I just got a vacation survey

firefly333

3 hours ago, molly361 said:

On the subject of paying for the test I was told by one place a travel test would be $179 pp.  I would guess insurance would pay for one test but if a frequent cruiser is your insurance going to pay for multiple tests per year??

Exactly what I thought!  Why would insurance pay for frequent tests, especially if there are no symptoms.  

2 minutes ago, pstone1 said:

Exactly what I thought!  Why would insurance pay for frequent tests, especially if there are no symptoms.  

Not only with no symptoms, but with no medical reason to take the test (i.e. no exposure or any expectation that the result may be positive) 

I can see multiple tests being covered for incidents of possible exposure, but not for a cruise. 

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

I’d be checking the both that says none of their business. 

There were four choices:  Democrat, Republican, Independent, and a fourth which I chose that was something generic like  “Undecided” or “Prefer not to say”.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, pstone1 said:

I didn't have a good feeling about having to go see a doctor to get permission to cruise when the over 70 thing was happening and I'm not crazy about having to see a healthcare person to get a test before my vacation either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pstone1 said:

We have a cruise booked the first week of November.  Do others who received the survey also have a November cruise?

We have one booked for 22nd of Nov - found it interesting they asked political party in the survey

I took the Qualtrics survey, but didn't feel it was well written.  I would be happy to take the Covid saliva test and pay for it oop, but the survey only asked about the nasal swab.  It also didn't give the option for multiple trips of the same type for next year. 

7 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I don't answer income questions or political questions.  Many times there isn't a won't answer choice.

10 hours ago, pstone1 said:

There were four choices:  Democrat, Republican, Independent, and a fourth which I chose that was something generic like  “Undecided” or “Prefer not to say”.  

I mentioned that in my post above.  Pretty sure there was the same type of choice for the income question.  

16 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

I took the one that I received just now.  What the heck, why not?

Does seem like a coincidence rcl suggests a covid test 1 to 5 days before and this survey asked about same range. .. and rcl forums is where people are reporting they got it.

Btw i sure wanted to borrow your crystal ball thingee  ... someone wanted to know about their jan 2nd cruise. Its fitting a lot of answers these days. 

4 minutes ago, pstone1 said:

I mentioned that in my post above.  Pretty sure there was the same type of choice for the income question.  

There is no prefer not to answer on the income question on the quiz, I just looked.  I also do not consider undecided as a generic answer to the political question as I am not undecided.  I will pass.

5 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Does seem like a coincidence rcl suggests a covid test 1 to 5 days before and this survey asked about same range. .. and rcl forums is where people are reporting they got it.

Btw i sure wanted to borrow your crystal ball thingee  ... someone wanted to know about their jan 2nd cruise. Its fitting a lot of answers these days. 

No coincidence at all, Royal Caribbean has used Qualtrics in the past for surveys.