The Daily for Saturday Oct 10, 2020

richwmn

Good Morning.

It will be a quiet Thanksgiving weekend this year.  Unfortunately it is not the year to celebrate with three different turkey dinners with family and friends over the long weekend.  Another year for the dinners, but the family and friends are held tightly in our hearts this year.

Thanksgiving center piece form 2014.

10403007_10206043938602727_2693986417402623536_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=cdbe9c&_nc_ohc=tWQkIYesqfkAX_I6kGY&_nc_ht=scontent.fyvr4-1.fna&oh=cab7afe666b6d4e0c23b4492cae8adf6&oe=5FA90249

This photograph was taken exactly five years ago.

12109884_10207652534016607_6284055403684327188_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=cdbe9c&_nc_ohc=FRB62ac7kbsAX_idIlL&_nc_ht=scontent.fyvr4-1.fna&oh=7863dc4754e4dee30c585e137706f0a2&oe=5FA6F10B

Val

• Like 14

I am thankful of the rain we are getting. It started last night and should rain all day. We haven’t had any rain in months and months so this is good for stopping the fires. 

Thanks for the daily Rich and happy thanksgiving. 

• Like 11

Good morning, all, and thanks you to Rich for the Daily, and passing on Roy's lists.

We will be having turkey - I bought a large one yesterday and asked the butcher if he would cut it in half for me so I could freeze half.  He said no, so we will have to eat the whole thing, and as there will just be the three of us, I plan to have it every day until finished!  Thanksgiving weekend it is!

image.png.8997ce57ac1d92964dc670a807c88aa8.png

DD wants me to cook it in a bag, so I will be testing that.  Last year we were in Gander, andNo.2 DD's boyfriend cooked one turkey on the smoker/barbecue and I did another in the oven.  His was delicious, but mine had stuffing!

IMG_1375.thumb.jpeg.24966496a9db75e69504985131bacdc0.jpeg

IMG_1378.thumb.jpeg.a0c48d716cddafd233d19562205501c1.jpeg

• Like 14

Still cool and dry here in Durango. We were hoping to get some of the rain from the Northwest, but it looks like it will stay north of us. The whole state needs moisture.... fires north and east are still bad.

Those turkeys look wonderful. I will probably roast one this year and freeze meals from it to last me much of the winter. Usually I join friends for dinner, but I suspect not this year unless things get a lot better. Our C-19 rates are rising.A couple of my favorite places for carry-out meals have had to close for deep cleaning after outbreaks among staff.

My project to keep me occupied in sorting pictures. Have a lot of family pictures, most are labeled or I know who they are, but they need to be resorted and duplicates sent to other family members. That should keep me occupied for a few weeks.

Susan

• Like 8

30 minutes ago, lindaler said:

I am thankful of the rain we are getting. It started last night and should rain all day. We haven’t had any rain in months and months so this is good for stopping the fires. 

That’s excellent news.  I hope the rain continues and helps 🤞 

• Like 5

Good morning, and Happy Thanksgiving weekend to the good people of Canada! We are being very!?!? patient waiting for this all to pass so that we are once again allowed north of the border. There is so much of your beautiful country that we hope to yet visit.

Thanks for the Daily and all who contribute to it!

Have a great, safe day everyone!

Lori & George

• Like 8

1 hour ago, VMax1700 said:

Surgery brought forward by 24 hours, Roy, so now scheduled for 15th.

Thanks to all for the positive thoughts ❤️

That is good news 👍 

Prayers that Ellen’s surgery goes well and she recovers quickly. ❤️ 

• Like 5

Sitting out tornado warnings here south of Atlanta and the warnings are moving north and east as time goes by.  These storms are part of tropical storm Delta.  Be safe everyone.  We are in our "lower level" with the TV on waiting it out.  Wish I could send some of this rain to those who need it.  

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Sitting out tornado warnings here south of Atlanta and the warnings are moving north and east as time goes by.  These storms are part of tropical storm Delta.  Be safe everyone.  We are in our "lower level" with the TV on waiting it out.  Wish I could send some of this rain to those who need it.  

Stay safe.  We expect rain tomorrow but not much else.

BTW, it's been a very hectic day.  I hope to get back to the 2003 trip tomorrow.

Roy

• Like 2

A diplomat is a person who.........

always knows what to talk about, but doesn't always talk about what he/she knows

can bring home the bacon without spilling the beans

can juggle a hot potato long enough for it to become a cold issue

can look happy when he/she has unexpected dinner guests

can put his/her best foot forward when he /she doesn't have a leg to stand on

can tell you to go to "he double hockey sticks" so tactfully that you look forward to the trip

can put his/her foot down without stepping on someone's toes

divides his/her time between running for office and running for cover

puts his/her cards on the table but still has some up his/her sleeve

will lay down your life for his/her country

will approach every question with an open mouth

straddles an issue whenever he/she isn't dodging one

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Oh No! Stay safe and I hope that all is too and the warning don’t come true. 🤞 🙏🏻 

• Like 1

Covid is so scary.  Very worried for my niece and my sister and my BIL.

Of course, they are in quarantine.  My niece is already positive and has lost taste and smell.  My sister and BIL have a wait until Sunday to be tested and sadly, where they are the results don’t come  as fast as here.  They might not hear until Friday 😞 

Niece was at University and my soft heated sister was worried about her so they went to get her and bring her home.  DAM.

Scary and very worrisome.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Sending positive thoughts to you!! Please stay safe and my prayers go out to you and all during this storm!

Denise😊

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kazu said:

Covid is so scary.  Very worried for my niece and my sister and by BIL.

Of course, they are in quarantine.  My niece is already positive and has lost taste and smell.  My sister and BIL have a wait until Sunday to be tested and sadly, where they are the results don’t come  as fast as here.  They might not here until Friday 😞 

Oh Jacqui!!! I am so sorry for them and pray all will be well! Oh gosh this is 😞 sad! Tonight special prayers to your niece, your dear sister and BIL!

God Bless them.

Denise😞

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, kazu said:

Covid is so scary.  Very worried for my niece and my sister and my BIL.

Of course, they are in quarantine.  My niece is already positive and has lost taste and smell.  My sister and BIL have a wait until Sunday to be tested and sadly, where they are the results don’t come  as fast as here.  They might not hear until Friday 😞 

Niece was at University and my soft heated sister was worried about her so they went to get her and bring her home.  DAM.

We'll pray for everything to come out ok.

Lori & George

• Like 5

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Stay safe.  We expect rain tomorrow but not much else.

BTW, it's been a very hectic day.  I hope to get back to the 2003 trip tomorrow.

Roy

Roy it’s ok! Your day was busy we understand ok! Take a break’! Please Roy we need to put Jacqui’s dear sister her niece and BIL on your prayer List! I so hope Jacqui doesn’t mind me asking you! 
Prayers so help!! I know because I see it for my friend.

Thanks Roy

Denise😊

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Please Roy we need to put Jacqui’s dear sister her niece and BIL on your prayer List! I

No need for that.  Sorry, I shouldn’t have said anything.  Just a bit troubled and worried.

They have more than enough prayers from all of us ❤️ 

• Like 1