Jump to content

Summer 2022 - Brochure Launch


Recommended Posts

Anyone got any ideas or heard any whispers whether the 2022 programme release for P&O/Cunard is going to be Sept/Oct like normal or anyone have any opinion on if it is going to be delayed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Difficult to know really. I am sure they would like to get them out asap to try and get some more cash deposits flowing in. On the other hand, the team that plans itineraries have, I guess been somewhat busy coming up with lots of new plans and contingencies due to Covid...

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

They are also 1 or 2 ships down compared to what they expected. This will cause rewrites of cruises.

Is this a hint that another ship may be sold or Iona 2 delayed? I presume Oceana is one of the '1 or 2' ships?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't have any inside information on this I'm afraid, but I would be surprised if this was scheduled for next month. 

 

In addition to the valid points above, currently the company does not fully know how many of the unredeemed FCCs in the system will convert to cash refund requests by end November 2020, which unless it has recently changed is the cut off date.  It will also have to take a guess on a restart date to understand what level of new FCCs it will have to cater for within its new schedule.  Without knowing this and having more of a sense of how successful (or not) the MSC launch is, setting the pricing strategy will be more difficult than normal.  Launching 2022 when you are still at full stop seems risky to me from a commercial point of view (what are you asking the customer to buy?)  

 

Many will be looking for the expected increase in prices to cancel out the 25% "bonus," in 2022 and I wouldn't rule out tweaks to early booking discounts linked to FCCs (others have said this would be madness, I would say look how crafty the company have been in the pandemic). 

 

For passengers holding unredeemed FCCs, if the company delays this beyond November, citing uncertainty, fewer ships, Gala 2 timelines etc etc then it will know that the unredeemed FCCs will have to become new cruise bookings.

 

For this reason and others, my guess (and it's only a guess) is a delay until Winter 2020.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Anyone got any ideas or heard any whispers whether the 2022 programme release for P&O/Cunard is going to be Sept/Oct like normal or anyone have any opinion on if it is going to be delayed.

 

Can only speak for Cunard.  Your dates posted could be close, possibly with a Cigar.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ann141 said:

Is this a hint that another ship may be sold or Iona 2 delayed? I presume Oceana is one of the '1 or 2' ships?

Gala2 has been announced as delayed from May 22 to December 22.

 

And yes, Oceana is the other ship to 

which I refer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, molecrochip said:

Gala2 has been announced as delayed from May 22 to December 22.

 

And yes, Oceana is the other ship to 

which I refer.

Thank you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi....I would have thought that the sooner the programme is released the better for P&O. I know it must be an absolute nightmare with so many considerations to take into account  for cruise companies to plan so far ahead but I would think that by April 2022 on wards many of us will be willing to book a cruise.....especially if it is with a low deposit....could be worth the " gamble" of losing the low deposit just to have something positive to look forward to and of course it would bring some revenue back into the vastly depleted coffers. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, janny444 said:

especially if it is with a low deposit....could be worth the " gamble" of losing the low deposit just to have something positive to look forward to and of course it would bring some revenue back into the vastly depleted coffers. 

Given the $8bn that Carnival have borrowed, in all fairness, a few thousand deposits at £100 a time is insignificant.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Given the $8bn that Carnival have borrowed, in all fairness, a few thousand deposits at £100 a time is insignificant.  

Probably....but as the Supermarket says " every little helps" 😄

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, janny444 said:

Probably....but as the Supermarket says " every little helps" 😄

Indeed!

 

My instinct says that Carnival won't be too fussed about a 5% deposit offer, however I would expect less generosity when it comes to the benefits available with the Select Price offering which have gradually trimmed back i.e. less OBC, none for some inside cabins, car parking no longer available except if the cruise is 6 nights or longer I believe...every little thing is spotted 😉

 

The big unknowns are the base price and if any difficulties be created for passengers with outstanding FCCs?

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

I’m now expecting Summer 2022 (possibly up to early November) to go one sale in the next four working weeks.

 

Meeting early next week should decide exactly when.

That's good news. Let's hope they have some affordable cruises on sale for early bookings again.

Avril

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

That's good news. Let's hope they have some affordable cruises on sale for early bookings again.

Avril

Yes ...affordable cruises ....fingers ....and whatever else crossed...I am hoping to do the cruise that we should have done in April this year....could book for 2021 for same cruise but it is 65% more than what we were paying....we shall wait and see with bated breath what prices are for April 2022 😄

Link to post
Share on other sites

That's helpful to know thank you.  So by my reckoning, the ships on sale in the brochure should be:

 

Arcadia, Aurora, Azura, Britannia, Iona, and Ventura, but not Gala 2, as she is due at the end of 2022 arising from the Covid-19 delays.  No doubt a video and at least three marketing emails to explain this to me....

 

If the new brochure is to be launched by the end of September (let's say Tuesday 29th at 10am of course for the fun of it), then you would imagine a truncated pre-registration period for the Baltic/Ligurian groups and then something else for the other mere mortals before it kicks off🤣🤪

 

Pre-registration, if it occurs against reasonably well priced cruises and without catches, will be a lot more decisive than normal as there is a lot of pent up demand from unredeemed FCCs.

 

An interesting call to launch Summer 2022 without a confirmed restart plan, unless this will also be on its way, let's see!

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

An interesting call to launch Summer 2022 without a confirmed restart plan, unless this will also be on its way, let's see!

I really do hope so. All this speculation is not doing me any favours at all. I love to plan and have things to look forward to. 

Avril

Link to post
Share on other sites

There will be a potentially very interesting thread in a few weeks, "Compare the P&owe Cruise Price"

 

With itineraries and ships being directly comparable across the Summer 2020 and Summer 2022, we should be able to see how much, if anything, passengers will be asked to pay for the Covid-19 and FCCs.

 

My working assumption would be that capacity management measures and social distancing will not be factored in, because one would hope (and pray!) that we have moved on from this dreadful virus by then.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Let’s hope they are paying attention the pricing and offering of Fred now that the have the two larger ships and really are more in direct competition with P&O. 

 

I am certainly looking forward to seeing what Ffed has on offer tomorrow when they release itins. 

 

I also wouldn’t be surprised if the old HAL Amsterdam Ship becomes their new RTW vessel, which will further put stress onto P&O. 

Edited by ToxM
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

My working assumption would be that capacity management measures and social distancing will not be factored in, because one would hope (and pray!) that we have moved on from this dreadful virus by then.

I hope so too. I've really learnt to count my blessings. The hard way.

Avril

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ToxM said:

Let’s hope they are paying attention the pricing and offering of Fred now that the have the two larger ships and really are more in direct competition with P&O. 

 

I am certainly looking forward to seeing what Ffed has on offer tomorrow when they release itins. 

 

I also wouldn’t be surprised if the old HAL Amsterdam Ship becomes their new RTW vessel, which will further put stress onto P&O. 

I didn't know Fred's new itineraries were being released tomorrow, thank you. It's worth a look

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Royal Caribbean
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...