Roc - Disgraceful

nasus2

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

Yep

Sorry I disagree. While I agree its take it or leave it, some of the changes are disappointing to the person affected. People have no heart here with comments like this. My mom said if you dont have anything nice to say dont say it. 

Too bad people cant be a little more sympathetic.. I dont know why posters have to chime in and act like how dare the op feel bad and post this. It's hard on everyone. Rcl and those who get affected. Maybe it's my age but a little sympathy doesnt hurt anyone. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Actually I've never run into anything like this year on rcl.

My comment was on the policy the OP thought was unfair - what the OP was offered has been sorta the default for RCI for years. They do make exceptions sometimes, like letting people keep the $18 DP mistake, but most of the time, without huge public shaming and outcry, their default policies stand.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

My comment was on the policy the OP thought was unfair - what the OP was offered has been sorta the default for RCI for years. They do make exceptions sometimes, like letting people keep the $18 DP mistake, but most of the time, without huge public shaming and outcry, their default policies stand.

I didnt mean you, your comments arent personal. In fact I agree with you when you tell people take the refund. Your business advice is good.

10 hours ago, twangster said:

Cruise lines are fighting for their survival.  The compensation isn't generous because they don't have it to give.  They are one bad decision away from going bankrupt so offering generous compensation just isn't possible.  

Take the refund while you can.

I agree today it’s losing one day tomorrow can be no cruise and no refund no FCC due to liquidation.

1 hour ago, Iamcruzin said:

I agree today it’s losing one day tomorrow can be no cruise and no refund no FCC due to liquidation.

Take the money and run then cruise another year on which ever cruise line is still operating at the time.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, nasus2 said:

Roc have had to amend my November 2021 new Zealand cruise from 10 days to 9 days.  That’s fine because in these changing times I can see future scheduling 

for the cruise lines must be a nightmare.  What I am not happy with is their punitive offer of 100 US dollars OBC compensation. We (husband and I) paid over £2176 for a 10 night cruise which equates to 288 dollars per night so roc have offered the oh so generous compensation of 33% , and I am very agreaved  that such an outstanding company is so  mealy mouthed and penny pinching.  They should offer a reasonable rate. I very much doubt I will consider booking with them in the future .  This rant won’t c(angle anything and I doubt roc even read these comments but at least I feel.a bit better regards 

Sorry this has happened to you. 

Ask for a refund and save the money for when cruising actual starts again.

14 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Rcl isnt being fair let's be honest, its take it or leave it now and going forward. 

It always been this way. Most the time, changes affect just one ship/port(s). Now it effects nearly all ships/itinerary/ports. Just more visible to all now. 

M8

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

7 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Too bad people cant be a little more sympathetic.. I dont know why posters have to chime in and act like how dare the op feel bad and post this. It's hard on everyone. Rcl and those who get affected. Maybe it's my age but a little sympathy doesnt hurt anyone. 

In these times, a full refund is fair, IMO. Don’t like it, choose another cruise line or vacation/holiday.  Everyone has been affected by COVID19.  Refunds are not all taking 120 days if it’s an automated process. Some situations are unique and take longer (credit card changes). 

M8

11 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Firefly this is a good point, I don't mean to sound like people shouldn't be disappointed or wish for more.   Of course the OP has the right to be upset about their vacation changing.  For me, I think the problem is I am a fatalist.  We are in the middle of a once in a generation event, your life is going to be interrupted and bad things are going to happen.  I always expect the worst and just roll with it.  BUT, it isn't fair to make others think they need to be the same.   

The OP can and should come on here and post how they feel, that's what this site is for.  At some point, they will have to make a decision based on the available options.  That is where my suggestion they take the refund comes from.  It is simply the best of two crappy options. 

24 minutes ago, Domino D said:

The OP can and should come on here and post how they feel, that's what this site is for.  At some point, they will have to make a decision based on the available options.  That is where my suggestion they take the refund comes from.  It is simply the best of two crappy options. 

I just know I often feel under attack on msg boards. It seems if you say you are disappointed people are all like suck it up, get over it .... whatever it is. I actually walked out of a group yesterday over something yesterday. Cheers is being offered to lure carnival people to book, but seems they targeted those without bookings, not those active with bookings. .. unlike rcl who is giving everyone in 2021 double pts, they didnt pick and choose. It may be my last carnival booking. I was called a fake account by 2 women, and everyone went into attack mode. They said no one could be so petty to be upset they didnt get the free cheers package for the week, so I must be a fake account. 

This site can be bad too. When you first read news it's sometimes to me normal to feel disappointed ... then you decide what to do. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I just know I often feel under attack on msg boards. It seems if you say you are disappointed people are all like suck it up, get over it .... whatever it is.

Please keep in mind that 'it's ok to not be ok'

It's ok to be disappointed and if these women can not see you have a right to be upset/disappointed that is on them.  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

This site can be bad too. When you first read news it's sometimes to me normal to feel disappointed ... then you decide what to do. 

My wife and I often end up in this space.  I am rarely disappointed, and it drives her nuts.  It's just not in my make up.  I would never go so far as to tell someone they were faking it, or accuse them of something, but I might minimize something because it is not even a thought to me.  Were all different and probably need to remember that everyone is entitled to their opinions and feelings.

Edited by Domino D

I'd be upset too.

Maybe ROC thinks you are one of the group of people who just want to be on a cruise no matter what.  Heck there are people fighting to be on test cruises being subjected to all sorts of unpleasantries and you are complaining about losing one day of a normal cruise....

OK, I'm having trouble with the OP's original wording of "paid". 

Since the cruise isn't until November 2021, final payment date is September-ish in 2021.  So, are we discussing a "perceived" loss of value with one day lopped off the length of the cruise?  Or, are we discussing actual cash paid to RCCL (aka Roc), that is being withheld?  And, "withheld" isn't really happening if the final payment hasn't been made.  

Seems to me it's more of a re-pricing disagreement for the new cruise?????

2 hours ago, yogimax said:

Are you saying RCCL hasn't been "fair" or "honest?"  That's the implication of your comment.

Fair is a subjective term, and can not have a definitive definition for any one given circumstance. 

No one is questioning honesty, RCG was “honest” when they told the OP what their options were. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/13/2020 at 7:44 AM, Biker19 said:

If look at their history, I'm not sure why you are so surprised at this - that offer seems to be the norm. Take the refund, if available, and take your business elsewhere.

Agree, have had multiple Royal Cruises loose a day, offer was no credit or reduction in price

If you are still willing to book a cruise or lift and shift while cruising has come to a halt with no sign of returning to normal in sight then be prepared to suck it up buttercup and be willing to bear the pain,  disappointment or monetary lose. Itinerary changes and charters happen on a good day. This situation has turned cruise itineraries into a logistics nightmare.

Edited by Iamcruzin