New promo 5 free/15% discount expires tonight 9/24/20

mscloyd

All 5 free at sea is back, plus 15% latitues member discount, plus extra latitudes points. Expires tonight. It save me a few hundred, plus received the other free at sea.  Of course it depends when you booked but worth checking.

thanks so much for the info. we had a 2 bedroom suite booked for the july 4th sailing out of amsterdam for my grandson's college graduation. with the new promo for prior quests, i was able to upgrade to the 2 bedroom haven villa.

my deepest gratitude. any suite in the haven ROCKS!

I had the choice of saving about $500 or paying $400/pp to move from an aft PH to the Owners Suite....I chose the OS!! That was a move I wanted to do but couldn’t see the price difference.....I’ll plop down the extra money because prior to this sale, it was a whole lot more than that!! I’m doing the happy dance!!

Edited by NayRN

5 minutes ago, timf2001 said:

The Latitudes Insider Offer runs through at least October 12.  The Take All 5 deal will probably be extended at least that long as well if past promotions are any indication.

Lets hope this is true, trying to get my parents to join us for a 2021 Med cruise 

• Like 1

Thanks for posting this, mscloud! 👍 This is what I like about Cruise Critic, folks posting helpful info.....called NCL today and was able to save $700 on our 2022 cruise I recently booked and get the 5 Free, (adding Specialty Dining and $50 Shore Ex. Disc.) the 15% Past Guest Discount, and double our Latitudes points.  We are happy campers!

• Like 3

I don't understand how you navigate from an existing booking to a new offer. Do you cancel your old booking and rebook the new? Or does NCL willingly bless your old booking with new advantages, so we need to be constantly vigilant for offers to negotiate?

I have an apr 2021 booking that I guess is cancellable or downpayable in december. Some promotional discounts/credits may be lost if I cancel.  I don't chat with my cruise consultant much due to 6 hour time difference, among other things.

Edited by dumbth

16 minutes ago, dumbth said:

I don't understand how you navigate from an existing booking to a new offer. Do you cancel your old booking and rebook the new? Or does NCL willingly bless your old booking with new advantages, so we need to be constantly vigilant for offers to negotiate?

your cruise consultant, travel agent or the regular call center reps at NCL HQ can adjust your booking with the promo. usually it is not a cancel/rebook

the booking does not get the new promo codes unless you ask for you it

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, dumbth said:

My TA does a re-fare whenever the price or perks get better. My Hawaii  7 day in 12/21 has been re-fared 3 times since I booked it in April. I think (but not really sure) that NCL won't re-fare if the cabin category is sold out.

Edited by pizzalady1
  • Like 1

Just cxl’d our 1/10/21 Joy out of Miami and rolled it into 1/9-22 Encore out of Miami. Saved a few $$ and get the extra point, but did anyone else also receive a $50 OBC for their cabin?  Didn’t see that written anywhere. Is this a Latitudes perk?

7E8DC1BB-C6BF-4783-B95E-6FAD93243BEF.jpeg

17 minutes ago, kismet618 said:

Just cxl’d our 1/10/21 Joy out of Miami and rolled it into 1/9-22 Encore out of Miami. Saved a few $$ and get the extra point, but did anyone else also receive a $50 OBC for their cabin?  Didn’t see that written anywhere. Is this a Latitudes perk?

no, seems to be extra perk that is offered on some sailings

3 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Can someone please explain to me why paying $40 per day (for the both of us) for "Free Open Bar" gratuities is a good deal, especially when only one of us may only have 2-3 drinks a day?

you can remove the perk, ask your travel agent or cruise consultant to take it off if you do not want it. that is what i did for my booking

• Like 2

@Ken the cruiserthat question gets asked a lot here.  The truth is, it's not a good deal for everyone which is why you're free to removed from your reservation at any time.  However, and here's the thing, each drink will cost around $7-9 + gratuity of 20%, so, if you drink 2-3 drinks a day you'll be looking at $21 + $4.20 gratuity.  If only 1 person drinks, it likely isn't worth it.  Just pay as you go. 

HTH

Have a good day. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, shof515 said:

you can remove the perk, ask your travel agent or cruise consultant to take it off if you do not want it. that is what i did for my booking

I did. I was just wondering if I was missing something. The same thing goes for the Free Specialty Dining perk with the gratuities being added to your cruise bill upfront, especially if you're going to book a SD package where the gratuities are included in the charge.

10 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

@Ken the cruiserthat question gets asked a lot here.  The truth is, it's not a good deal for everyone which is why you're free to removed from your reservation at any time.  However, and here's the thing, each drink will cost around $7-9 + gratuity of 20%, so, if you drink 2-3 drinks a day you'll be looking at $21 + $4.20 gratuity.  If only 1 person drinks, it likely isn't worth it.  Just pay as you go. 

HTH

Have a good day. 

Thanks. Just was making sure I wasn't missing something. We just booked a 38 day B2B for late 2022 and the "free drinks" gratuity was $1,504. Needless to say we cancelled it.

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 2

Can someone please explain to me why paying $40 per day (for the both of us) for "Free Open Bar" gratuities is a good deal, especially when only one of us may only have 2-3 drinks a day?
If you remove the perk, you will save $40 per day, but the cost of the alcohol is already included in your basic Cruise fare.

So you are definitely going to lose.

Try to choose a Cruise at the Sail away rate, that is usually the best deal for Norwegian.
If you insist on Norwegian only.
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, drsel said:

If you remove the perk, you will save $40 per day, but the cost of the alcohol is already included in your basic Cruise fare.

So you are definitely going to lose.

Try to choose a Cruise at the Sail away rate, that is usually the best deal for Norwegian.
If you insist on Norwegian only.

Thanks! We got the 15% deal plus the extra loyalty point per day bonus going on now which dropped our price over $3,700.  So we’re happy. But since we’re over 2 years out, will definitely keep doing fake bookings as new deals come available. 

• Like 1

Thanks! We got the 15% deal plus the extra loyalty point per day bonus going on now which dropped our price over $3,700.  So we’re happy. But since we’re over 2 years out, will definitely keep doing fake bookings as new deals come available. 

If you 15% discount was 3700 that must be a really expensive Cruise.

What is the total cost after all the discounts?

drsel what someone saves depends on the original cabin and the new one. i posted before that we had booked a 2 bedroom suite on the ncl jade sailing on july 4th 2021. the 2 bedroom haven was $1200 per person more. since the only difference was the use of the have pool and bar, it wasnt worth the difference s the rooms were essentially the same. with the discount, the price came out to almost the same amount of money, so we upgraded to the haven. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, complawyer said:

drsel what someone saves depends on the original cabin and the new one. i posted before that we had booked a 2 bedroom suite on the ncl jade sailing on july 4th 2021. the 2 bedroom haven was $1200 per person more. since the only difference was the use of the have pool and bar, it wasnt worth the difference s the rooms were essentially the same. with the discount, the price came out to almost the same amount of money, so we upgraded to the haven. 

There is always a wide range of pricing and people at the other end,  like me.   I have to say,   that probably is for 2 people?     At the other end,  I've sailed 38 days where the single fare wasn't even the savings of $3700.   Doesn't matter to anyone-   but them.      I wish them a great cruise.    🙂  

• Thanks 1