦

Perhaps just easier to book a cruise with no stops...or give up the ghost 👻 for now...I'm getting increasingly fed up with the lack of information from P&O (which is not news to anyone!)

They’ll be wasting their time trying to overrule any rules or laws here we’ve our own government and our own laws and we’re managing just fine thank you one case in110+ days Guernsey one case in 130+ days even better so I think it’ll be swinging near Swanage is your safest bet🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

We're all under "enhanced support", a bizarre decision, based solely on an outbreak in a poultry processing factory in Attleborough. Breckland, where said poultry factory is situated, has a rate of new cases of 11.48. The equivalent figure for, say, Watford is 26.87, Liverpool is 78.52 - both these areas are considered "no action required".

Go figure, as the cousins say.

34 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I think the average age of most P&O winter cruisers is a bit old for all this "swinging". Could be a lot of slipped discs after Weymouth, let alone anywhere else.

I need to erase this from my brain. How do you do it, Avril?

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

I think the average age of most P&O winter cruisers is a bit old for all this "swinging". 

I hope you're not including me in this wowzz. Ageing is inevitable, but growing up is optional😁 Just because I can't, doesn't mean that I wouldn't if I could😉😊

Avril

• Haha 1