🤦‍♂️It appears Escape may have went into a Drydock today

BoundForSea

Well my friends, this week I was really confident we would be back on board in December on board Escape from Canaveral. Well, now its not looking so good due to the meeting being cancelled with the White House and now, it appears perhaps she went into a dry dock today. Pics below. I was told by NCL It would take about 6 weeks to get the ship prepped, staffed, and back here to operate. If this is a drydock, and not maybe just provisioning at a shipyard drydock (very doubtful) as it appears, I think we may be out of luck. 

Here’s the AIS position and the bridge cam shot. 

16D67404-E4DB-4C42-AC98-26DA09D0611A.jpeg

9293D2A6-042F-4619-BC77-B71CDDFA87D3.jpeg

Edited by BoundForSea
  • Like 2

interesting, thanks. Dry dock was planned this year for Escape in Oct., original in Brest after the Baltic Season. Then they changed it to Singapore. Escape is now 5 years old and they have to di class work ( all 5 years in dock ).

Edited by Steff79

8 hours ago, Steff79 said:

wonder if they do the big one or cut it to save money???

Most other cruise lines have cancelled or scaled back their dry docks to critical maintenance only.  I would be shocked if NCL actually goes through with the second dry dock.

17 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

About a year ago, one set of plans that were in engineering review was to remove the aft sports deck (and maybe Spice H20) to install a go kart track. Wonder if that got approved.  

Let's hope not🤞

Sounds like it would be a costly change during a time like this so perhaps they will just go with the basic dry-dock requirements.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Coastalbreezes said:

This is a "mini" drydock for maintenance and cleaning. The big one will be in May 2021.

14 hours ago, BoundForSea said:

So this was scheduled? Ok thats not so bad then. Whats the scheduled time in for this one then?

Original schedule:

Oct 11 - Oct 21: 10-night Copenhagen to Southampton

Oct 22 - Oct 25: drydock in Brest, France

Oct 26 - Nov 09: 14-night Southampton to Port Canaveral

Hence the planned drydock in Brest has been changed to Singapore now, which is expected to be completed in just a few days. Then there will be another period for drydock in May 2021.

Apr 16 - May 01: 15-night New York to Southampton

May 02 - May 25: drydock in Brest, France

May 28 - Jun 06: 9-night Copenhagen roundtrip

• Thanks 1

On 10/4/2020 at 9:05 PM, Cruise Wonderland said:

Original schedule:

Oct 11 - Oct 21: 10-night Copenhagen to Southampton

Oct 22 - Oct 25: drydock in Brest, France

Oct 26 - Nov 09: 14-night Southampton to Port Canaveral

Hence the planned drydock in Brest has been changed to Singapore now, which is expected to be completed in just a few days. Then there will be another period for drydock in May 2021.

Apr 16 - May 01: 15-night New York to Southampton

May 02 - May 25: drydock in Brest, France

May 28 - Jun 06: 9-night Copenhagen roundtrip

So.... if we watch for a couple of days and see her heading this way, we may still have the slimmest of slim chances to sail Dec 5    Fingers crossed.  I'm ok being the guinea pigs

1 hour ago, cruiser123! said:

So.... if we watch for a couple of days and see her heading this way, we may still have the slimmest of slim chances to sail Dec 5    Fingers crossed.  I'm ok being the guinea pigs

My fingers and toes are crossed as we’re right behind you on the 12th!! I never thought back in Feb when we dosembarked in Miami that it might be the last time I cruised in almost a year. 

I created this thread due to my booking in December. The good news is, Sailings if they get a green light will most likely be with one ship from Canaveral and one from Miami, however starting with Miami on Encore as the first test bed if I had to guess. Anyway, hopefully after dry dock she will pick up some employees from that area and head back west. 

On 10/4/2020 at 8:45 PM, BirdTravels said:

About a year ago, one set of plans that were in engineering review was to remove the aft sports deck (and maybe Spice H20) to install a go kart track. Wonder if that got approved.  

JMHO:  YUCK!

• Like 4

God I hope not. Otherwise, I will never sail that ship. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, GA Dave said:

JMHO:  YUCK!

I certaily hope not ..  i loved that Water Grotto back there !     There was already enough kiddy amusement park crap rides on that ship .. it doesnt need stupid go karts added.    

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, F27TW said:

I certaily hope not ..  i loved that Water Grotto back there !     There was already enough kiddy amusement park crap rides on that ship .. it doesnt need stupid go karts added.    

Heres how FDR sees it: Thats X amount of real estate that doesn’t add to the bottom line right now. Free ropes course and adult only enjoyment area = No monetary Value. Replace it with Pay per ride go carts and Laser Tag and add to the bottom line.  It’s like the Encore, many of their long time customers (like DW and I) are annoyed that there is no sun deck space. Well sure there is, half the ship top deck is Vibe now, there’s plenty of top deck space if you want to shell out more $$! 

Sadly it’s inevitable however one good thing has come from the pandemic, they have no capital to fund these kinds of projects for a while. 

Edited by BoundForSea
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

Joy is now on the move - heading to Manila Philippines - according to both Cruisemapper and Marine Traffic - with ETA of Oct 11th.

Interesting .... 

This is good news all. Means they are going to pick up the employees!!

I follow a youtube RCL employee and he just posted that he will be back to work "very soon", so I think it is as we expect, employees are getting tested and being asked to either return to a ship that is coming in, or fly to a ship they are assigned to.  

• Like 1

I follow a youtube RCL employee and he just posted that he will be back to work "very soon", so I think it is as we expect, employees are getting tested and being asked to either return to a ship that is coming in, or fly to a ship they are assigned to.  
Is it Riley Tench? I follow him and Chris Wong.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMESCC said:

Oh excellent, I will check it out as soon as I get home from work in 20 minutes. Thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

It's not a video or anything, he just tweeted it out.

• Like 1