Where have The " regulars" Gone....DaiB....Selbourne....Andy...etc.

janny444

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

Re my post about the whole ranking thing about reputation - I still don't get it and CC need to scrap it. That's just me as I live in a world of league tables. Sorry folks, I started this thread and wish I'd kept my keyboard mouth shut.

It had nothing to do with your post Presto, and you have nothing to be sorry for. I personally feel that something was wrong for him to suddenly go off like that, he just needed a trigger and unfortunately, you drew the short straw. It is so unlike him and I am a tad worried. Nevertheless Presto it has nothing to do with your keyboard mouth, love that phrase😉

Avril

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Its been a long weekend so need to chill out -------- if I was a dwarf my name would be Grumpy tonight !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Speak soon when I am perhaps Happy or Bashful 🙂 🙂 🙂

I think I'm Dopey🥴

Avril

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

It had nothing to do with your post Presto, and you have nothing to be sorry for. I personally feel that something was wrong for him to suddenly go off like that, he just needed a trigger and unfortunately, you drew the short straw. It is so unlike him and I am a tad worried. Nevertheless Presto it has nothing to do with your keyboard mouth, love that phrase😉

Avril

I wonder if someone reported wowzz's post and he is currently serving a ban?

14 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Hi there, and welcome back. I hope you're feeling yourself again. We all need to let go sometimes to clear our heads😉

Avril

Thanks - just keeping a low profile for a while as my personal opinions were not well received,  and probably could have been expressed better.  

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Just keeping my head down!

We all have off days and say things we didn't mean and regret it later.

I think lockdown is getting to us all but this is a friendly forgiving group and understand the stresses it is causing us all.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

We all have off days and say things we didn't mean and regret it later.

I think lockdown is getting to us all but this is a friendly forgiving group and understand the stresses it is causing us all.

Interesting phone call with my Mum today, who lives in a part of Essex with virtually no CV19 cases.  She can no .longer meet up with any of her friends for coffee, or afternoon tea. 

For the first time in her life she is going to  deliberately break the law. In 1945 she could have tea with her friends in London when the V2 bombs were falling, but now she can't share a table in M&S!

She is forming a social Lesbian bubble with her 92 year old friend. If it's good enough for Strictly, it's good enough for Essex pensioners.  

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Interesting phone call with my Mum today, who lives in a part of Essex with virtually no CV19 cases.  She can no .longer meet up with any of her friends for coffee, or afternoon tea. 

For the first time in her life she is going to  deliberately break the law. In 1945 she could have tea with her friends in London when the V2 bombs were falling, but now she can't share a table in M&S!

She is forming a social Lesbian bubble with her 92 year old friend. If it's good enough for Strictly, it's good enough for Essex pensioners.  

Wartime spirit wowzz. They were made of strong stuff. My parents were the same.

Avril

8 hours ago, wowzz said:

Thanks - just keeping a low profile for a while as my personal opinions were not well received,  and probably could have been expressed better.  

Welcome back Wowzz. My attitudes to social media and public displays of grief are probably closer to yours than others (maybe a bloke thing?), but I also know that when things are written down they can sometimes sound cold and not how they are meant to come across. It’s happened to me before, both on here and in emails - in terms of what I have said and what others have said to me. Anyway, pleased to have you back and that we can now move on. 

• Like 6

I agree with Selbourne's sentiments,sometimes the written word doesn't come across as well as the verbal one. It can be perceived as a bit harsh or blunt. I have difficulty in picking the right words sometimes when writing but when your facing someone ,trying to get your point of view across, I find it much easier. Non verbal communication helps in face to face situations.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

Glad to read that you Mum is fit and well enough to form such a bubble :classic_unsure:

It must be hard not seeing her due to distance etc .

Maybe you could adapt and make your own bubble with Harry or RODGER !!

You could meet at Cleethorpes pier or under the pier if the tide was out .

Even suck on a Fisherman's friend whilst gazing out to sea .:classic_smile:

I used to eat bags of them years ago until they changed the recipe .

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, wowzz said:

I think you are right there wowzz.  However I do agree with you a little and often wonder if sympathetic responses are sometimes a bit overdone, which is why I restrict my comments only to posters where I feel some affinity. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I think you are right there wowzz.  However I do agree with you a little and often wonder if sympathetic responses are sometimes a bit overdone, which is why I restrict my comments only to posters where I feel some affinity. 

I also feel the same but it's very difficult to strike a balance, so its sometimes better to say nothing..

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Selbourne said:

I’m not at all surprised to hear that. I have always felt the same about those who have websites with cruise blogs that are done in their own names. The reviews are almost always gushing and they plug their websites and reviews at every opportunity, including on here. Doubtless they are very well ‘looked after’ when they go on a cruise. I try to post a comprehensive review on Cruise Critic whenever we return from a cruise and I feel that it is balanced. The good things are highlighted, as are the poor things. I wouldn’t like P&O to know who I am in real life, as I am sure that my cruise experience would be affected (possibly for the better, but you never know)! I don’t feel that you can comment objectively and without bias if the service provider knows who you are and ‘tailors’ your experience in order to generate positive comments. All that being said, some of the wealthiest folk on the planet at present are those deemed ‘influencers’ on social media. They make millions out of it. No advantage for them in maintaining anonymity of course 😂 

As far as I am concerned, cruise Vlogs are great for getting a decent video tour around a new or refurbished ship to see what they look like. I take no notice of what the Vlogger says as 1, they are usually getting a free short cruise or other perk, 2, their tastes are probably different to mine and 3, they don't even always get things factually correct.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, wowzz said:

Been there and posted once and was removed (oh the shame). Looking back I think I can see what you were trying to say.

What's done is done, let's move on - nice to read your recent posts 🙂

Edited by Presto2
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Selbourne said:

Welcome back Wowzz. My attitudes to social media and public displays of grief are probably closer to yours than others (maybe a bloke thing?), but I also know that when things are written down they can sometimes sound cold and not how they are meant to come across. It’s happened to me before, both on here and in emails - in terms of what I have said and what others have said to me. Anyway, pleased to have you back and that we can now move on. 

Quite often I post things and then think 'Selbourne would put it so much better'... 

Your writing is clear and precise, mine tends to resemble the ramblings of a mad man... 

As for the other point, it's sometimes better to not say things out loud... 😊

Andy 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Quite often I post things and then think 'Selbourne would put it so much better'... 

Your writing is clear and precise, mine tends to resemble the ramblings of a mad man... 

Andy 

I need to learn to write an message / post / e-mail and then leave it until the next day before posting or sending. Those who work with me would say that I still don't get that one quite right but am working on it 😉

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

That’s very kind Andy, but you are certainly no less eloquent and you also blend that with the skill to maintain a jolly persona at times when those of us who are less restrained can tend to bite! I really admire that in you. I have a ‘fantasy P&O dining table’ in my mind and you and Michelle are definitely on the list! I have only had the pleasure of meeting a few fellow CC members ‘in the flesh’ (Britboys, mercury7289 and ehg spring to mind) and can confirm that they are every bit as pleasant and interesting as you would think from their posts. In fact Andrew (Britboys) is another CC contributor who I have huge admiration for, as his posts are always interesting, considered and he never gets embroiled in the more tetchy conversations. I keep reminding myself that I should take a leaf out of his book, but I often fail 😂 

• Like 4